An opinion from the fight community.

Trajan.4953

@Klipso.8653 said:Fighting on the road instead of on a point is still playing the mode objectively wrong whether you have a 5 man team or 50.

Fights are fun, but you're playing the game mode wrong if you ignore objectives.

Fighting on the road doesn't equal ignoring objectives. Dead players can't cap stuff, no matter where they died ...This applies to both sPvP and WvW.

@UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

@Klipso.8653 said:Fighting on the road instead of on a point is still playing the mode objectively wrong whether you have a 5 man team or 50.

Fights are fun, but you're playing the game mode wrong if you ignore objectives.

Fighting on the road doesn't equal ignoring objectives. Dead players can't cap stuff, no matter where they died ...This applies to both sPvP and WvW.

Yeah but why would they keep clashing nowhere near an objective? What about roamers who just cap things while you do effectively nothing? What if the people who respawn simply start playing the game?

Just being on the map doesn't give you fights. You attack and defend objectives. Sadly too many people aren't interested in doing either so they call the game bad or switch servers so they can do the same thing but now only have 2 players on the enemy team instead of 5 because that one has been abandoned as well /s

@Trajan.4953 said:Not one of us cares in the slightest about your T3 objective. None of us cares about capping it or the PPT involved. All we want is for you to come out and fight.

There is a strict pvp mode for exactly this. Why complain about it in what is made an object based gamemode?And be honest there, even the biggest PPT hater gets a good feeling when they get that heavily defended T3 keep.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Klipso.8653" said:Fighting on the road instead of on a point is still playing the mode objectively wrong whether you have a 5 man team or 50.

Yeah but why would they keep clashing nowhere near an objective? What about roamers who just cap things while you do effectively nothing? What if the people who respawn simply start playing the game?

Just being on the map doesn't give you fights. You attack and defend objectives. Sadly too many people aren't interested in doing either so they call the game bad or switch servers so they can do the same thing but now only have 2 players on the enemy team instead of 5 because that one has been abandoned as well /s

To some extent i agree with you. I just don't think that fighting open field is the issue or "not playing the game mode properly".Capping undefended stuff with 50+ does "effectively nothing" either. To play the map efficiently players would have to spread out instead of stacking in one huge blob, this goes for both the "fighters" as well as those who avoid fights and just cap stuff. PvDoor and lack of fights are caused by this stacking and players just going for easymode gamplay. But preferring open field fights has nothing to do with this and is mostly a result of unfun mechanics (npcs, siege, tactivators, ...) interferring with fights at objectives.

@"Clownmug.8357" said:Ok, you guys can keep ignoring objectives even though that's where the fights are. Please continue wandering the map aimlessly like headless chickens, or just stand around at spawn doing nothing since you're so good at it.

There are no fights at objectives, just scared people sitting on siege. Being hit by cannon, mortar, AC and so on is not what "fighting" it is.

@"Trajan.4953" said:Not one of us cares in the slightest about your T3 objective. None of us cares about capping it or the PPT involved. All we want is for you to come out and fight.

Those who fight, aren't inside T3 objectives. If they are, they are very outnumbered and that needs fixed. Already wrote about here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/post/quote/73133/Comment_880917

Fight for the objectives, that will cause a fight, u need to pull enemy out if they have similiar numbers, if they are a s smaller server on your timezone dont expect fights, play the game how is ment to be played... Ktrain and pvd.

IMO i think OP is QQ cause is has a mass zerg against smaller groups.... cause that's what WvW has been most time during this 6 years....

@Arctisavange.7261 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Well what's stopping you from tearing the wall down and getting that fight?

Oh wait.

Half a trillion siege weapons that are often times unreachable, buffs + tactivators and people spamming siege disablers from stealth.Combine all that trash and you usually kill all the siege weapons deployed to take down the wall.

How so.... ??? u can hit siege o inner side of the wall, some skills can even pull players and damage them almost on the inner side of the strucutres... just pull the players and kill them, being in wall is a downside for the defenders.. lol..

Spam isnt always the way to win.... sometimes brains are required to counter enemy siege....

@Aeolus.3615 said:Fight for the objectives, that will cause a fight, u need to pull enemy out if they have similiar numbers, if they are a s smaller server on your timezone dont expect fights, play the game how is ment to be played... Ktrain and pvd.

IMO i think OP is QQ cause is has a mass zerg against smaller groups.... cause that's what WvW has been most time during this 6 years....

@"Blocki.4931" said:Well what's stopping you from tearing the wall down and getting that fight?

Oh wait.

Half a trillion siege weapons that are often times unreachable, buffs + tactivators and people spamming siege disablers from stealth.Combine all that trash and you usually kill all the siege weapons deployed to take down the wall.

How so.... ??? u can hit siege o inner side of the wall, some skills can even pull players and damage them almost on the inner side of the strucutres... just pull the players and kill them, being in wall is a downside for the defenders.. lol..

Spam isnt always the way to win.... sometimes brains are required to counter enemy siege....

It's not that they don't have "brain", it's not that hard figuring out or just simply asking others. It's just boring doing all that. Not to mention "play the game how is ment to be played... Ktrain and pvd", it just as bad as running over few with many.

And before anyone mentions sPvP: that's not better either, it's just cap this, cap that. Not fun. GW2 has a fun fighting system, but it's just a wasted potential, nothing is built around it. Avoid, run away and cap things will make you a "winner", and that's what is wrong. A fight has to be fun for both sides, a game has to be enjoyable, not watching each other from far away and being bored.

@Tiawal.2351 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Fight for the objectives, that will cause a fight, u need to pull enemy out if they have similiar numbers, if they are a s smaller server on your timezone dont expect fights, play the game how is ment to be played... Ktrain and pvd.

@"Blocki.4931" said:Well what's stopping you from tearing the wall down and getting that fight?

Oh wait.

It's not that they don't have "brain", it's not that hard figuring out or just simply asking others. It's just boring doing all that. Not to mention "play the game how is ment to be played... Ktrain and pvd", it just as bad as running over few with many.

And before anyone mentions sPvP: that's not better either, it's just cap this, cap that. Not fun. GW2 has a fun fighting system, but it's just a wasted potential, nothing is built around it. Avoid, run away and cap things will make you a "winner", and that's what is wrong. A fight has to be fun for both sides, a game has to be enjoyable, not watching each other from far away and being bored.

Seems like there should always be something to fight over, you just want 4 open fields and fight zerg vs zerg? How long do you think will that be interesting in the current meta?

Oh wait.

Oh look at you mr. Brains.

Alright lets start then with a simple example:

I want to go and flip a T3 bravost. I have to drop 2 mortars from keep to make sure i can use the gate/wall. Additionally keep cannon has to go that will take a dump on me if a enemy zerg comes to defend.The cannon and mortar on outer are close to eachother which is easy to kill but the inner mortar that can hit the bravost gate, you have to go directly to double gate blue keep to kill it. Thats already a massive hassle.Now some siege monkeys often times tend to deploy trebs on inner keep wall which are unkillable. If theres a treb there then no point using the gate nor the wall thats at enemy spawn side.

Now all you have left is to jump on the "sneaky" wall aimed at umberglade camp side. Once you reach there enemies can easily deploy acs on the bravost lower - middle ramp nearby lord room and you cant kill nothing once that happens cause the terrain is cut off.Throw in 2 shield gens into the tower and the nr 3 skill on the gens block all cata shots due to the gen bubble bugging through the wall. Add infinite amount of disablers with tactivators and good luck doing anything.

This only one example out of many.

Sometimes brains and EXPERIENCE is required before replying on matters you lack knowledge.

What bothers me and I know all the cheese faceroll stealth classes will be unhappy about this is simple. The perma stealth one hit combos are ridiculous OP and do not allow us to even dodge. Anet should seriously look at scaling back the dps while in stealth for all stealth classes. I get that this is an unpopular opinion but not all of us want to play that kind of skillless trash build.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:

Oh wait.

Oh look at you mr. Brains.

Alright lets start then with a simple example:

I want to go and flip a T3 bravost. I have to drop 2 mortars from keep to make sure i can use the gate/wall. Additionally keep cannon has to go that will take a dump on me if a enemy zerg comes to defend.The cannon and mortar on outer are close to eachother which is easy to kill but the inner mortar that can hit the bravost gate, you have to go directly to double gate blue keep to kill it. Thats already a massive hassle.Now some siege monkeys often times tend to deploy trebs on inner keep wall which are unkillable. If theres a treb there then no point using the gate nor the wall thats at enemy spawn side.

Now all you have left is to jump on the "sneaky" wall aimed at umberglade camp side. Once you reach there enemies can easily deploy acs on the bravost lower - middle ramp nearby lord room and you cant kill nothing once that happens cause the terrain is cut off.Throw in 2 shield gens into the tower and the nr 3 skill on the gens block all cata shots due to the gen bubble bugging through the wall. Add infinite amount of disablers with tactivators and good luck doing anything.

This only one example out of many.

Sometimes brains and EXPERIENCE is required before replying on matters you lack knowledge.

So you say Spawn towers should be easy to cap and hard to defend? I think you and I live in opposite worlds.

@Arctisavange.7261 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Well what's stopping you from tearing the wall down and getting that fight?

Oh wait.

Oh, this falsehood again. Maybe if you stopped putting the catapaults AT THE BASE OF THE WALL you'd not have that problem.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:Except if the walls were safer, instead of the cata being right next to it, you'd have to build outside the range of the players on the wall. Arrow carts don't shoot that far (max range 2500). Cata's shoot 4000 baseline and yes, max Balista Range is 3500 with the Mastery. Effectivly less depending on that player's PC limited draw distance. So to stop your catas they'd have to gasp come out and fight you on the fields.

Isn't that what you actually want or not? Cause with knowing that, it sounds like you just want an empty field with easy bags.

So, easy, build the cata's out at max range, and DRAW THE DEFENDERS OUT. Crazy idea that... my havoc teams do that all the time. Cause it works.

Archived