GW2WelcomeBack Week 2 has begun!

• ArenaNet Staff

We are into week two!

Last week was a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to seeing what this week brings. Clayton and I will be livestreaming a runthrough of Season 4, Episode 2 "A Bug in the System" tomorrow, probably with less players-getting-squashed but just as much absurdity and fun. Episode 2 will be available free in the gem store starting tomorrow, and some of our partners will be doing their own guides through Episode 2 content. You can find the schedule in the news post linked above along with links to wiki guides on everything about Episode 2 content.

A lot of our players jumped in with their own guides last week and it would be great to see that again! If you want to participate with your own guides or events, drop it in the Players Helping Players or In Game Events forum (include GW2WelcomeBack as part of the title) and/or tweet it at us (use the #GW2WelcomeBack hashtag) and we'll help share it with the rest of the community.

Thanks for joining us for week two!

• ArenaNet Staff

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Rubi, are other areas other than living world going to be involved in this ‘Welcome Back’ series?

Ie WvW, sPvP, raids, fractals?

Yup! We'll cover whatever content went out as part of that release. So for example, week one included a raid and a fractal. Our post included links to both of those, one of our partners did an 18-hour (!!!!) livestream profession guide for raiding livestream, and another partner did a Super Adventure Festival guide livestream since that happened to come out this week too.

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:probably with less players-getting-squashed

Do we expect as many developers going "sproing" into the wall?

The beauty of live-streaming:Anything can happen... and usually does.

More seriously: thanks for doing these. I think it's a fun way for people to reconnect with the game and for you guys to have some fun in Tyria, too.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 while i am not a partner, myself and several other streamers on both youtube and twitch have been doing active let's plays of each living world episode (i am twitch.tv/sin_of_anubis )my question is, when a official guild wars 2 stream is complete, is there ever the possibility of you hosting or raiding one of the other streams so that the ball keeps rolling? i might not want that for mine, but i know others might.

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:Was going to buy HoT + PoF for my alt but the promo code doesn't work anymore. Guess I will spend my money elsewhere. Next time maybe give us a heads up before a sale and let us know when it will end?

They did do that....last week. Heads up and ending date. Here in the forums, on the News Blog, and I'm sure it was on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I am not getting the point of this. Anyone can probably watch a recording of a play through on You Tube, of all story + LW. Not sure how this supposed to attract back players. Maybe show them the new mounts or PvP.

I know this negative, but this seems highly redundant with little value.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@Elementalist Owner.7802 said:Was going to buy HoT + PoF for my alt but the promo code doesn't work anymore. Guess I will spend my money elsewhere. Next time maybe give us a heads up before a sale and let us know when it will end?

They did do that....last week. Heads up and ending date. Here in the forums, on the News Blog, and I'm sure it was on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

The majority of the playerbase does not check the forums or follow ANet on social media. In the news blog where they announced the promotion, that information is hidden in fine print, below an entire page of shit that nobody reads, such as their streaming schedule and a list of random articles.

Because they hid this information, I (and likely many others) had assumed the promotion would last until the #GW2WelcomeBack campaign ends. All they had to do was include this information in the section where the announcement was made, not in legal fine print for some strange reason.

@otto.5684 said:I am not getting the point of this. Anyone can probably watch a recording of a play through on You Tube, of all story + LW. Not sure how this supposed to attract back players. Maybe show them the new mounts or PvP.

They would be attracting players back great deal, if they would start to engage in discussions with them, and post their future plans on regular basis. So here is a plan:

1. Make a few announcements on what will be added in next 1-2 years, a general direction

2. Announce that they will be evaluating players' feedback regarding different aspects of those future plans starting this moment, by adding weekly polls which only are accessible from inside the game, by active (regularly played) non-ftp accounts.

Here you go.

• ArenaNet Staff

@hugo.4705 said:Yeah my favourite episode, impatient to see the stream! Btw is it normal that the same video has been published twice on youtube? Daybreak ones are different, ABITS ones have the same length...

That particular in-game cinematic looks different depending on whether you trigger it during daytime or nighttime, so we uploaded them both.

@blackheartgary.8605 said:@Rubi Bayer.8493 while i am not a partner, myself and several other streamers on both youtube and twitch have been doing active let's plays of each living world episode (i am twitch.tv/sin_of_anubis )my question is, when a official guild wars 2 stream is complete, is there ever the possibility of you hosting or raiding one of the other streams so that the ball keeps rolling? i might not want that for mine, but i know others might.

I can chat with the team about that. In the meantime, tweet your streams @ GuildWars2. I try to retweet some as they come across my feed and they fit into our schedule!

Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to make the info more prominent for future things.

@otto.5684 said:I am not getting the point of this. Anyone can probably watch a recording of a play through on You Tube, of all story + LW. Not sure how this supposed to attract back players. Maybe show them the new mounts or PvP.

It's going pretty well and we've heard feedback from players who have found it really helpful, but if for some weird reason it all stopped today and every single person decided this was highly redundant with little value: we had a bunch of fun, gave away some free episodes in the gem store for players who missed them the first time around, and encouraged those members of our community who enjoy helping others. If that is our worst case, I'm thrilled!

Archived