Torch too much asked ?

FaboBabo.3581

Currently im not very happy with the Torch design , long cooldowns and the traited version adds 2 stacks of burn only, while reducing the cooldowns to a playable status.

I'd suggest reworking both skills. I'd Change the trait with torment on shatter trait and give it more strenght outside of its pure weapon use.

Shatters inflict burning.Torch skills reduced by 20%.

Is this too strong ? Cause i' d really like sustained burning

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Currently im not very happy with the Torch design , long cooldowns and the traited version adds 2 stacks of burn only, while reducing the cooldowns to a playable status.

I'd suggest reworking both skills. I'd Change the trait with torment on shatter trait and give it more strenght outside of its pure weapon use.

It is highly unlikely they will give Torch a second general cooldown reduction trait in the same trait line. This is even before considering that that trait line, again, already has a minor trait that reduces the cooldown of Phantasmal Mage.

Torch in general, especially when traited with The Pledge, is already a good AOE condition damage weapon. It doesn't help the Mesmer's overall effectiveness in pumping out AOE condition damage, but I think that's a separate discussion.

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Currently im not very happy with the Torch design , long cooldowns and the traited version adds 2 stacks of burn only, while reducing the cooldowns to a playable status.

It is highly unlikely they will give Torch a second general cooldown reduction trait in the same trait line. This is even before considering that that trait line, again, already has a minor trait that reduces the cooldown of Phantasmal Mage.

Torch in general, especially when traited with The Pledge, is already a good AOE condition damage weapon. It doesn't help the Mesmer's overall effectiveness in pumping out AOE condition damage, but I think that's a separate discussion.

Reread " ID CHANGE THE TRAIT WITH TORMENT TRAIT" not "ID DELETE TORMENT TRAIT FOR A SECOND TORCH TRAIT"

Edit ; me bad englisch me meant swap , me sorry i am

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

I think that FaboBabo meant they should swap places of Maim the Disillusioned and The Pledge (MtD would be adept, TP - master) and The Pledge would cause your shatters to inflict burning instead of giving additional burn stack to The Prestige and initial attack of iMage.

I think it would be kind of OP in pvp, as shatters would inflict 3 most dangerous pvp condis at once (confusion, torment, burning). I'm not very good at PvP tho so I might be wrong.

Oh shiat totally my bad here. Sry for beeing offensive : i tottally meant SWAPPING. Not Changing.

Well its nothing new to have all conditions avaible every 2 seconds. Mesmer is one of the candidates who should have it. While only confusion would have top tier stack. Burn and torment depend on ur illusions.

Look at other Torch skills and then look at mesmer torch skills... It Hurts.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:Look at other Torch skills and then look at mesmer torch skills... It Hurts.

I agree, but only in PvE. In PvP, I find mesmer's torch far more useful than any other profession's torch.But in PvE, yeah, it is underwhelming, but so are most mesmer weapons.

@atlashugged.7642 said:The only change I know I want is to revert the Torch Trait in illusions to give cooldown reduction based on time spent invisible.

In PVP, yes. But do not revert it in PVE, please. Don't kill pve torch again.

They seriously need to split pve/pvp balance already. Giving the same changes to all game modes doesn't work, never will.

Archived