Issues with new SAB achievements

To be specific, Master of Coins, World 2, Zone 3. This race requires some preparations before you can make it - two puzzles, killing enemies to make it easier for you, and of course Choya is in the middle of this level so you also waste your time reaching him. The problem is, on race track you have to activate some checkpoints, and if you die while doing this race, you are teleported to them, which sucks, because there is no way going back to Choya from this checkpoints and you have to start whole level and repeat everything.. And I know I could use option to reset race, but it doesn't work for me, when I die, race is canceled. Am I missing something here? I doubt it should work like this.

I don't think you are missing anything, this cheeve does require preparation and includes a risk of failure. I think this is fine and actually quite SAB-appropriate, but opinions will vary . . .

It sounds like you've got a good handle on what is required but I'll go over what worked for me in case any of it is helpful. First off, stock up on health potions and don't use any of them until you are past the first checkpoint after the choya (the point of no return). The problem you are encountering is AFTER you die, you cannot reset the race and get back to the choya, so save your health potions until you reach that point where dying is no longer an option . . .

Next, start the race and go through the course slowly, killing every enemy and clearing every barrel you come across, even if they don't seem like they are in the way. Once you've done that, you can reset the race and do your actual race run where you only need to worry about picking up the coins and not falling off, since there will be no enemies left to kill you. You will have solved the puzzles on the first run and they will stay solved so you don't have to deal with them on your 'official' run. Once you get the sixth (I think?) coin you actually want to fall off and get ported to the checkpoint with the seventh coin, which saves you a lot of time . . .

Glhf :)

Archived