April Fools Patch Notes

So, because we are gamers and thus a cult who will jump down the throats of those who think someone might not like certain aspects of a game, I'll go ahead and state the basics:

I've played GW since its inception at Prophecies, I love the series, I think Anet is a pretty solid MMO company and that GW2 is one of the most solid MMOs on the market despite its flaws. Blah blah blah, yaddah yaddah. Feel good statement of the year.

Ok! I just wanted to say, I've seen a lot of April Fools patch notes in GW's time. But not once did I actually feel like the April Fools patch notes would, if implemented, be some of the coolest features the game has to offer. I suppose a few parts of past patch notes sounded cool, but this time I felt a difference. This time, I felt like pretty much the entirety of the patch notes were solid. I'd even take the birds for them!

I seriously feel like those patch-notes would revitalise the game, and would add in some nice "role-playing" aspects to this MMO"RP"G.

Am I just going crazy? Or did other people read those and think "these aren't April Fools patch notes, these are legitimately good ideas".

Either the past patch notes have been uninspired of late, the lack of real patch notes (compared to GW1) has made me crave any change to the game, or they were actually really good ideas.

Am I going crazy? Am I just patch-note deprived and thus willing to take anything (even pure fantasy) with excitement? Or were they actually really cool to imagine going into GW2?

Archived