Would you all be ok with Ventari becoming harder to play?

Knighthonor.4061

So are you implying that Ventari needs to be made harder to play in order to justify it getting buffs? In what ways do you think these changes could happen?Personally, I don't see why it would need to be made harder to play. WvW support Scrapper is the most faceroll-easy support to play in WvW and it was made even easier (and more effective) in the most recent patch.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Buran.3796 said:Ventari and Kalla are two legends that I never touch so they can do with them wathever they want, won't never be interested in their gameplay, no matter what changes they get.

Iam confused. In other threads people say Ventari is Great, but in this thread people say no its already hard.

Ventari is good if ppl stack, otherwise it's useless

@Safandula.8723 said:

@Buran.3796 said:Ventari and Kalla are two legends that I never touch so they can do with them wathever they want, won't never be interested in their gameplay, no matter what changes they get.

Iam confused. In other threads people say Ventari is Great, but in this thread people say no its already hard.

95% of the game is pug. And stacking during a pug is not going to happen most of the time. So you saying its 95% useless?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

95% of the game is pug. And stacking during a pug is not going to happen most of the time. So you saying its 95% useless?

Not true, pugs sometimes stack, but for example it sucks on bosses like Matthias, where it's hard to heal ppl, that are constantly splitting

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:

People are bad?

To answer your original question though, anet's not likely to make anything "harder to play," all of their changes over the past year+ have been tailored towards making everything easier to play and more accessible to players of every tier level. As for Ventari's usefulness, that will probably only happen if anet decides to start putting in some encounters where healing is a desired mechanic and issue. In this game of offense-is-the-best-defense-power-creep-go! Ventari unfortunately has the mantle of huge heals and defensive buffs, which are things nobody really wants or needs. It would be cool (especially for ventari fans) if some of the new bosses in Wing 7 revolve around straight strong support output instead of pure dps.

However, I don't think they should or even need to change Ventari to give it more offensive buffs or do more personal dps or whatever... As it is right now, Ventari has a niche role now in overhealing and doing things like Solo River/No Shroom Sloth/Handkiting, due to it being--by far--the strongest pure healer in the game... If they were to increase it's offensive support, it would surely be attached to healing nerfs, and it would lose its identity. On top of that, it'd be completely unnecessary since Kalla exists. Right now, Ventari is around for those situations when you need insane healing output (as rare as they may be) and Kalla's a top option for bringing more dps-minded support... I mean, you literally don't even need to use healing power gear to keep even an average group fully healed using Soulcleave and Breakrazor, and the dps boost it brings is pretty noticable--just not on Arc, which doesn't track any of Soulcleave's leech damage.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with many of the posts that it's certainly one of the hardest support classes to play across Guardian, Elementalist, and Engineer. I've had to devote all my keybinds and Action cam just for this one class, which I prefer to play above all other healers due to the strength and challenge of it's utility. I think it could use a few tweaks here and there. Also they still need to fix the issue where the tablet sometimes tracks underground, sometimes and gets stuck. But all in all, it's becoming a more valuable sustain with each and every patch. And it seems that Anet is listening.