Water Stance only useful with Sword? (Radius problem)

Azel.4786

So now that we got Signet of Restoration blocked due to the bug, I started playing with Water Stance and quickly realized something that might have already been discussed, but I have not seen it.

So Water Stance works a lot like Signet of Restoration, but it is even worse than I realized before, because the "heal on strike" emanates from the Target and with a 240 radius from it - meaning that unless you are standing up an personal (most likely with a sword), you won't receive any of the healing of the skill because you will probably me (or try to be) above 240 radius (besides sword, our lowest reach is Dagger with a 300 range).

This absolutely terrible - it should emanate from you (much preferable) or have a much better radius so that it is not just a "up close and personal" healing skill, but something that actually works reliably with other weapon sets.

The way it stands, I find it to be the worst healing skill we have.

Edit: what the kitten, I can select the signet but can't use it lol... was using ether renewal currently.

And yeah, the water stance heal is pretty terrible in every way, like the earth stance (but at least that can be somewhat useful in pve) and of course Unravel, the king of useless utilities. It doesn't really heal for more than signet on use, and the heal from attacks is also very low seeing as it's just a few attacks, not constant. Neven even tried it without sword but damn if it emanates from the target instead of you its really even worse than I already thought.

Yeah, these stances are so disappointing (I even add Weave Self to the list you made), the more I try to get something out of them the worst I realize they are.

Sigh, I am just going back to Tempest (which I abhor) finish my map completion / griffon hunt and let my ele rest in its corner of oblivion - I am tired of trying to make this work.

Yeah it’s possibly the worst heal for ele and I also include prayer to Dwayna and healing seed in that list.

They should make it so that it doesn’t heal allies anymore but instead heals you for every strike regardless of range with no ICD on strikes. Sort of like litany of wrath but a guaranteed basic amount healed on hit. See how that plays out and buff the on strike amount where needed or put a 1/2s ICD on it in case Scepter weaver ends up near immortal with plasma beam or staff ele ends up immortal during meteor etc.

@apharma.3741 said:Yeah it’s possibly the worst heal for ele and I also include prayer to Dwayna and healing seed in that list.

They should make it so that it doesn’t heal allies anymore but instead heals you for every strike regardless of range with no ICD on strikes. Sort of like litany of wrath but a guaranteed basic amount healed on hit. See how that plays out and buff the on strike amount where needed or put a 1/2s ICD on it in case Scepter weaver ends up near immortal with plasma beam or staff ele ends up immortal during meteor etc.

Agreed on the worst heal for ele, but not sure the suggestion is good either because then it becomes even more equal to Signet of Restoration

It would be nice if it could be changed to something that is not just a rehashed old skill, maybe something that grants endurance or reflects damage to the source ("be like water style").

I don't know.

Archived