Firebrand help

Calcipher.4256

Hi,

I’ve been looking at specializing my Guardian into a Firebrand because I definitely like to play the support role and this seems like a good choice. However, I do also like to dps.

How does Firebrand do as a dps?How do they fare in PvP? WvW? Fractals/raids/dungeons?

Thanks in advance

There are many different ways you can play as Firebrand.

In PvE, I would say Firebrand has more build variety, those being the quickness build, the support build that is also used in PvP/WvW and even burn Firebrand is also a solid build. In fractals, the majority of the Firebrands I've seen are playing the quickness build, but I've also seen a few burn or support Firebrands. It all comes down to personal preference and you really can't go wrong with either of these builds in PvE.

If you want to play DPS Firebrand in PvP or WvW, let's just say you won't make a lot of impact with it as in order to deal damage that's similar to the one that you can do with builds like radiant guardian or even trap dragonhunter, you have to swap out a core specialization that you will most definitely need either for sustain or damage. Firebrand is better off as support because of the tomes skills and wasting them just so you can do mediocre damage on enemies is not worth it. But if you are curious, I made this hybrid build that allows you to both deal damage and support allies.

Archived