Bifrost footfalls are inconsistent: they don't show up on a large variety of terrain

Bifrost footfalls don't show up on a large variety of terrain.I know those footfalls are not so flashy, but often they actually don't show at all.It seems this is influenced by camera angle and movement direction: going backward seems to spawn more footfalls.

I tried recording my screen, but ended up with a 1fps video that can't be used properly. While i try a workaround to record my screen, i'll try to be more specific about this issue.

This issue is the same with the weapon wielded or stowed. I did the most of the experimenting in the mistlock sanctuary, but it's the same in lion's arch and in other maps. Running spawns little to 0 footfalls, while walking spawns a little bit more footfals. Walking downhill spawns correctly the footfalls, while walking uphill spawns dull footfalls. Running worsen the whole thing, spawning nearly 0 footfalls while walking uphill. The same problem remains in other flat terrains.

The vast majority of time the footfalls are not displayed, then they spawn for 3-4 steps and go away. It seems they could be influenced by direction of movement/direction of camera.

The conclusion I came to with other redditors is that Bifrost's footfalls are too low in height/positioning with terrain. So when I step on all those terrains that are not matching collision properly my feet sink to the ankles, the footfalls will be under the floor instead on the surface of the terrain and don't show up. This could be demonstred by how the footfalls behave in uphill/downhill movement; more, it seems that my feet sink a bit in the mistlock sanctuary, making the footfalls spawn "underground".

Archived