Soulbeast & Beastmastery (Loud Whistle)

Diak Atoli.2085

Can anyone tell me if the Beastmastery minor trait Loud Whistle works as described while in Beast mode? From what I've observed, I believe it does, but I would like second opinions.

Also, could someone better than I test a Marksmanship/Beastmastery/Soulbeast build for DPS? ;) With all the damage modifiers, it seems like it would do very well.

Loud Whistle appears to reduce the CDs if that's the trait I'm thinking of, but it's a cold day in hell when I drop beast mastery, so I'm not positive that they're not just naturally that low...

And idk about the dps of marks/BM/Soulbeast in PvP, but it certainly has a lot of burst potential in PvP, and is quite fun there.

@Durzlla.6295 said:Loud Whistle appears to reduce the CDs if that's the trait I'm thinking of, but it's a cold day in hell when I drop beast mastery, so I'm not positive that they're not just naturally that low...

And idk about the dps of marks/BM/Soulbeast in PvP, but it certainly has a lot of burst potential in PvP, and is quite fun there.

Doesn't reduce beastmode skills. It obviously should.Haven't tested the damage modifier. But it should obviously do that aswell.

• 3 months later...

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:Loud Whistle appears to reduce the CDs if that's the trait I'm thinking of, but it's a cold day in hell when I drop beast mastery, so I'm not positive that they're not just naturally that low...

Doesn't reduce beastmode skills. It obviously
should
.Haven't tested the damage modifier. But it should obviously do that
aswell

Don't know if any answered already cause I didn't scroll all the way down to look at comments. Loud whistle doesn't work on player while in BM. I WISH it did. I don't know why it doesn't honestly or at least get a portion of the trait for players. I've tried mm;sb; BM combo you'd do well with skirmishing imo cause works well with Soulbeast. But MM trait line does give you good survivability burst cause of auto lesser stone form option. Preference.

@AEFA.9035 said:

should
aswell

Don't know if any answered already cause I didn't scroll all the way down to look at comments. Loud whistle doesn't work on player while in BM. I WISH it did. I don't know why it doesn't honestly or at least get a portion of the trait for players. I've tried mm;sb; BM combo you'd do well with skirmishing imo cause works well with Soulbeast. But MM trait line does give you good survivability burst cause of auto lesser stone form option. Preference.

Could you elaborate on how using skirmish with soulbeast works well?

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

should
aswell

I can chime in here, if that's ok. Skirmishing is great in general. I don't think there's a useless trait in the bunch.

For Soulbeast, the base synergy comes from Fury. Furious Strength + Furious Grip. After that it depends on what sort of build you're running.

Condi SB builds work pretty much the same way as core ranger. Sharpened Edges/Trapper's Expertise, Hidden Barbs, and LoYF/Quick Draw; Depending on weapon and utility choice. Then you take Predator's Cunning in SB for more dps and sustain.

Power SB build can take Sharpened Edges (dmg) or Primal Reflexes (Vigor), everyone likes Spotter, and then Vicious Quarry is more fury and upgraded fury. (it's good) And if you run sword, you can take Strider's Defense + SB's Essence of Speed to keep your boons up.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

should
aswell

Vicious quarry and furious strength. I use sword so works well with my playstyle.

Archived