Future change to Raid Reward Delivery — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Future change to Raid Reward Delivery

Hey folks,

With the next raid release, I've made a change that will move raid rewards out of the Boss Statue world-chest and into a bouncy chest that will be delivered when a boss encounter is successfully completed. This is to ensure that people who disconnect or otherwise leave an instance without interacting with said chest will still receive their rewards. The chests themselves will still appear, and there will still be some loot on them (in the form of unidentified gear) but all the rewards you'd normally expect to see in that chest have been relocated to the bouncy chest.

Thanks!

.b

Bee before dog.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Great quality of life change! Happened to me several times already that I get a random DC because of third world Internet wiring

• finally, my First Thumbs up :)

• courin.2314courin.2314 Member ✭✭

This deserves a reward!!

• Great change!
    Btw, is the loot from events like Spirit Woods and Twisted Castle included?

Joko lies, Balthazar don't.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Byron Miller.4629 said:
    Hey folks,

With the next raid release, I've made a change that will move raid rewards out of the Boss Statue world-chest and into a bouncy chest that will be delivered when a boss encounter is successfully completed. This is to ensure that people who disconnect or otherwise leave an instance without interacting with said chest will still receive their rewards. The chests themselves will still appear, and there will still be some loot on them (in the form of unidentified gear) but all the rewards you'd normally expect to see in that chest have been relocated to the bouncy chest.

Thanks!

.b

Same thing for fractals?

• Dreggon.6598Dreggon.6598 Member ✭✭

Good change. Could the portable magnetite vendor also be updated to allow us to sell unwanted wing 5/6 minis to it? Right now you can't, since they cost gaeting crystals.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

Love it. Thank you.

• Can this change also be implemented with fractals too?

• Kameko.8314Kameko.8314 Member ✭✭
    edited April 4, 2019

When will the loot change... To something worth playing for please. Right now it isnmt that great and I think it could be better to boost the hype for raids.

Especially CMs and their dofficulty. Should be also more encouragement for them . Because 1 time get it? Got my achievement next time I do it... Here is you unid and low chance of ascended rip

• thrag.9740thrag.9740 Member ✭✭✭

plx let us sell wing5/6/7 minis to our portable dhuum cm reward vendor

• Lubat.8516Lubat.8516 Member ✭✭

This has happened to me several times. Thank you!

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:
    Ahh for a second I’d hoped it might somehow be related to making legendary armor with unique skins more attainable for everyone some way or another

Why?

• Neural.1824Neural.1824 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not into raiding, but this sort of QoL change is what I'd like to see more often in various game modes. Great work!

Soul-binding needs to be allowed to die gracefully. It has expired. It is long past it's time to become a footnote in the history of gaming.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the communication and a good qol feature added when ever it gets into the game.

• Would be nice if this worked on every boss encounter (fractals and open-world) too :)

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

• Tiviana.2650Tiviana.2650 Member ✭✭✭

@BatelGeuce.3591 said:
    Would be nice if this worked on every boss encounter (fractals and open-world) too :)

I agree i have missed being able to pickup loot in fract and world bosses.

• Zedd.8239Zedd.8239 Member
    edited April 4, 2019

@Fenom.9457 said:

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW. The skins aren't as fancy but it's functionally exactly the same as the raid legendary armor. I've personally changed the appearance of my WvW legendary armor to something else since I care more about the stat changing and easy rune/infusion swapping.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor. The downside is it takes a minimum of 21 weeks to make. But hey, you'll never have to craft armor for the character you make it for ever again. =)

• @Fenom.9457 said:

Are you asking for the specific skins or the stat/upgrade swap? Or both?

Zedd already covered the other options for the stats swap. I don't think Anet will suddenly change "legendary raid skin from doing raids" to "legendary raid skin from doing arbitrary stuff outside raids." In the same fashion Ad Infinitum will stay locked behind fractals and Aurora will stay locked behind LS season 3.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

I wasnt making myself clear. Why are you hoping for that? All other "locked" rewards are fine but this one isnt?

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2019

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW.

So, basically, same as with raids, through content that a vast majority of players simply do not play.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor.

The proble is with the "decent" part. It is indeed an alternative, but for most players it's exactly as unappealing as the original method.

So, while it is nice for WvW players, it doesn't really help with the issue for most of the PvE ones.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

If legendary armor is something you want and don't want to raid, you can obtain it through PvP or WvW.

So, basically, same as with raids, through content that a vast majority of players simply do not play.

Of course, this is a problem if you don't like PvP or WvW. Still, it's a decent alternative if you aren't into raiding and just want the functionality of legendary armor.

The proble is with the "decent" part. It is indeed an alternative, but for most players it's exactly as unappealing as the original method.

So, while it is nice for WvW players, it doesn't really help with the issue for most of the PvE ones.

Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they don't raid or wvw?

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why exactly one needs legendary armor if they do raid or wvw?

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

To have convenience to change start on go

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Well, there you have your answer.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Well, there you have your answer.

And if you dont raid or wvw what do you need to change your stats for?

edited April 5, 2019

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Zedd.8239 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

For legendary weapon i need to do openworld, for griffon i need openworld, for warcraw i need wvw. For backpack fractaks or wvw.

For armor you need raids or wvw or pvp. Yes you can buy weapons for gold but you can do the same with armor.

Oh and i do need legendary armor because I use 7 diferent stat combinations not to mention 8 diferent runes and infusions. Just weapons and trinkets take 70 slots in my inventory so there wouldnt be enough space for another 7 sets

Edit: And also if you dont need it and we dont need it then there is no reason for anet to dedicate recourses to change that

• It seems this thread is under the "Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids" section, so maybe the people asking for stat swap on gear that's obtained outside of "Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids" should start a thread in that respective forum? :)

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Zedd already covered the other options for the stats swap. I don't think Anet will suddenly change "legendary raid skin from doing raids" to "legendary raid skin from doing arbitrary stuff outside raids." In the same fashion Ad Infinitum will stay locked behind fractals and Aurora will stay locked behind LS season 3.

Skins. It can be extremely hard content from comepitive or fractals or a ton of grinding in PvE. I’d just love to have all legendary gear (in appearance too). It needn’t be as prestigious as the raid version, but I wish there was something

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

I wasnt making myself clear. Why are you hoping for that? All other "locked" rewards are fine but this one isnt?

The other locked rewards are behind content that is far more accessible, it’s much easier to play alone or find a nicer group that to lose lots of time with raids. What I mean is not that the process of getting the skins should be easier, but the process of getting started. Finding 4 for fractals or jumping straight into PvP, WvW, or General PvE is easier and less stressful. I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

The other locked rewards are behind content that is far more accessible, it’s much easier to play alone or find a nicer group that to lose lots of time with raids. What I mean is not that the process of getting the skins should be easier, but the process of getting started. Finding 4 for fractals or jumping straight into PvP, WvW, or General PvE is easier and less stressful. I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

Anet has somewhat recognized this as an actual issue in the past (regardless of the very strong feelings of the regular raiders), but they don't have any foreseeable solution either - grouping up for raids is innately hard for a variety of reasons, including but not only having to find 10 people to group with.

I think the raiders also grossly underestimate how much people who play other modes actually value collecting skins, specially such unique ones that have on/off combat modes, no matter (again, people usually have a problem with considering their personal feelings to be the rule) if the armor is ugly or not to any raider personally. No, stat swapping is not enough, some people do want the skins - and yes, as a regular raider with legendary armors I can safely say by now it is much harder to group with people in raids than it is for any other mode, even though the content is not much harder than even T4 Fractals (actually easier in many cases).

The only possible point I can see is not clear cut on this issue is whether or not Anet can/should do anything about it. In my humble opinion, the social part of raids is an integral part of raiding. The minutes you spend with your teammates in the locker room before a sports match might not be called "doing a sport" but you can be sure it's an important part of it that you will remember. Anything Anet does to streamline the process and negate the social aspect of grouping with other people for raids, is going to likely be detrimental to the core experience of raiding in itself. Raids without socializing, even if socializing with pugs while waiting the LFG, is just a fancy boss rush mode where everyone has to rehearse their role. I'd much rather (like it seems you would be OK with) that they release more unique skins with toggle combat transformations for the other modes. This is something they said they would not do, but things change and who knows...

• @Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Skins. It can be extremely hard content from comepitive or fractals or a ton of grinding in PvE.

The Raid specific skin should stay raid locked just as Ad Infinitum should stay fractal locked and Aurora should stay Season 3 locked. Those rewards are intertwined with their respective content and related collection steps. Perhaps a new set with a new look could be locked behind content other than PvP, WvW, Raids, and Fractals.

It needn’t be as prestigious as the raid version

I can't tell you what to think, but trust me when I say very few people think the raid specific look is prestigious, much less the process of acquisition.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

[...] I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

I like this idea, but I don't think this forum is going to gain the traction for such an ask. Although, what truly worries me about a new type of legendary armor is the extremely monotonous and time gated tasks it'll require, similar to Aurora and the Diviner's jewel.

@Linken.6345 said:
    And if you dont raid or wvw what do you need to change your stats for?

The same reason as anyone else - to use a different build. Seriously, raids and WvW do not have monopoly on this.

@Awesumness.1823 said:
    It seems this thread is under the "Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids" section, so maybe the people asking for stat swap on gear that's obtained outside of "Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids" should start a thread in that respective forum? :)

There were several such threads. All were moved to raids subforum for some reason, however.

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Skins. It can be extremely hard content from comepitive or fractals or a ton of grinding in PvE.

The Raid specific skin should stay raid locked just as Ad Infinitum should stay fractal locked and Aurora should stay Season 3 locked. Those rewards are intertwined with their respective content and related collection steps. Perhaps a new set with a new look could be locked behind content other than PvP, WvW, Raids, and Fractals.

I can't tell you what to think, but trust me when I say very few people think the raid specific look is prestigious, much less the process of acquisition.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

[...] I just want an armor set with uniquely legendary skins obtainable anywhere besides raids

I like this idea, but I don't think this forum is going to gain the traction for such an ask. Although, what truly worries me about a new type of legendary armor is the extremely monotonous and time gated tasks it'll require, similar to Aurora and the Diviner's jewel.

Yes just to be clear, I am not asking for the raid set to be obtainable anywhere else, a new set associated with some other content is what I’d like. Something more accessible than raids but still very hard to acquire since it’s legendary. Maybe a time commitment rather than the hardest content in game? Grinding over beating top of the line tough stuff less times?

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

For me vriffon is locked behind extremly hard content because i am falling asleep after 5 minutes in open world. There is no other way to get it.
    On the other hand you can BUY legendary armor from other players just as you can buy legendary weapon on trading post. Instead of searching in trading post you search in lfg.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

For me vriffon is locked behind extremly hard content because i am falling asleep after 5 minutes in open world. There is no other way to get it.
    On the other hand you can BUY legendary armor from other players just as you can buy legendary weapon on trading post. Instead of searching in trading post you search in lfg.

I supposed that’s true, but it costs far more, and you can’t quite straight up buy it, there’s more to it. I do understand what you’re saying about the griffon, but each piece of content is easier than raid fights at least.

That's not entirely true, you know. You can't straight out buy crystalline heart for cairn, for example. If you won't put some work into it yourself, you will never get it no matter how high you will pay. Same with Mursaat and Deimos - these may be easier than Cairn's, but still not something that can be obtained by gold alone.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

Yes just to be clear, I am not asking for the raid set to be obtainable anywhere else, a new set associated with some other content is what I’d like. Something more accessible than raids but still very hard to acquire since it’s legendary. Maybe a time commitment rather than the hardest content in game? Grinding over beating top of the line tough stuff less times?

Wvw armor is already the grinding legendary armor set over beating the top of the line tough go get it.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

That's not entirely true, you know. You can't straight out buy crystalline heart for cairn, for example. If you won't put some work into it yourself, you will never get it no matter how high you will pay. Same with Mursaat and Deimos - these may be easier than Cairn's, but still not something that can be obtained by gold alone.

Only problem is cairn rest can be easily bought. And even cairn is relatively easy when you are doing nothing else. Certainly easier then some fractal challanges required for backpack

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

Wvw armor is already the grinding legendary armor set over beating the top of the line tough go get it.

I would, but the skins look the same as ascended correct? So if I do so in the interest of (visually as well as functionally) getting all legendary gear, that wouldn’t work. Am I wrong about the skins being ascended too?

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

I would, but the skins look the same as ascended correct? So if I do so in the interest of (visually as well as functionally) getting all legendary gear, that wouldn’t work. Am I wrong about the skins being ascended too?

Yea you can upgrade the ascended to legendary.
    Since you can reskin them the new set they release dont have to be legendary just get a set you like and redo the wvw legendary if you dont like the look of it.

I could craft all 3 of the raid ones if I bothered grinding the provisoner tokens.
    But Im going after the 2k wvw one since I like the skin.

• Awesumness.1823Awesumness.1823 Member ✭✭
    edited April 6, 2019

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

It sounds like you want armor that looks unique and "legendary" but the only skin that meets these requirements is the raid armor because... it transforms? WvW has the tendrils which look pretty unique.

And the convenience of stat swap is not as important because you'd already have WvW or PvP armor?

While not gw2e is not 100% accurate, it's interesting to see Requeim Plate and Perfected Envoy Breastplate are both at ~3.44% unlock rate while Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Raiment is only 1.04%.

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

It sounds like you want armor that looks unique and "legendary" but the only skin that meets these requirements is the raid armor because... it transforms? WvW has the tendrils which look pretty unique.

And the convenience of stat swap is not as important because you'd already have WvW or PvP armor?

While not gw2e is not 100% accurate, it's interesting to see Requeim Plate and Perfected Envoy Breastplate are both at ~3.44% unlock rate while Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Raiment is only 1.04%.

Yes, that's exactly what I want, is a specifically legendary skin. The same way that, if you could upgrade ascended weapons to legendary more easily than craft an existing legendary weapon, I'd still make the weapons with uniquely legendary skins. I did notice the chest piece for the WvW armor is unique, and have thought about making it. Unfortunately, the rest of the set is the same as ascended. But, maybe I've overestimated how prestigious a skin is based off just its rarity. I already have the full requiem set for my main, and that's just as rare? Perhaps I have all the prestige I need (plus requiem is a bit cooler, yes?)

@Astralporing.1957 said:

Only problem is cairn rest can be easily bought.

I didn't say they weren't easy. Only that they can't really be straight out bought, because they do need you to play through the encounter without dying. So, no, it's not comparable to buying a legendary weapon off TP.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Awesumness.1823 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:

Why?

Always hopeful

WvW/PvP legendary (ascended precursors) have own unique skins
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ardent_Glorious_armor
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Hero's_armor

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

I didn't say they weren't easy. Only that they can't really be straight out bought, because they do need you to play through the encounter without dying. So, no, it's not comparable to buying a legendary weapon off TP.

I thought the problem with legendary armor was difficulty.
    Yesterday i finished first precursor for legendary ring. Havent done it for a long time and one of the reasons was that I need griffon for the last part. I didnt want to buy and more importantly run in open world more that was nececary so I payed someone to port me. Still I had to be there. Same concept

edited April 7, 2019

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Astralporing.1957 said:

I thought the problem with legendary armor was difficulty.
    Yesterday i finished first precursor for legendary ring. Havent done it for a long time and one of the reasons was that I need griffon for the last part. I didnt want to buy and more importantly run in open world more that was nececary so I payed someone to port me. Still I had to be there. Same concept

Well, anyone can get ported to a spot and press f. There are however people that will never get cairn heart, because their skill is just that low. There are also people that can't survive deimos and even have real trouble staying alive at mursaat. It's not theoretical - i have met such people before. You'd be surprised how enormous the skill difference between the top and the bottom is in this game.
    Also, if you think 250g (+ a few g for porting) is somehow as hard to get as the thousands of gold you'd need for buying legendary armor...
    Hint: most people will never even come close to being able to afford buying envoy set, no matter how long they'll play. Thus, it is a fake argument that is applicable to so few people that this way could as well not exist. And the people saying "but you can buy it" are perfectly aware of it.

• Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

You should delete Deimos from your list because you can easily protect players there. If they are staying in the mid, don't move and you get the needed buffs it's impossible to die. A raid selling guild will be able to babysit that without problems. Additionally stepping out of MO spears also is more than doable for buyers. All you need to do there is to avoid them and stack one time for the bubble.
    Cairn is a problem, yes but something that can be trained and kinda bypassed by using a class with a low cd teleport for example druid with staff 3. Everything else can be protected again by the sellers. In the past my weekly raid squad gifted the achievement to numerous players. Sure, you need some tries but I've yet to see a player constantly failing this.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.