Server Transfer Suggestions

pointaction.4639

If you're a Spanish speaker, SF could be fantastic for you. They seem to have the highest population of Spanish speakers of all the servers that I've ever seen(NA). Otherwise, SoR will probably bring more/better fights for next 2 or 3 weeks. But as others mentioned, transferring this close to relinks would be very much a roll of the dice. I'd wait until after, if I were you.

Housekeeping details:Relinks are on April 26th (last Friday of every even month)

SF: I'm SF and have been since we were our own server. In 3 years of linkings, this is the first time we've been paired with this particular host. In terms of numbers, cooperation of the 2 servers and general map chat anxiety we've seen this linking cycle, I'd rate it overall the second best experience in 3 year years. I do not expect this to continue or even a "good pair" next cycle because I've just grown accustomed to disappointment when it comes to those matters, but will be happy if I'm proved otherwise. Either way, till then, I'm enjoying the next 3 weeks.

SOR: Never been on or paired with them, but have fought them as a solo "24" server, when they've been linked with opposition hosts and when they were host themselves. Their numbers were probably better as a 24 than they were the last 2 months they were a host. Don't know anything about their current numbers or activity.

If I were you though, I'd wait 3 weeks and see how the chips land.

@"Limodriver.4106" said:

ANET has turned WvW into a Pay to transfer to Win game. They must be so proud. So much for their Design Manifesto.They are desperate for $$$ they can careless about population balance anymore.

Maybe. A few of us tried hard to advocate for population balance for years (not just months) and only then this alliance thing is announced but well, year passed and not a glimpse of this so-called alliance. I come to realize that anet follow "popular" opinions a lot, even if the opinions don't necessary yield much long term benefits, they will still carry it out. Well, their cancelled projects also match that kind of thinking.

Archived