[SUGGESTION] Debug command

Adding a command like /stuck @ or /debug @ could help a lot when an event or event's main character gets stuck in a loop. For example when Ogre Wars happen and they all just stand around, doing nothing, not spawning the pet houses. At that point you're basically f-ed. You can wait till there is a low enough population to get into a new instance. With a command like that it could be forced to restart from last status if in a time period no action happened there.

There is a /stuck command. In instances, (if you wait without doing anything), it will transport you to a 'safe' location. (I used it a lot during the game's first year, when teleports would frequently transport a memser into the scenery.) In the open world, it just records the location; you still have to waypoint (or F12 usually works, too).

/debugI don't see how that wouldn't be misused. If the game doesn't do a sanity check, then trolls would use it to interrupt completion of an event. And if the game could do a sanity check, those events wouldn't stall in the first place.

Besides which, it happens frequently that people report a stalled event chain, when actually, the game is waiting for players to do X, Y or Z.

I'm all in favor of the game doing a better job of dealing with problematic chains; I just don't agree that these tools are the best bang for the buck.

Archived