E-Mail Verification?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here, I clicked on the Send button and no email. Checked my Spam folder and everything. Logged out and back in 3 times and got it again, clicked Send, still no email. It's really annoying. I'm on SMS authentication so idky it's doing that. Sounds like a bug to me.

So it's not just me that's experiencing this.

I'm getting the same thing starting today. I thought it was a fluke of some sort when I logged in for Daily reset though I did hit send before I closed the client. Never got anything in my e-mail's inbox. Logged in a second time, got the same prompt, hit send again, and decided to do Daily's while I waited for something to show up in my e-mail's inbox. Still got nothing.

I haven't changed my e-mail and I haven't changed my password and I haven't messed with any security settings so I wonder what's going on. It doesn't prevent me from playing the game, mind you, but it's still a bit concerning. Hopefully Anet will get back with us on what's going on and let us know if the issue is benign or something more serious.

I got the same error message about email verification, what is going? Did something happen?

The game logged in just fine after i pressed "Send Me" button, I checked my mail box to be sure and there are no mails from Arena net.This kinda scared me and it's worrying me a bit. Has something or someone hacked into something? Or has something gone wrong on your end.

OK. On the game launcher with the email verification thing, I clicked "cancel" next to the send button and was able to launch the game and log in just fine.

Edit: Seems fine on my end, other than the confusing message and not receiving any emails when clicking the send button. Clicking cancel for the verification thing makes the message go away and the Play button appears, allowing me to log into the game just fine.

I'm getting this too. It's not a connectivity issue. I can connect fine whether I select send or cancel but I get no email when I hit send. I verified my email a long time ago. I also haven't received any emails from Anet since November. Wasn't there supposed to be an email from them about getting a purple mask for doing something related to account security or something?

@"Sonicgen.7062" said:So I hit the "send" button by mistake. I haven't just done something stupid like let hackers into my kitten account have I? Is it just a bug on Arenanets end?

Seems like it's a bug on Anet's end. I'm hoping they'll have an update on what's going on tomorrow but if not, at the very least I'm gonna update my password just to be safe.

@"Charrbeque.8729" said:Same exact issue for me.

But, a few hours ago they posted on Twitter they were doing some kind of maintenance that might affect connectivity. https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1113917809589981184

Oooh, I wonder if that's what's causing the problem I am having with adventures...been trying to do beetle time trials and getting notices that the game can't connect with the server when running in Gendarren Fields. No disconnect notice in Mt Maelstrom or Diessa Plateau, but no chests awarded at the end.

Anyway, glad to know we are all having the e-mail issue together.

Archived