"Guild Wars 2: Wave of Shadow" fansite

@"Glider.5792" said:This has been posted around an hour ago on reddit, but it was deleted by mods cause.. idk why...guildwars2.waveofshadow.com/#buyTo make it clear, its april fools prank attempt ofcourse, however the person that made it made a realy amazing job designing this page.Soo, huge props to the creator!!

Love the flavor text at the bottom, under the copyright blah blah.

• Like 1

You know, even if it was an entirely underwater and water focused expansion, I'd have still nabbed it in a jiffy, even if that website essentially showcase Nothing. It is a very well made joke, one that actually rings painfully true to someone who desire another expansion. The way it was presented makes me desire it... Even if by all accounts, the subject should not make me want it, that's one of the most clever april fool's joke I've ever seen

@Glider.5792 said:This has been posted around an hour ago on reddit, but it was deleted by mods cause.. idk why...

Advertising content of the game that does not exist. Offering an option to buy that expansion (does not matter that it does not work). The unauthorized use of trademarks, official property of ANet. Modifying logos. Linking to real existing content, making the visitor believe it is part of the real thing. Pretending to be created by ANet. Violation of copyright protection in several cases. ... etc.

Humor and fun is ok. April Fools jokes are nice. But this thing is wrong on so many levels. The page violates a lot of laws and rules. It looks awesome, but I think they have crossed the line ... by a few miles.

I am sorry to be the boring fart here, but there are a few things you just can not do.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Humor and fun is ok. April Fools jokes are nice. But this thing is wrong on so many levels. The page violates a lot of laws and rules. It looks awesome, but I think they have crossed the line ... by a few miles.Nope, it's not an issue if used for parody/joke matter. And IP laws are most of the time bs nobody in their sane state of mind really respects anyway, deal with it.

@jwaz.1908 said:Literally everything I would want from expac 3. (Well cept Tengu and playerhousing xD)

Water World expac would be nice ofc, but only if they would completely rework underwater combat first. It's rather dull atm, lacks its unique feel, you don't really feel like you are in totally different environment with its own laws, except you can move in all directions (what, on itself, makes little difference anyway).