[Solved] SAB Trib Mode W2Z2: jump pads

Please help me, I am about to bash my head into the wall! :angry:

Those jump pads by the end don't work properly. I manage to proceed on the first one, but upon landing on the second one, it just doesn't catapult me upwards by itself. I have to stand on it, then press Jump for it to trigger, but that does not get me far enough to reach the next pillar.

Is there a trick to it? What am I missing here?? (I've already died about 200 times trying. :/ And yes, I am taking the correct road as seen in all YT videos, so the path is not the issue here.)

Edit: ScreenshotIACK9D9.jpg

@sarkysek.1085 said:That's normal. You need to jump from the very edge of some of those pillars. U'll be dying a lot because 50% of the time those jump pads won't work.

The pillars are not the issue. I can't get that particular jump pad (seen in the screenshot above) to launch me to the next pillar. As mentioned, it only launches me when I initiate the jump, but it never gets me all the distance across to my target, no matter where I stand when I initiate the jump (even at the front edge of the pad) or how long I hold down W.

Help? :'(

Edit: I got it! The trick is to stand at the back end of the jump pad, then do a small jump forward to initiate it, THEN you get the momentum required to get across. =) (is doing the happy dance)

Even bouncy mushrooms work that way, sometimes they don't launch you up when you first land on them.

That's a different story, I already posted a complaint in the Discussions sections of the forum. ;)

Archived