Nerf skills that make staff OP on large hitboxes, not ones that make it average on small hitboxes.

Shaman.2034

As has been tested, staff weaver benchmarks seem pretty high. People are discussing possible ways of nerfing it, but no one's identified and proposed these yet:Ice Storm accounts for roughly one-eighth of staff weaver's large hitbox DPS. 12-13%. Nerf Ice Storm again instead of forcing staff to only work on large hitboxes.I propose changing Ice Storm to a rain of healing instead of damage, turning Frost Bow into the healing/CC weapon it should be.This would lower staff weaver to 40k DPS on large hitboxes with no effect on its small hitbox DPS.Change Meteor Shower to a 10-target pulsing AoE. This normalizes its damage across all hitboxes and eliminates RNG. Elementalist already has "storm" skills that are just pulsing AoEs with falling particle effects. The feel of the skill can be preserved while moving it to a healthier state of balance.If staff receives more nerfs, especially to skills other than Ice Storm and Meteor Shower, its small hitbox DPS suffers dramatically. Large hitbox DPS is only barely relevant to PvE, and not at all relevant in PvP formats, so staff should not be balanced around that; it should be normalized and incorporated into the rest of the build pool as a viable weapon in general.

Mate, how about you try the spec first? Hitting the golem isn't the same as hitting an actual boss. That it is theoretically possible to achieve higher dps, by sacrificing everything else for it and having your whole team support you, doesn't mean your average pug dps would fare any better on a weaver than on any other dps class. The gameplay is very punishing and if you can't skip/distort mechanics reliably you'll be nowhere near "OP". Geez. There's one good power build in the game, let's ruin it. Because one is one too many, right?

Honestly I really can't understand a nerf to staff weaver since only a very, very, small percentage of people playing weaver will archieve these numbers on a real raid scenario. (I pretty sure a lot of people can't even reach the benchmark on golem).I mean it is way harder to play than staff tempest and provide less utility while also being more squishy.I would instead buff other hard to play build, like condi engie, since it has more or less the same difficult but like 15k dps difference in benchmark.

And also power sword weaver need desperately some love...

@Feanor.2358 said:Mate, how about you try the spec first? Hitting the golem isn't the same as hitting an actual boss. That it is theoretically possible to achieve higher dps, by sacrificing everything else for it and having your whole team support you, doesn't mean your average pug dps would fare any better on a weaver than on any other dps class. The gameplay is very punishing and if you can't skip/distort mechanics reliably you'll be nowhere near "OP". Geez. There's one good power build in the game, let's ruin it. Because one is one too many, right?

This is very true.

Those huge numbers you see on large hitbox benchmarks are really unrealistic. Unless your whole party is focused around enabling you to do that, and the fight you're doing also allows it, you're not going to pull those numbers. You're going to do okay, but you're not going to be approaching 48k DPS.

I think the average Weaver would be best suited going for a condi build, actually. You can see a good benchmark for a dagger/focus condi Weaver here:

It's much less reliant on execution and group support and does really respectable DPS on any size hitbox. I know those gigantic staff numbers are tempting, and maybe even a little scary ("oh god we're going to get nerfed into oblivion!"), but the truth is that doing damage like that isn't realistic for the majority of players, even the majority of players who raid. Nerfing staff because of that would just make it unusable for the average player.

@Feanor.2358 said:Mate, how about you try the spec first? Hitting the golem isn't the same as hitting an actual boss. That it is theoretically possible to achieve higher dps, by sacrificing everything else for it and having your whole team support you, doesn't mean your average pug dps would fare any better on a weaver than on any other dps class. The gameplay is very punishing and if you can't skip/distort mechanics reliably you'll be nowhere near "OP". Geez. There's one good power build in the game, let's ruin it. Because one is one too many, right?

Feanor this is what i been trying to get at with balancing in GW2 and why raids are bad balancing for gw2. Its like the old zerk meta where every one went all in and that was seen as "good builds" because mobs never hit back. Raids are a bit more every one takes dmg but the dps races is the same. Golems are effectively bosses that simply do not move and that IS balancing of raids. Its just in raids you need to work out in what way the golem brick boss will move to max out your dps.

This kill all other game types for ppl even open world pve.

Feanor you did this to your self is all i can say at this point to you.

Any way raid balancing in GW2 is going to be the death of this game becuse MOST effects in gw2 do not work with raids at all. Its out right silly what use they forces skills into to get some type of effect in raids such as slow eating away at brake bars when it should be SLOWING the mobs attks. Or unblock-able being added to very strong hitting effects that only hit harder to put the class in line with other classes dps with out any after though of unblock-able attks hitting super hard and super fast.

So no staff is the AOE wepon in gw2 both dmg and support if you take this big aoe effects away your only killing ele chose of play and not helping balancing one bit.

If this keeps up staff will lose all of its dmg become a pure support healing wepon and scpter will simply be the end all be all dmg wepon for the ele class. Lets remove the dmg from fire ball make it an aoe might and blast. Metor no longer dose high dmg just enofe to make you take retal and other effects but now it weakens players and gives out might. Lavafant no longer dose high dmg its just a field that makes you immune to chills and is a fire field. THAT all the real dmg skills on staff and your aoe. If you turly wish this on ele please just ask for deleting the class because its a shame of what it use to be the "mages" class that it use to be in GW2 to start with or even GW1. Over all basteration of pve and pvp at this point with these raids.

I suggest to we do this for all wepon types of class lets make them PURE weapons in that they will have one target goal dmg tankly or support and nothing in-between.

First, it’s okay to have something with better DPS than another thing, particularly if it offers no utility at all. Second, raids are a tiny fraction of PvE, so don’t screw up the rest of the game over some idiot’s golem numbers. Third, staff is weak against anything that isn’t too dumb to walk out of the AOEs, immobile, and/or large.

No nerfs are needed. If anything, and assuming all the community ever analyze is large-hitbox golem numbers with full raid meta support (big mistake, but it seems most wcan’t get past it), just stop making large hitbox raid bosses and the issue goes away. Staff instantly becomes unwanted, but that’d at least stop the misguided nerf demands.

@Jski.6180 said:

Feanor this is what i been trying to get at with balancing in GW2 and why raids are bad balancing for gw2.

You're completely missing my point. Nobody calls for nerfs because of raids. If anything, the calls are made because these people have not raided with a Weaver. Your usual anti-raid rant I'll just skip.

Issue resolve apply a ele nerf when entering raid rather than nerf the entire game. Nerfs in pve effect wvw. And when not enough people complain about the nerf or demand another skill to be buff to allow another option. Just add a buff in boss raids to take less damage from certain attacks or meh.

@Waisenpai.6028 said:Issue resolve apply a ele nerf when entering raid rather than nerf the entire game. Nerfs in pve effect wvw. And when not enough people complain about the nerf or demand another skill to be buff to allow another option. Just add a buff in boss raids to take less damage from certain attacks or meh.

Every one but raids would love to see that and realty that most of GW2.

Anytime someone wants a nerf for ele, ele always get shafted in pvp...... Staff isn't even that great from a pvp perspective. PvE Nerfs account for WvW too it seems, so eles will be stuck back into the 'your only decent build is healing me.' Ele does not need a nerf, infact leave ele alone. Staff does need a rework, one that makes it better for pvp purposes. meteor and air #2 casting skills need a .2 second speed up imo.

@Chasind.3128 said:Anytime someone wants a nerf for ele, ele always get shafted in pvp...... Staff isn't even that great from a pvp perspective. PvE Nerfs account for WvW too it seems, so eles will be stuck back into the 'your only decent build is healing me.' Ele does not need a nerf, infact leave ele alone. Staff does need a rework, one that makes it better for pvp purposes. meteor and air #2 casting skills need a .2 second speed up imo.

Dear ANET,

Please don't leave ele alone, either fix it or just kill it out of mercy.

Thank you.

@Azel.4786 said:

@Chasind.3128 said:Anytime someone wants a nerf for ele, ele always get shafted in pvp...... Staff isn't even that great from a pvp perspective. PvE Nerfs account for WvW too it seems, so eles will be stuck back into the '
your only decent build is healing me.
' Ele does not need a nerf, infact leave ele alone. Staff
does
need a rework, one that makes it better for pvp purposes. meteor and air #2 casting skills need a .2 second speed up imo.

Dear ANET,

Please don't leave ele alone, either fix it or just kill it out of mercy.

Thank you.

I did not realize this but Signet of restoration was cut off and there no eta. or even talk here about it or when its coming back. At this point for the sake of diligently anet needs to kill off ele. Because at this point Anet is doing things to the ele class and hiding it from the ele community.

You people are really overreacting to the benchmark that staff weaver has. There's no way in hell you will ever hit those numbers on an actual raid boss. There are mechanics that will interrupt your casts by CCing you or forcing you to dodge. Bosses can move out of your AoE's, and if that happens, bye bye dps. This golem literally does nothing but stand there and take a beating, that is its purpose. Raid bosses will attack and try to kill you, which isn't hard considering ele is the squishiest class in the game. Before you judge a class by its benchmark, try and play it yourself, I can guarantee you will never hit those numbers in a real raid scenario. I'm an ele main of 5 years, and I could never hit those numbers and I raid with my ele all the time.

"Weaver is not that great in an actual raid and is quite lackluster compared to Tempest with the exception of a few bosses." This is a direct quote from qT themselves on their website.

Archived