Contesting while on Warclaw

banJelacic.4201

I think being on Warclaw should not make you able to capture/contest capturing object the same way being Stealthed does not make you able since Warclaw is much faster than player speed.Last night there was some guy on just running in circle on Warclaw while contesting a capture and since Warclaw is 54% faster than player (wiki says), I was not able to catch him being on my Scrapper.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thats what you get for running a bunker hammer scrapper, presumably.

A p/p or rifle scrapper should have no problems wearing down a mount forced to stay in circle range.

If it was a mobility thief or similar they would have been about as fast as the mount anyway.

Depends, which capture points? Alpine borderland's camps? Best to have numbers to surround the enemy or you're bound to be played around till you get them dismounted. Those camps have invisible walls all over, use the huts(cat and mouse circle around them) and any terrain advantage. Save your dodges especially if you're defending. Remember the enemy can't cc or slow your mount and you're faster. Delay for reinforcements or npc respawns. If the condition allows(eg. the enemy gets impatient using up cds ,enemy numbers accounted), engage to fight.

Edit: Works most of the time, but also depends on who you're up against, eg. :lol: Can't line of sight a perma stealth Deadeye or opponents that place down traps(rare).

Doubt it really matters which build I was playing, but it wasnt bunker Scrapper but was running zerk build with hammer...The next ally was guardian and he had hard time catching them as well...Similar thing happened when was on my Reaper two days ago and believe similar would happen if was playing Warrior since GS has mobility but those skills are easily dodgeable even if you put them in combat...So they can basically run around in circle for some with mount that is much faster than any profession that does not have some kind of teleport to target or has long range skills/weapon.

But nevertheless think they should either make mounts not be able to contest/cap objects or nerf their speed if in combat.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Well, thats what you get for running a bunker hammer scrapper, presumably.

A p/p or rifle scrapper should have no problems wearing down a mount forced to stay in circle range.

If it was a mobility thief or similar they would have been about as fast as the mount anyway.

While true, it's really neither here nor there. There is no good reason to allow capture contribution while mounted. It's just an annoyance. I'm surprised they haven't fixed this yet, but I imagine there is some sort of technical issue behind it.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:Agree, try to dismount player running in circles on north camp. No way, without range/condi preassureSo, no way except for the ways you just listed.

If you don't play a ranged or a condi class/build, then, indeed, NO WAY.If you suggest to change your build from melee power to ranged condi every time you go to capture a camp, then NO WAY, indeed.If you suggest to change your class only to capture a camp, then NO WAY, indeed.

Is not easier to not allow a mounted player to capture/contest an objective? Pretty much as stealth preventing a player to contest something?

No, let this „mechanic” be, until they make proper dismounting system, it should be abused. Mounts that have around half of player hp (~10-12k), with 3 dodges and immunity to any CCs in open world PvP...what couldve gone wrong, huh? And if you have so much problems with it, switch to some more mobile classes/ranged classes

People that are suggesting to switch to long ranged weapon or condi builds just to unmount a player to cap a camp have just eliminated half of the professions or build used in game...Lets better make this game one dimensional than easily fixing broken mechanics behind mounts in wvw...And if they are able to have some flag to tell them if player is stealthed so he is not able to contest capturing than they should be able to do the same with mounts.

And it is unfair advantage for a defender since they are coming to defend an object with 10-12k extra health since once you kill mount, a player is just knocked out with full health, so if you look at fully zerk thief or guard, their HP is doubled if they are mounted or not, while attacker is not able to mount a warclaw since is always in combat from fighting guards or defenders.If killing a mount knocked down a player with 20-30% less health or even better, downed an opponent would make everyone dismount before entering a combat and would make a fight more fair.

You know that saying about keeps "if you don't have enough to defend you don't deserve to keep it"? The same applies here, if you can't dismount some fool running around taunting you then you don't deserve his bag, end of story! Even when dismounting is a thing, if you can't kill the guy you've dismounted mid NC cap, then you don't deserve to keep your NC.

@Widmo.3186 said:No, let this „mechanic” be, until they make proper dismounting system, it should be abused. Mounts that have around half of player hp (~10-12k), with 3 dodges and immunity to any CCs in open world PvP...what couldve gone wrong, huh? And if you have so much problems with it, switch to some more mobile classes/ranged classes

Being range doesn't eliminate the problem, it just makes it 'possible'(not guranteed) to dismount the enemy. Alot of players thinks the warclaw just as a transport, but its far beyond that. Play it with the mindset of a character with 10k+ hp, 3 dodges and immune to all cc. If your mount still gets killed, worry not because you lost nothing while the opponent used something and its now on cd.

@banJelacic.4201 said:I think being on Warclaw should not make you able to capture/contest capturing object the same way being Stealthed does not make you able since Warclaw is much faster than player speed.Everything except necro should not be able to contest as everything can kite a necro for days in that circle.

Last night there was some guy on just running in circle on Warclaw while contesting a capture and since Warclaw is 54% faster than player (wiki says), I was not able to catch him being on my Scrapper.Ranged autoattacks ??? That animal has 10k HP, no armor, no heals, can't fight back - only 3 dodges.

Similar thing happened when was on my ReaperWhat? Did you play a GS + MH-Dagger build? That would be weird and mounts would be your least problem.

Go for axe or staff and you will dismount every player on a capture point within seconds.

@KrHome.1920 said:Ranged autoattacks ??? That animal has 10k HP, no armor, no heals, can't fight back - only 3 dodges.As I and others said, not every profession or build uses range weapon or range skills...

What? Did you play a GS + MH-Dagger build? That would be weird and mounts would be your least problem.Nope, I play Axe + Focus, but mounts are 54% faster than player without swiftness and have 3 dodges so they can get out of your range pretty fast...

Eramonster.2718 said:Being range doesn't eliminate the problem, it just makes it 'possible'(not guranteed) to dismount the enemy. Alot of players thinks the warclaw just as a transport, but its far beyond that. Play it with the mindset of a character with 10k+ hp, 3 dodges and immune to all cc. If your mount still gets killed, worry not because you lost nothing while the opponent used something and its now on cd.And as I mentioned above it is mostly because if this.Defenders will always have extra 10k HP advantage even if dont do absolutely anything while contesting but are mounted since once you kill their mount, they will have full HP all skills recharged, zero cooldowns while attacker needed to spend some skills to kill mount first.

Simple solution would be to make the capture circles smaller (like Pangloss size) instead of the size of the North Camp circle on the alpine boarderland. The size of the north camp circle is simple too large, a player can just run around the edge of it. Aside from the fact that the mount is faster than you are on foot, if it's their territory they move even faster. If you manage to catch up to them, they need only use a dodge to widen the gap again.

@"Hoon.1524" said:tl;dr... Playing the game the way I want is too hard ... please change it so I don't have to...

and you're just like "flavor of the month is to my advantage and everyone who disagrees just need to adapt cus you're bad" get real, man. Melee classes are screwed after mounts came to wvw and it has to change otherwise a big portion of players are helpless vs mounts.