If BLC weapon skins were instead sold for Gems, how much would you be willing to pay for them?

Say, hypothetically, that loot boxes were outlawed in the USA, forcing ArenaNet to remove the Black Lion Chests from Guild Wars 2; and that, in order to not throw those weapon skins away, ArenaNet decided to sell them directly on the Gem Store; and that ArenaNet decided it would be better to sell those as full sets only (for example, the Desert King weapon set, the Phoenix weapon set, etc), instead of selling weapon skin by weapon skin.

How much would you be willing to pay, in Gems, for a full set of 16 weapon skins?

600 hens each is about fair (would prefer 400 or 500), but they’d also have to be available individually (or, to avoid flooding the store with listings, a pass that lets you choose one) because spending 9000 gems in one sitting, much less one item, is insane

Yeah just to be fair im all for 1200 to 2000 and if they sold them singly 200 to 400 gems per skin price. It seems fair considering they have to design, test per race, and so forth. Anything after that im not paying for since most gem store skins really need to be 400 gems max for a skin luxury good. That and ANets pricing is horrible to get people to buy cosmetic things anyway. 700 gems on most things is laughable if you want people to impulse buy a one time item skins that they have produced. The newest backpack glider being a exception since its actually two things so a 350 to 350 is a reasonable amount. 400 gems seems like the sweet spot for people

If we compare actual prices atm, the new sets costs around 600-800g, older rares sets (like chaos, dreamthistle) costs thousands, like 2000-6000g and returning sets which become uncommon drops from blc cost around 200-400g. Due to these numbers I think the fair price for full sets would be 2000 gems, since thats translates to roughly the same amount as current new sets.1600gems would probably be best, and 200-300gems for a single ticket, so that people can have a choice of getting one at higher price, or getting all of the at alot cheaper.

I think 450-700 gems for a ticket to choose any one skin seems fair.To buy the whole bundle would cost well over 4000 gems.I have terrible luck, <10% drop rate of scraps (given 25-33% should be normal from what i hear).So i would be in favour of just outright buying a skin. For me it would take 10-25 chests pet scrap, so 100-250 chests for a ticket.. no thanks.

But i also agree some scarcity should exist for the new skins. So the ones available from the gem store should've had a birthday at least

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I think 450-700 gems for a ticket to choose any one skin seems fair.To buy the whole bundle would cost well over 4000 gems.I have terrible luck, <10% drop rate of scraps (given 25-33% should be normal from what i hear).So i would be in favour of just outright buying a skin. For me it would take 10-25 chests pet scrap, so 100-250 chests for a ticket.. no thanks.

But i also agree some scarcity should exist for the new skins. So the ones available from the gem store should've had a birthday at least

25-33% chance WAS normal, not anymore. The drop rates drastically descreased when they added ton of other uncommon drops to BLC. Now it being around 10% is normal. You can check my youtube, where i have blc openings(50-75 keys at once) for like last year, and you will see that scraps really dont drop often anymore.

@Glider.5792 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I think 450-700 gems for a ticket to choose any one skin seems fair.To buy the whole bundle would cost well over 4000 gems.I have terrible luck, <10% drop rate of scraps (given 25-33% should be normal from what i hear).So i would be in favour of just outright buying a skin. For me it would take 10-25 chests pet scrap, so 100-250 chests for a ticket.. no thanks.

25-33% chance
WAS
normal, not anymore. The drop rates drastically descreased when they added ton of other uncommon drops to BLC. Now it being around 10% is normal. You can check my youtube, where i have blc openings(50-75 keys at once) for like last year, and you will see that scraps really dont drop often anymore.

Then all incentive to open chests for them is lost, and we may as well just buy them off the trading post. Sounds like less off a gamble

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

25-33% chance
WAS
normal, not anymore. The drop rates drastically descreased when they added ton of other uncommon drops to BLC. Now it being around 10% is normal. You can check my youtube, where i have blc openings(50-75 keys at once) for like last year, and you will see that scraps really dont drop often anymore.

Then all incentive to open chests for them is lost, and we may as well just buy them off the gem store. Sounds like less off a gamble

Read what the OP wrote in the top of this post discussion.Edit: wait what, nvm might understood something wrong. Yeah, im not sure if you replied to the right message which i wrote lel. If you meant regarding the prices which i suggested, then yes, check the top again.

@Glider.5792 said:

25-33% chance
WAS

Then all incentive to open chests for them is lost, and we may as well just buy them off the gem store. Sounds like less off a gamble

Read what the OP wrote in the top of this post discussion.Edit: wait what, nvm might understood something wrong. Yeah, im not sure if you replied to the right message which i wrote lel. If you meant regarding the prices which i suggested, then yes, check the top again.

My bad, where i said gem store i intended to write trading post

I was on board with the idea right up until you said you'd have to buy an entire set together, and then I lost interest completely.

I've only ever bought 3 black lion weapon skins (chaos sword, tempest torch, equinox pistol) and only 1 gem store weapon (storm bow) and it was because I liked those specific weapons. I have no use for an entire set of weapons and wouldn't be willing to pay anything like a reasonable price for them.

If they were to sell black lion weapon skins I'd much prefer them to be individual skins, for similar prices to the gem store weapons we already get (which I assume is what Anet considers a fair price for them). Although if they had to stop selling keys I think it's more likely they existing black lion sets would be obtainable in game, since they're already traded for gold, and they'd just stop making new sets and focus on something else instead, like the weapons they already make for the gem store.

@Glider.5792 said:If we compare actual prices atm, the new sets costs around 600-800g, older rares sets (like chaos, dreamthistle) costs thousands, like 2000-6000g and returning sets which become uncommon drops from blc cost around 200-400g. Due to these numbers I think the fair price for full sets would be 2000 gems, since thats translates to roughly the same amount as current new sets.1600gems would probably be best, and 200-300gems for a single ticket, so that people can have a choice of getting one at higher price, or getting all of the at alot cheaper.

Actually you can instant buy the full dreamthistle set for 1349g right now. Over a thousand but not thousands.

Regardless of price only selling as a full set would be awful.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Want more skins earned IN GAME.

It's funny how, something that used to be the norm for video games once, is now such an
unthinkable
idea.

It's hardly an unthinkable idea in GW2. According to the Wiki there are 111 weapon sets in the game, 49 of which are black lion weapons - leaving 62 sets obtained in-game. And that's not counting individual weapon skins which are not part of a set like legendaries, precursors and named exotics. It's not a change in direction either, since we got 1-2 (depending on how you want to count it) new weapon sets with All Or Nothing.

So while there are lots of black lion weapons it's not like that's even the main source of new weapon skins. If you don't want gem store skins there's plenty more to choose from. (Which is why I've only ever bought 3. Most of the time I look at what's available and realise even if I like a black lion skin there's something else I like as much or even more which I can get for less gold or a more fun process, so I use that instead.)

@Omnicron.2467 said:How about a box that allows you to choose one skin from the set for 200-400gems? That won't flood the listing on the gemstore and also allow you to just buy one skin if that is all you want

I think that would be a much better idea. I wouldn't want to buy a full set of skins together, even if it was relatively cheap for what you get, like 1,600 gems for a full set of 19), but I might consider 200-400 gems for one weapon I liked.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Want more skins earned IN GAME.

It's funny how, something that used to be the norm for video games once, is now such an
unthinkable
idea.

It's hardly an unthinkable idea in GW2.
there are 111 weapon sets in the game, 49 of which are black lion weapons - leaving 62 sets obtained in-game. And that's not counting individual weapon skins which are not part of a set like legendaries, precursors and named exotics. It's not a change in direction either, since we got 1-2 (depending on how you want to count it) new weapon sets with All Or Nothing.

So while there are lots of black lion weapons it's not like that's even the main source of new weapon skins. If you don't want gem store skins there's plenty more to choose from. (Which is why I've only ever bought 3. Most of the time I look at what's available and realise even if I like a black lion skin there's something else I like as much or even more which I can get for less gold or a more fun process, so I use that instead.)

@Omnicron.2467 said:How about a box that allows you to choose one skin from the set for 200-400gems? That won't flood the listing on the gemstore and also allow you to just buy one skin if that is all you want

I think that would be a much better idea. I wouldn't want to buy a full set of skins together, even if it was relatively cheap for what you get, like 1,600 gems for a full set of 19), but I might consider 200-400 gems for one weapon I liked.

And how many of those in-game skins are part of the initial core release? That's the issue for me. I'd have no problem with BL if the game was getting a regular intake as well, that was comparable in quantity and quality to the store. I'd still have an issue with the gambling aspect of chests but that's another topic.

Also I'd be genuinely interested to see a similar count for the totality of skins, not just weapons, if such list exists that is.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Glider.5792 said:If we compare actual prices atm, the new sets costs around 600-800g, older rares sets (like chaos, dreamthistle) costs thousands, like 2000-6000g and returning sets which become uncommon drops from blc cost around 200-400g. Due to these numbers I think the fair price for full sets would be 2000 gems, since thats translates to roughly the same amount as current new sets.1600gems would probably be best, and 200-300gems for a single ticket, so that people can have a choice of getting one at higher price, or getting all of the at alot cheaper.

Actually you can instant buy the full dreamthistle set for 1349g right now. Over a thousand but not thousands.

Regardless of price only selling as a full set would be awful.

Thats because it currently drops from BLC. After its removed from BLC it will quickly spike higher.