The last dev stream () had some good info in it. I made some notes with timestamps for those who can't watch the whole 1 1/2 hour video.
- Time to entry rebalance for keeps and towers (later in stream at 00:55:37 they mention the gates and walls changes will go live in a matter of weeks)
- Potential restriction to repairs while walls and gates are being damaged
- Devs are adjusting the time to entry for keeps and towers because they want to incentivize attacking
- Currently higher tier doors and wall take less damage as well as having more health, devs want just one of those increases rather than both
- WvW skill balance in GH arena is not currently possible, but it has been looked into
- Z really wants world restructuring
- On scoring changes: the resetting every 8 hours will most likely be after alliances
- Gates and walls changes will go live in a matter of weeks, a few small warclaw changes in a few weeks as well, not too many big changes for warclaw anytime soon
- Devs want to add rewards for attacking defended objectives instead of win trading, rewards for attacking a defended keep should be better than rewards for an empty keep, rewards should scale with structure level, still in paper design phase and devs hope to start prototyping soon
@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:
The current design includes rewards for defense as well. I probably misspoke on stream. We we want to encourage combat at objectives, both defending and attacking.
- Ben created a couple of prototypes, like a skill that would most likely be unlocked with the ability system that throws a spear and dismounts both you and the target, this skill is already working, the question is whether the devs want it in the game or not
Thanks to Ben and Ray for the info shared in this stream and thanks to Z for giving them the go-ahead to be more open with what they're working on. I'm sure I missed a thing or two, please add it in the comments or correct any mistakes I've made.