No april fool's balance patch this year?

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Unless what @kharmin.7683 posted isnt
real
then i cant see them making a second one.That's not an ArenaNet website.

It could be a domain they own. Iirc the website transitions perfectly into this one and you can even log in through it.

That's not an Anet site; trust me. ;)

! Too many spelling/grammar errors that we didn't remove in time. And if you don't believe that, you can read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:I really wanted Slippery Slope across all game modes for one day. :( Would have been hilarious.

With the way that the aviator box and gender change for jokes in the past went, I can see why they probably wouldn't do that.

thank the snowflakes for ruining a fun time, if this keeps up we can say goodbye to super adventure too since ppl will whine about that eventually.

@Greener.6204 said:

@zealex.9410 said:Unless what @kharmin.7683 posted isnt
real
then i cant see them making a second one.That's not an ArenaNet website.

It could be a domain they own. Iirc the website transitions perfectly into this one and you can even log in through it.

That's not an Anet site; trust me. ;)

! Too many spelling/grammar errors that we didn't remove in time. And if you don't believe that, you can read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page.

I'm guessing the site is related to the wiki, seeing how they reference the 'forum post' verbatim as the 'Current Release' article on the main page.I like the name it was posted under: Erin Anett... A little bit on the nose, if you ask me. Just a tad.

@MikeG.6389 said:I'm guessing the site is related to the wiki, seeing how they reference the 'forum post' verbatim as the 'Current Release' article on the main page.I like the name it was posted under: Erin Anett... A little bit on the nose, if you ask me. Just a tad.Yeah? We had some subtler ones, but rolled with that one.

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't source the inspiration for this year's direction:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I make no apologies for doubling up on the charr, though ;) .

Charr 1, Ascalon 0 let it go

@hugo.4705 said:hmm I guess I'm missing the joke, whereas we have an official patch note, nothing is added in-game... o_u what's the point?If the patch notes are the jokes, then /woosh me I don't get it.

We havent had anything in game since 2015 with the airplane thing so kinda late to get disapointed when its been like this for 3 years previously already aint it?

I miss that they used to do these things, even though they irritated me personally.I would prefer to see them come back, but be focused more on optional participation.
An example would be something like the Box 'O Fun "mysteriously" shows up in the main cities, and people who touch them get transformed, or have their visuals effected (like the Avaiators, or Bobble head).And, to encourage participation/curiosity, include a random drop that has the same 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance as a precursor. (obviously would need to be restricted to getting the drop once an hour or something).

@Linken.6345 said:

@hugo.4705 said:hmm I guess I'm missing the joke, whereas we have an official patch note, nothing is added in-game... o_u what's the point?If the patch notes are the jokes, then /woosh me I don't get it.

We havent had anything in game since 2015 with the airplane thing so kinda late to get disapointed when its been like this for 3 years previously already aint it?

Mwelp thx for pointing this out, never played the 1st april apart in 2013-14-15, while reading the wiki I just assumed the notes were added in game for the following years..

@hugo.4705 said:

Mwelp thx for pointing this out, never played the 1st april apart in 2013-14-15, while reading the wiki I just assumed the notes were added in game for the following years..

Sadly it dident they got so scared by the airplain crash outrage ( I dident know about the plane crash how some people expect anet to know about it not being in the same part of the world amazes me, wasent it germany it happened? )That they put their head in the sand and started doing only fake balance patch notes on the forums.

There was a hijacked airplane that crashed and a number of people died, somewhere in Europe a week prior, and people from over there were outraged that ANet had a “disrespectful” April Fool’s joke where players ran around with their arms outstretched, playacting being an airplane. On the English forum, there was a multi page outrage thread and another multi page outrage thread on the other language forum. They forced ANet to apologize.

I’m not at all surprised that ANet stopped making in game April Fool’s joke after that. If you make some innocent joke and players dogpile on you and berate you for not taking into account something that happened a week before on the other side of the world and force an apology then why bother doing it again. Just make some safe, fake notes and call it a day.

Archived