Posting & Discussion For XPack Off-Metas and F2P Core Builds

OK a few rules. We should only post & discuss xpack off-metas and f2p core builds that:

1. We actually believe are viable amongst current meta. In the case of f2p core, it should be something we believe is the most viable option even if the class isn't currently viable in general.
  2. Have at least achieved a plat 1 rating. It's a good indication of if a build is even capable of playing out of gold range.
  3. Possess an identified job role within a conquest team. AKA: Team Fighter, Support, Side Noder, +1 Decapper.

If we keep these three rules in mind ^ it should help avoid the posting of builds that really aren't worth discussing at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not trying to be elitist in an off-meta posting thread. But the idea here is to identify off-metas that are actually kind of good, that are worth checking out.

Current xpack off-metas & f2p cores that have been posted, that are worth checking out:

Warrior/Berserker/Spellbreaker:

Guardian/Dragonhunter/Firebrand:

Revenant/Herald/Renegade:

Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast:

Engineer/Scrapper/Holosmith:

Thief/Daredevil/Deadeye:

Necromancer/Reaper/Scourge:

• Core Necro Tank (Team Fight/Side Noder) ->
  • Reaper ->
  • Scourge ->

Mesmer/Chronomancer/Mirage:

• Core Mesmer ->
  • Chronomancer ->
  • Mirage ->

Elementalist/Tempest/Weaver:

If anyone has any builds that should be added to this list or updated over list, feel fee to post.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Ok video fixed. That was obnoxious.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" You should drop your best off-meta Rev build in here.

Probably Retribution instead of Invocation. Two good builds come out of this:

Sanc shield rev, enjoy never dying unless +1'd while still having just enough damage to be a threat.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklNFyegJ8hqvIH/oNAH4BA-jpxHQB2rMAAOBA+7QAosjAwQ2fIgPAAA

Resistance Rev, not too horribly different from meta-herald. Sacrifices some damage to have better sustain. Wins some 1v1s that meta-rev usually loses.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmn3guNSuQ7JRboVlsP0rS4IaWJ4EdsklNFqNAH4BqvIH/wegF8hA-jpxHABf/AAuuMgyHBA/PEABv/AAnAAA

I run a modified protection holo as a conversion holo for support. Potent in teamfights as both damage and support, decent duelist and sidenoder by itself. Usually enough CC and pressure to drive most sidenoders off the point, decent at tanking 2v1's as long as it isn't getting spiked - can duel most sidenoders with relative ease. Its primary weakness is terrible mobility. If an enemy is smart, they will kite you and there won't be too much you can do. Good warriors and condi mirages can run out the cooldowns and then capitalize when it's weak, but this isn't common.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_Stand_Still_S/S

Requires more skill than standard holo build to operate well, but I've had very few problems with it.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:im not sure how you expect people to remain objective. point 1 is subjective, point 2 can be subjective. is this thread a place for people to post what ever build they think can be good or what lol? cuz that's what I see here altho it seems you want to some what cut out the chaff.

All of reality is subjective. though if I say, "Only post things that are blue" then it kind of narrows down what is desired to be posted right? Yeah. It's not a big deal man. Just trying to avoid posts like "CHECK OUT MY COOL BUNKER THIEF BRO." Of course, that's what we do in a forum.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:All of reality is subjective. though if I say, "Only post things that are blue" then it kind of narrows down what is desired to be posted right? Yeah. It's a not a big deal man. Just trying to avoid posts like "CHECK OUT MY COOL BUNKER THIEF BRO." Of course, that's what we do in a forum.

ok so youre asking people to post builds that they think are good, minus the ones that are obviously not good. got it.

I used core guardian last season after the nerf using zeal/radiance/valor, GS and sword/shield. I only played 12 games but made it to P2.

Before the nerf, I think in the hands of the right player it could have comfortably made it to P3. As it stands right now, I think P2 is its capability cap.

Have been playing Sage FB with reasonable success in P2:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnd5ensAD1BjNCD+7AkCjF+BDLAMDKCZVocUHa/i2RPpA-jJhAQBEa/BAcSA6wTAQilBAA

The aim is to lay down strong AoE and decent support in team-fights. Obviously not as much support as a Menders FB, but I still provide the same boons and cleanses, and not actually that much less healing (Aegis heal is 943 instead of 1188). And if you have 3 targets to cleave, you can get up to 25 burning stacks in a few seconds. I almost always get top damage and top healing.

Dueling, it can't keep up with most of the meta stuff, but it does do very well against spellbreaker. The aegis, blind, and stab mantras, and F3 tome for rampage, is pretty much the perfect utility bar for countering spellbreaker.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMA1NglMAGNAM5ilGA7uS3pD1CByAwHs4QeFiCA-jJhIQBB8EAckyA6Y/BA8AAAA

It's a full glass build (Weaver) with extreme (maximum) burst output. This is as one-shot as it gets. Pick your plusses, rotate and position well, and have readily accessible keybinds for the bursts.

It can 1v1 some classes with limited mobility. You can also spike very hard and not need line of sight

Usage: pre-cast Dragon's Tooth onto Flame Wall; detonate Fire Aura for might gen.

Create bursts combined with all of your utilities. You should activate your utilities as soon as you enter Air Attunement from a different Attunement or activate them first if you're already in Air Attunement. It takes time to learn.

Sometimes played in support rev.Retribution - top top(or bot) botSalvation - mid bot(or mid) botHerald - top(or mid) top(or bot) mid.Traits in brackets on the situationhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemn3gmNSuQzJRboNlsP0oS4I6UJ4ENskFZlRNgDiwO6r/edjRSB-jpxHQB+7QAosHAAAOBAN8IA8j9HkXZAASigils for weapon at the discretionSometimes helped swap in support from power shiro.

Not enough trait to revive allies removed from herald. It should have been placed in salvation. Have to press elite centaur for help.

@xp eke xp.6724 said:sry failed, doublepost...

but well if i fail, i can also ask: does someone tested a rev build with renegarde and rune of the mad king?

The old Rene meme build that uses the most broken weapon SB? Yes, tested it. Mad King runes DO give you good sustain with your Kala Elite, but tbh, I'm having much more success running Sanct Runes, Retribution / Invocation on my Renegade, with staff/hammer. The constant barrier and condi/pDamage reduction traits gives me enough sustain to bunker. Nothing so outrageously broken as Scrapper, but I've been having a blast with this build for 2 seasons already.

Speaking of Mad King Runes, the variant Druid build that I mentioned in that video but never got to, is this:

Wilderness: 1 2 2Nature: 1 3 2Druid: 1 1 2

Staff: Energy & EscapeAxe/Warhorn: Energy & CourageHarrier & Mad King

6 - Troll Unguent7 - Quick Zephyr8 - Sig of Stone9 - Lightning Reflex0 - Entangle

Pet 1: Electric WyvernPet 2: Bristleback

The normal build in the video is the best way to go. This variant build is for situations when you want a bit less defensive value, for a bit more chase & kill potential. The Mad King Rune is actually a surprising boost to damage on builds that aren't aimed at DPS. Of course it has + power but it also has bleed duration which makes the 25 might stacked Axe 2 Splitblades and Entangle bleeds dangerous. Then of course the birds that come out and attack when using Entangle, is a significant boost to damage. the other thing in this build to note, is that it is using Quick Zephyr over Protect Me. Due to Harrier stats, the Quickness is elongated, and allows the Druid to land a very large combo very quickly: Quick Zephyr - Warhorn 5 and 4 - F2 Bristleback - Entangle "which will make Mad King birds come out" - Axe 2 Splitblade - Axe 3 Winter's Bite - Follow up the rest of the Quick duration with Axe 1 spam. This is the closest thing you'll get to a Condi Druid that works. Believe me, I have literally tried everything. If you want to run Condi on a Druid, this is how you do it.

Archived