please remove

Ithilwen.1529

??? There are plenty of passive builds out there if you want to play them. A spec being reactive rather than passive doesn't make it bad.Doesn't reactive rather then passive require more skill?

I can understand where you are coming from. However, matchmaking is designed so that people of equal skill levels play against each other.If you are bad at something, no matter your age, you can either quite or keep practicing and getting better, improving one day at a time.

If you currently play mostly passive games or builds instead of reactive, you aren't going to train and perfect your reflexes to their optimal abilities.At age 85, Hirmomu Inada became the oldest man to complete an iron man. This includes a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bicycle ride, and a 26.22 mile run. Our abilities may start to wane with age, but don't ever, ever use that as an excuse to avoid reaching your maxiumum potential. Finding passive builds more fun to play is one thing, but claiming reactive builds or specs are 'bad' is another.

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Survival depends on evade chaining and shatter spamming for heal. Both need an ability to read enemy animations. Very fast reaction times are mandatory. I do significantly worse on Mirage than I do on a core Mesmer.You don't just read animations, you can also predict their skills if you try out every class. For example, you can anticipate and dodge or daze immediately when a Holo goes into F5, since most of the time a Corona Burst is coming.Define very fast reaction times, because normal people have around 0.25 seconds reaction time to visual stimuli, and you can reduce that time if you are familiar with your class.

Have you considered running Berserker Mirage? You don't need dueling sense, all you need to do is train for 1 combo, GS#2 + Power Lock + Power Spike -> F1. Then you look for Scourge or Druid or FB then stealth and gank the jesus out of them with your overwhelming burst damage. Go out with Blink/Jaunt once you have no CDs. No reaction time required, no reading animations required, you just need to use the 1 combo.

Mirage has been customized for a small demographic of players. Players like myself are kind of out of luck. I find that ironic since PvE players and older players like myself likely spend more money on the game than PvP only players.Are you going to say that you can automatically assume that you are the average player? And by assuming that you are the average, do you then have the right to claim that since you are unable to use Mirage to your expectations, then Mirage is automatically the outlier? And also that because your reaction time is different, "very fast reaction times" relative to your own is automatically the outlier?

So you mean "I pay more so you should cater the game to me"? Are you really important? Are you special? What about all the other players in the game? Are they not just as uniquely important as you? And about paying more, actually I mostly PvP and I already regret how many gems I spent on BLTC. Do you have statistics or do you think your anecdotal evidence stands for everyone because you represent everything that is worth fighting for? And my differing opinion is automatically counted out of that approval circle and you're going to socially ostracize me as punishment?

There has been a crusade to make PvP more difficult and to remove "passive" builds. As a direct result, PvP has become less and less accessible. Hence the low population.I think my play has actually improved once I let go of my passives because now I have to be conscious of how I use my abilities and it's become a lot more interactive to 1v1.You have gone on an eternal crusade to make PvP more easy and to encourage passive builds. As a direct result, PvP has become less and less accessible to me. Hence my threat to leave the game, and my herald-of-doom statement that this game will have a low population, that it is going to be a ded gaem, because I don't like it and my opinion means the world.

Is this a troll right? Complaining that you need to read enemy actions and react in a PvP game?

The whole point is to react and quickly formulate strategies for dealing with situations. Without that..... what do you have? The Sims? If what you want is The Sims, then I would recommend playing..... The Sims.

If reacting to other players actions isn't something that you want to do, surely you can get everything you need from the Test Golems in lobby?

@Ragnar.4257 said:Is this a troll right? Complaining that you need to read enemy actions and react in a PvP game?

The whole point is to react and quickly formulate strategies for dealing with situations. Without that..... what do you have? The Sims? If what you want is The Sims, then I would recommend playing..... The Sims.

Well...

@mortrialus.3062 said:

It's Ithilwen.

Greatsword 1, melee Greatsword 4 melee. On a Mirage. And apparently it's still playable that way.

Like.....what? Who said you had to stand on a point again to win the game with a Mirage when they can bait dodges with team WITHOUT having to stand on point taking AoE damage, and then finish with a shatter? Mirage/Mesmer isn't a real melee class.

Unless you're bunker mesmer Countless style.

@Ralkuth.1456 said:

@"Ithilwen.1529" said:Survival depends on evade chaining and shatter spamming for heal. Both need an ability to read enemy animations. Very fast reaction times are mandatory.
I do significantly worse on Mirage than I do on a core Mesmer.
You don't just read animations, you can also predict their skills if you try out every class. For example, you can anticipate and dodge or daze immediately when a Holo goes into F5, since most of the time a Corona Burst is coming.Define very fast reaction times, because normal people have around 0.25 seconds reaction time to visual stimuli, and you can reduce that time if you are familiar with your class.

Have you considered running
? You don't need dueling sense, all you need to do is train for 1 combo, GS#2 + Power Lock + Power Spike -> F1. Then you look for Scourge or Druid or FB then stealth and gank the jesus out of them with your overwhelming burst damage. Go out with Blink/Jaunt once you have no CDs. No reaction time required, no reading animations required, you just need to use the 1 combo.

Mirage has been customized for a small demographic of players. Players like myself are kind of out of luck. I find that ironic since PvE players and older players like myself likely spend more money on the game than PvP only players.Are you going to say that you can automatically assume that you are the average player? And by assuming that you are the average, do you then have the right to claim that since you are unable to use Mirage to your expectations, then Mirage is automatically the outlier? And also that because your reaction time is different, "very fast reaction times" relative to your own is automatically the outlier?

So you mean "I pay more so you should cater the game to me"? Are you really important? Are you special? What about all the other players in the game? Are they not just as uniquely important as you? And about paying more, actually I mostly PvP and I already regret how many gems I spent on BLTC. Do you have statistics or do you think your anecdotal evidence stands for everyone because you represent everything that is worth fighting for? And my differing opinion is automatically counted out of that approval circle and you're going to socially ostracize me as punishment?

There has been a crusade to make PvP more difficult and to remove "passive" builds. As a direct result, PvP has become less and less accessible. Hence the low population.
I think my play has actually improved once I let go of my passives because now I have to be conscious of how I use my abilities and it's become a lot more interactive to 1v1.You have gone on an eternal crusade to make PvP more easy and to encourage passive builds. As a direct result, PvP has become less and less accessible to me. Hence my threat to leave the game, and my herald-of-doom statement that this game will have a low population, that it is going to be a ded gaem, because I don't like it and my opinion means the world.

How is condi mirage harder than power?

Archived