Crafting Issue

Hello- I bought and used 2 Additional Crafting Licenses last week (last week of March 2019) I have 500 in Huntsman and Jewelry crafting. This week end I hit 500 on my leather work and started on Weaponsmith.

Here is the issue: I have Weaponsmith at 125 and cannot use Iron Ingots. I have crafted them and bought them from the trading post and I cannot "Discover Minor Sigil of Strength with Iron Ingot and Onyx Fragment". The iron ingot simply does not show in the discovery panel so I cannot advance this tradecraft any further.

Any help would be appreciated.

IGN: Sophie DupreeWorld: Ehmry Bay

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Do you have the required crafting materials:

Pile of Lucent CrystalOnyx FragmentSymbol of Enchancement

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Minor_Sigil_of_Strength

Probably I have 3 high level crafters (sorry at work) the issue is with the iron ingot, they do not show in my discovery panel even though I have at least 50 in my materials bank. I can see copper ingots if that helps at all. I can see other ingots I just can't use them due to being level 125.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Just curious...why would you want to craft that Sigil? It costs about 20? times more to craft it than to buy it on the TP.Regardless, it would probably be helpful if you post a screenshot when you are able.

I should be able to see and use iron ingots at level 125 right?

Take a screenshot of what exactly? My materials inventory showing the iron ingots and another one showing the absence of iron ingots in the discovery panel?

The bottom line is that I cannot progress any further. :anguished:

Thanks for the help though.

Looks like the guide your using is out-dated.If you check the wiki page linked in one of the earlier posts, you can clearly see that the current recipe of Minor Sigil of Strength doesn't use iron ingots at all. This would explain why you can't find the ingots in your discovery tab.

The rune/sigil rework from few months back would be a clear reason as to why your guide would have old information on it. As a suggestion it might be wise to look up an up to date guide, if you intend to continue on the pursuit of leveling up your crafting discipline.

@"Azertah.5804" said:Looks like the guide your using is out-dated.If you check the wiki page linked in one of the earlier posts, you can clearly see that the current recipe of Minor Sigil of Strength doesn't use iron ingots at all. This would explain why you can't find the ingots in your discovery tab.

The rune/sigil rework from few months back would be a clear reason as to why your guide would have old information on it. As a suggestion it might be wise to look up an up to date guide, if you intend to continue on the pursuit of leveling up your crafting discipline.

Yes I realize it's out of date, I really just use it as a guide for ideas. I am a come and go player. I started when the game came out and have been here off and on since then and have my hall of monuments portal etc.

Let's say that I am not using that guide, let's say I am trying to make this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Plated_Dowel if I can't see the iron ingots I can't make this item. All "known" recipes. like anything with bronze, are gray and won't/can't advance my skill.

Thanks for the help :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Have you tried using Iron Ingots in a recipe you've already discovered?Crafting materials won't show up in the Discovery Panel if you have already discovered all recipes that use them.

Excellent question! I don't know. I logged out at the Lily so as soon as I get home (2:30pm EDT) I will find out! Thanks Inculpatus!

Archived