The twitter situation is getting kinda silly.

Personally i dont understamd the whole rt and strechgoals deal, is there an event im missing (like the one u did a while back for extra life).

Anyways thats not the point, the point is that since you went ahead and hyped the game for once why not pin the tweet of the teaser? I wanted to link the tweet to a friend who wanted to see it and had to go through an ocean of rt strechgoals.

Also a pointer, if retweets is what you are looking for, u can post more news and hype material and im sure ppl will retweet it.

I had to mute them for the duration. I like a clean feed and it got silly with the stretch goals/RT stuff. I dont mind community stuff being tweeted loads because there is some cool artwork to share even out of context, but checking my twitter feed and having a spam load of identical “retweet me please” requests to scroll through gets that group off my list to follow quickly.

@Blocki.4931 said:I follow enough people who aren't into GW2 so this isn't a problem to me.

Also that is just how twitter RTs work. If you want them you have to keep advertising it, esp on something as limited in time as this.

Nah i follow enough ppl who often retweet their work in general. Gw2's spam this last couple of days has been quite unreal.

And besides the problem isnt with ppl who follow gw2, i dont see other ppl retweeting it, its all anet.

Anyways, they seem to have pinned the teaser so hey thats good.

Whenever I ask about something here I'm always redirected to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit...

The official forums should be the first place something is shown or announced. Its poor form to use all these other platforms before your own.

@Klipso.8653 said:Whenever I ask about something here I'm always redirected to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit...

The official forums should be the first place something is shown or announced. Its poor form to use all these other platforms before your own.

So you would advertise your product in your own facility instead of showing it directly to the outside world to attract more (and new) costumers?

@Jethro.9376 said:

@Klipso.8653 said:Whenever I ask about something here I'm always redirected to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit...

So you would advertise your product in your own facility instead of showing it directly to the outside world to attract more (and new) costumers?

Advertising in an echo chamber does not help, if their goal is to attract more customers then they need to advertise to people that aren't already following them.

Subjective, do you think more ppl use daily the forums than the ppl who have a twotter and have followed gw2?

Its kind of the same thing with the trailers, if they have to go to one place first, that should be youtube.

@Klipso.8653 said:

Advertising in an echo chamber does not help, if their goal is to attract more customers then they need to advertise to people that aren't already following them.

Nobody can or will link a forum thread announcing smth, why would i click in a link for the no mans sky forums when i have nothing to do for the game?

At least on youtube and tweeter i can either get it on my feed or someone from the ppl i follow can rt it.

@zealex.9410 said:

Nobody can or will link a forum thread announcing smth, why would i click in a link for the no mans sky forums when i have nothing to do for the game?

At least on youtube and tweeter i can either get it on my feed or someone from the ppl i follow can rt it.

I was talking about announcements in general, not advertising. Advertising is what was brought up in the conversation, and you're right it should* be on youtube... as an ad, not hidden inside their channel.

@Klipso.8653 said:

I was talking about announcements in general, not advertising. Advertising is what was brought up in the conversation, and you're right it should* be on youtube... as an ad, not hidden inside their channel.

Announcements usually are advertisement what do you mean?

And its not hidden inside their channel, they release a trailer which ppl can take and link, they also, do infact, put adds.

@zealex.9410 said:

Announcements usually are advertisement what do you mean?

And its not hidden inside their channel, they release a trailer which ppl can take and link, they also, do infact, put adds.

If word of mouth is working for them then that's fine. But the only times I've ever seen actual ads for this game was release and right before the 2 expansions. Rolling into season 5 without an expansion means they won't spend money on advertising if they continue that trend.

They have an advertising guy, and they threw him a hammer and some nails and said "go build a deck"And hes looking at them like "where's the wood?"

The information should still be here first.

It should be wherever the info can be dispersed widest. Social media almost certainly trumps the forums for views and they are as official as the forums in every possible way. I'm not disagreeing using the forums/website, but I certainly don't agree the forums should take precedent over their other official outlets for announcements.

Archived