Obviously Aquatic Stance as implemented is one of the most useless skills in the game. I hit an enemy with it once, just to see what the animation looks like. I've never looked at it again.
Also, at the same time, weaver struggles in PvP in anything but a weak bunker role. In particular, repeated nerfs to our healing power over time have ironically forced us more into taking healing power, and tightened our dependency on water. I'd love it if Aquatic Stance were changed to be something like the following:
Aquatic Stance 5 sec, 15 sec cd
For the next 5 seconds, a percentage of all outgoing damage is converted into barrier. (Percentage would obviously be based on what seemed reasonably balanced).
Why would something like this be an improvement?
- It's a lot less boring than signet of restoration which everyone currently runs. You have to remember to activate it, and pick the best time to do so.
- It's a heal that allows elementalist to run a much lower healing build. In fact, because the barrier you gain is based on the damage you deal, it actively encourages the elementalist out of the healing stats and into the damage ones, without leaving them so weak they immediately crumble.
- It also doesn't actually heal, meaning the ele can still evade for a while, and pop up a little health from blasting water fields, but fights will have a definite end time to them based on attrition -- ideally, I think no PvP fight between any two players could ever go on forever -- attrition should always mean the fight will end at some point. As it is, if I'm fighting a weaver on a point we may as well both AFK until someone comes and +1s. If two weavers with this stance fought, the fight would be over soon, and your actions within it would be much more meaningful.
- It offers significant opportunity for counterplay, where signet offers none. See ele has stance up? Switch to ranged and kite, pop invuln, evade, block, etc, etc. This also means the ele in turn needs more skill to choose the right time to engage the ability.
- Better survival in group skirmishes, which, while not terrible, is not great especially if running damage stats.
(And yes, weaver should have cleanse on swiftness not regen and probably needs superspeed on polarity leap regardless of interrupt to really make water an option we can go without, but I think this change alone would make a big difference.)