Guardian Rework- Just for Fun

Mysticjedi.6053

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Almost every one of those you changed is overpowered. =)

Yes they are, but it would be hilarious to run with this even if we only had it for a week before it reverted back just to watch everybody else freak out for once and we could be laughing behind their back while we say they same thing some classes do on how it's really not overpowered and they just need to learn how to play. ROFL I'd pay for a week of that during April Fool's week or anytime, I'd be taking screen shots of the PvP chat just for the memories

@RUNICBLACK.7630 said:

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Almost every one of those you changed is overpowered. =)

Yes they are, but it would be hilarious to run with this even if we only had it for a week before it reverted back just to watch everybody else freak out for once and we could be laughing behind their back while we say they same thing some classes do on how it's really not overpowered and they just need to learn how to play. ROFL I'd pay for a week of that during April Fool's week or anytime, I'd be taking screen shots of the PvP chat just for the memories

That is something does frustrate me with Guardians. I play Mesmer and Ranger too and they feel like they have a lot more useful traits. Guardians feel like they are stuck with only a few traits that everything outside of it isn't all that great.

Yes that's theme with the Guardian there very little synergy between the traits we pretty much languished as far as any really significant improvements goes. Heck they Nerfed our only real Guardian main range weapon( staff) and left it like that for over a year before we got it back revamped I could go on and on but whats the point some fool that hasn't mained it since beta in all game modes will say "But Guardian is in a good place" and nothing will happen. It frustrating but that where it is , really look at the last two patches for example rattle on that Firebrand has to much sustain so nerf that down and next patch they buff the Scrapper to such an extent that their sustainability far exceeds anything we ever had with the FB , then the next patch well the Core is crowding out all the other options for builds so they gut Righteous Instincts (not saying they shouldn't have lowered it) and say they buff some alternative traits to add diversity ....I'm still trying figure out what they considered a buff.....Sorry for the rant it just frustrating trying to keep a positive outlook because I feel throwing hate an venom at the developer's is counter productive and it totally kills any form of dialogue.

To be totally honest there isn't a game out there that you could get full agreement from the fan base as to if the class balance is fair and balanced between the classes and without a doubt it isn't an easy thing to do anyway because of all interdependancies within the game all of that being said it has been very frustrating with what in my own opinion have been some very heavy handed nerfs throughout the time in this game to some classes in particular with the guardian being one of them , this followed with a rather profound lack of updating or improving on the class when viewed in comparision to many of the classes in the game. I honestly can't think of a reason for this except with the advent of the one new class(rev) and all of the many elite specs that have nibbled away at the original roles that the guardian would be able to fill thus leaving them at a lose on how to built out the guardian without bring in alot of class redundancy( yes we all know there this technically no class Trinity but we also are aware that some classes fill certain roles better than others.) This along with unfortunate reality that they are going to spend their resource capital(manpower so to speak) on the must popular classes amongest the fan base for rather obvisous business sense. I am not certain of this but it does make the must logical sense even if I don't like it. My hope is that at some point somebody will address these inequities and we will see some honest creative work done on the class, it doesn't need a complete redesign ( and I highly doubt it would every get one any more than any other class would, to much in the way of wasted time and money) like so people seem to think it just needs some tweaks to various skills and traits which could improve the quality of game immensely and do it in such a way as to allow for play and counter play. Granted this is just my opinion.Thank you I hope to hear more from you on your ideas

I am on the camp that thinks Guardian needs a few tweaks to skills. Traits do need a lot more work but we have covered that already.When you look at the game and the goal that every class be able to damage, support and control, I view balance in keeping this promise.The thing is Guardian can damage and it can support. Its ability to control is weak. A true balance would be coming out to say core guardian should specialize in X (probably support) and then specializations should improve control and damage. The specializations have improved damage, but core Guardian is indeed without a real identity.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a Dev will jump in on this conversation with something more than it is a good spot, which is code for it doesn't break any format, but makes no real impact either.

Balance every class should, after enough time and specializations be able to offer good damage good support, and good control.(Never all in one build though which is another balance opinion of mine. You should have to sacrifice control and support for damage or damage and control for support. Too many hybrid builds is what tips things especially in pvp and wvw.)

Archived