What's your favorite new elite spec so far?

circuitnerd.5863

Mirage is my favorite followed by Spellbreaker. Scourge is still confusing due to traits that trigger when going in and out of Shroud. Weaver is mind-boggling -- something I really have no mental stamina to deal with. Deadeye is disappointing and very limited due to the absence of Steal's instant teleport -- there's no point going to melee with Deadeye. No point taking Renegade. Soulbeast needs more work but it can easily become something I like. I currently have no opinion about Firebrand just yet.

Should have made this post a "poll" :).

Scourge is my favorite -- feels very impactful with conditions while being supporty at the same time. I like Soulbeast concept and play, as well as the Firebrand. These are tied for 2nd and 3rd. All three of these elite professions offer new mechanics and feel quite different from the HoT elite and vanilla profession.

Spellbreaker feels like warrior, but the counter has serious impact in competitive play. In PvE I feel it misses half the time because of the mobs generally slow attack speed.

Mirage elite seems dull and cumbersome. Weaver is an exercise in working your fingers off for little reward -- and is really just core ele with some frosting as far as I'm concerned.

I haven't tried the other 3, but it's on my list.

Power Reaper is still high on the list of my favorites for open-world PvE, and I can't stand scepter 3's skill icon, so I'm going to pass on Scourge.

Soulbeast is pretty okay, a bit annoyingly glassy (lifestealing on every attack that inflicts poison still isn't enough sustain), but it's not that different from condi Ranger (aka still one of my best). Fanged Iboga is bae.

Renegade is a huge improvement over Mallyx/Jalis Revenant for me, and I've completely dropped the Invocation line in favor of Devastation (Corruption/Devastation/Renegade overall). The healing is much better, the life stealing is amazing, the pulsing AoE interupt is amazing, and it's good to have a ranged weapon that doesn't feel piss-poor on a condi spec. Shortbow needs some serious work, though.

Weaver's been a...mixed bag for me. On the one hand, sword/dagger Weaver is insanely fun to me. On the other hand, I'm dealing crap damage while barely being able to stay alive, and I'm not convinced I can pull off that piano rotation for absurd damage.

...Halfway through writing this, I looked at the video rotation for https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/elementalist/condi-weaver-build-guide/ , and saw a 48.5k burning spike 16 seconds in. There is hope.

Haven't tried all specs yet, but so far Firebrand is my favorite. It feels like I can do anything I want. Condi specced/geared (tho I have some celestial pieces), but I still do a shitload of damage with scepter aswell. Condi cleanse? Check. Tomes are amazing. Mantra's are nice. I can support when needed. Wish I had slightly more vitality tho, but I don't want to change any of my gear, so I'll have to get used to that.

Weaver, Mirage and Holosmith are slightly behind Firebrand, but I love what they did with the specs. Spellbreaker looks amazing (double incinerator as a bonus!), but haven't played with it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Mirage is my favorite followed by Spellbreaker. Scourge is still confusing due to traits that trigger when going in and out of Shroud. Weaver is mind-boggling -- something I really have no mental stamina to deal with. Deadeye is disappointing and very limited due to the absence of Steal's instant teleport -- there's no point going to melee with Deadeye. No point taking Renegade. Soulbeast needs more work but it can easily become something I like. I currently have no opinion about Firebrand just yet.

You know with renegade you get 10-20% extra condi damage, right? Also some good aoe. Renegade isn't the problem, it's the revenant class. It was put out half complete, and so far, both of our elites have been implemented to complete a half made class.

Renegade is totally worth it. Kalla and SB, on the other hand, are not (for min/maxing).

I am liking the Deadeye. I rather like the new stealas it does have many advantages. The port tocan be missed in situations (ie port up to an enemy on higher ground) but at the same time being able to steal and apply boons conditions without getting inside all of that AOE has tremendous benefit. The build CAN be very effective at melee. Obviously you are not going to melee with a ranged weapon (rifle) but I am finding d/p very effective. Shadowshot port then stealth via shadow meld or hidden thief with steal then backstab. This also works great with s/x. Shadowgust on mark is also effective . Applying binding shadow with an s/p build followed by PW churns out huge damage especially when that ample quickness is running. As to the rifle itself, I am rather liking the "feel of it". Singling out a single opponent for that big shot is rather immersive.

SB is an other build I have been working with on my warriors. These things can fight and heal forever it seems against a multiple of foes. Currently the build I favor is hammer and d/d . I just like the feel of d/d and the contrast it has with the slower hammer.

I have tried mirage and was wrecked while playing it. I need to learn the skills more.

I took Scourge out a few times and there did not seem enough to it other then churning out the AOE. That just a first impression and I will need to spend more time with it.

The rest I will get to in time.

@Klowdy.3126 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Mirage is my favorite followed by Spellbreaker. Scourge is still confusing due to traits that trigger when going in and out of Shroud. Weaver is mind-boggling -- something I really have no mental stamina to deal with. Deadeye is disappointing and very limited due to the absence of Steal's instant teleport -- there's no point going to melee with Deadeye. No point taking Renegade. Soulbeast needs more work but it can easily become something I like. I currently have no opinion about Firebrand just yet.

You know with renegade you get 10-20% extra condi damage, right? Also some good aoe. Renegade isn't the problem, it's the revenant class. It was put out half complete, and so far, both of our elites have been implemented to complete a half made class.

Renegade is totally worth it. Kalla and SB, on the other hand, are not (for min/maxing).

If the goal is to deal high condition damage, I'd rather take Scourge. That's what I meant.

I've only unlocked Mirage, Deadeye, Renegade, Holosmith, Soulbeast and soon Firebrand.I must say that Mirage is super fun to play as I do enjoy Mesmers alot, been my favorite profession since day 1.Deadeye is also really fun- I love the sniper mode and shooting long range!Renegade is also superfun, my favorite 'weapon' for Revenant!Soulbeast is cool too to merge into your animal spirit, the MH dagger is also OK.Holosmith is alright.

I think my least favorite will be the Scourge, I've never liked Necromancer and yeah, but time will tell soon once I've unlocked it aswell.I still need to unlock Scourge, Spellbreaker, Weaver and currently Firebrand which I am working on atm. :tongue:

Firebrand easily. I can finally play my Guardian the way I've always wanted to. Love the tomes, they fit into the lore/style of the profession perfectly, and now that we have mantras along with consecrations, shouts, meditations.... Feels like a true heavily armored caster class. Now if only ranger had a real shapeshifting elite...

I will give honorable mention to Deadeye. long range sniper, deadeye's mark so I don't get yanked up to my target anymore and it refreshes on kill? So good... and who expected a support build mixed in for thief?

Least is automatically Renegade, because I haven't liked Revenant from day one. And I tried to like it, I really did... it's so bad...

Archived