April 9 WvW changes

steki.1478

Random players:

WvW veterans want something new, but they get angry when Anet releases something new. You literally cant please them. Let's just add [insert random pve event here] in WvW, I'd certainly play WvW more if it had this.WvW veterans:
We want class balance, less skill lags, more incentive to win matchups (or play at all), better population organization among servers etc. Pve events = more lags, new blood leaves after a week or two once they get bored of new feature or once they get new shiny loot.
Anet (actual patch notes):
Gates and walls have had their damage mitigation normalized to the damage levels done to tier 1 (wood). All walls and gates should now take the same amount of damage from a siege attack.

Finally a useful patch. No more turtling inside t3 objectives behind 20 siege for hours, no more struggling to damage the walls as a small group for hours.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@steki.1478 said:Random players:

WvW veterans want something new, but they get angry when Anet releases something new. You literally cant please them. Let's just add [insert random pve event here] in WvW, I'd certainly play WvW more if it had this.WvW veterans:

We want class balance, less skill lags, more incentive to win matchups (or play at all), better population organization among servers etc. Pve events = more lags, new blood leaves after a week or two once they get bored of new feature or once they get new shiny loot.

Anet:

Gates and walls have had their damage mitigation normalized to the damage levels done to tier 1 (wood). All walls and gates should now take the same amount of damage from a siege attack.

Finally a useful patch. No more turtling inside t3 objectives behind 20 siege for hours, no more struggling to damage the walls as a small group for hours.

+1

@"steki.1478" said:Random players:

Anet (actual patch notes):

You have said what's happening in WvW.

You call that "WvW in a Nutshell"

@"Tinnel.4369" said:Scouts just got a whole lot more valuable. Time to give out those participation slots.

Not really.

As a competition the game mode is a joke, take this week and the scores as I write this, across all tiers of EU and NA there is just one matchup (T2 EU) where first and second are actually close, there are none where all three teams are close.

Most matchups are over before they even begin, "winning" is meaningless when the game mode is not meaningfully competitive, therefore a scout's time is of no value whether this change had happened or not.

@Sylosi.6503 said:

@"Tinnel.4369" said:Scouts just got a whole lot more valuable. Time to give out those participation slots.

Not really.

As a competition the game mode is a joke, take this week and the scores as I write this, across all tiers of EU and NA there is just one matchup (T2 EU) where first and second are actually close, there are none where all three teams are close.

Most matchups are over before they even begin, "winning" is meaningless when the game mode is not meaningfully competitive, therefore a scout's time is of no value whether this change had happened or not.

There is a competition....on who got the best stack

@Sylosi.6503 said:

Not really.

Why do all three need to be close to have competition? If you know something thousands of sporting organizations don't, you should clue them in so they can stop offering false competition.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"cobbah.3102" said:Well another stroke of brilliance by the team , how to kill a game mode. Would have made sense if pvd was not an option but forward thinking is a thing of the past I guessInb4 "no one ever complained about T2/3 keeps"?

So now trebuchet should be deleted no longer required so blob servers have no need to treb from smc continually.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@Tinnel.4369 said:Scouts just got a whole lot more valuable. Time to give out those participation slots.

Not really.

Why do all three need to be close to have competition? If you know something thousands of sporting organizations don't, you should clue them in so they can stop offering false competition.

WvW couldn't even get the top two close in 8 of 9 matches this week (which is typical), three is just a pipedream.

As for sports I am sure they will carry on fine, they can after all do the most basic of things needed for competition like have the same number of players on each team and have both teams on the field at the same time, WvW can't even do that, which is why no one sensible cares who wins and why scouts don't matter.

@Sylosi.6503 said:

@Tinnel.4369 said:Scouts just got a whole lot more valuable. Time to give out those participation slots.

Not really.

WvW couldn't even get the top two close in 8 of 9 matches this week (which is typical), three is just a pipedream.

As for sports I am sure they will carry on fine, they can after all do the most basic of things needed for competition like have the same number of players on each team and have both teams on the field at the same time, WvW can't even do that, which is why no one sensible cares who wins and why scouts don't matter.

Yet, every week there's hundreds of people....

@Tinnel.4369 said:

Not really.

Why do all three need to be close to have competition? If you know something thousands of sporting organizations don't, you should clue them in so they can stop offering
false competition.

You found the word i was looking for.