Skyscale mount [Merged]

Somehow I by chance find this link on eurogamer, and I thought maybe it was a april fool's joke that I somehow missed. But this guy is seen on the episode 6 teaser as well, so I think it's legit.

Link:

Apparently it's not fast like the griffon but can stick to walls and climb cliffs, etc.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale link to the article

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What!? They're finally adding a dragon mount!? :o =) :o

I'm torn between hyper-excitement, and wondering how on earth they're going to explain that given all the lore we have around dragons. (I guess it will involve them being a different species, like wyverns, but surely it would have come up at some point that there are other kinds of dragons in Tyria? Especially in what looks like a new bit of Elona.)

Honestly though, right now excitement is winning. I love dragons and the idea of getting to ride one in GW2, where I've had so much fun soaring across the maps on my griffon, is amazing.

Now for a personal dilemma: should I be honest with myself and dye it green, or wildly optimistic and dye it gold? Or go with fan service and some changes to my characters backstory and dye it blue because it's my favourite colour? (If you don't get the reference just take this as me rambling on about using GW2 as a replacement for a game I desperately want which will never happen.)

@"Randulf.7614" said:I need a new mouse with more buttons for all these mounts!

Looks cool though

Was thinking the same thing lol. I don't have a key bound to Warclaw since I only use it in WvW, but still.

Also, very cool to see the player riding that mount wielding Eclipse (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eclipse) one of the fan created weapon models they added a while back. Nice to see them supporting the player base.

@Nasty Nacho.5869 said:Already got 400g and 2k gems waiting if its legit :3

Spider Wyvern!Spider Wyvern!Does whatever a spider wyvern does!Can he swing from a web?

No he can'tHe's a wyvernLookout!He is the spider wyvern!!

Sorry i had too B)

as far as I know about how wyverns in all the western media I seen them, wyverns only have 2 legs, this has 4.

@Danikat.8537 said:What!? They're finally adding a dragon mount!? :o =) :o

I'm torn between hyper-excitement, and wondering how on earth they're going to explain that given all the lore we have around dragons. (I guess it will involve them being a different species, like wyverns, but surely it would have come up at some point that there are other kinds of dragons in Tyria? Especially in what looks like a new bit of Elona.)

Honestly though, right now excitement is winning. I love dragons and the idea of getting to ride one in GW2, where I've had so much fun soaring across the maps on my griffon, is amazing.

Now for a personal dilemma: should I be honest with myself and dye it green, or wildly optimistic and dye it gold? Or go with fan service and some changes to my characters backstory and dye it blue because it's my favourite colour? (If you don't get the reference just take this as me rambling on about using GW2 as a replacement for a game I desperately want which will never happen.)

Is that game a DragonLance MMO?

@Danikat.8537 said:What!? They're finally adding a dragon mount!? :o =) :o

Would you be a Dragonrider, perhaps? Maybe with a singular white dragon?

@Zaraki.5784 said:NIIIICE!!I'm always happy when we get a new mount :)I've only one thing against this news: why realeasing it from a third-party site (Eurogamer), instead of official Anet's channels?

They asked Linsey Murdock after Reezed about this flying thingy in the small teaser, she answered that this is the actual new mount. (read the article :) )

Also Anet is fine with giving third-party sites some videos, but if they were allowed to post it today, that means we'll get a trailer today.

@Randulf.7614 said:I need a new mouse with more buttons for all these mounts!

Looks cool though. I'll put enough for 2000 gems aside next payday in readiness for the skins...

You could keybind Alt versions of the keys you have setup for mounts to get the less used mounts. I had to do that with my old Nostromo N52 to fit the mounts on it. I'll probably unbind the Warclaw since it's only real use is in WvW. I have it on an alt shifted key currently. I may move the roller beetle to an alt shifted key since I don't use it as often as the other mounts.

The default mount key is tied to one of my mouse buttons. I have the griffon default in PvE and of course it reverts to warclaw in WvW. That excludes them from needing a dedicated keybind.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I need a new mouse with more buttons for all these mounts!

Looks cool though. I'll put enough for 2000 gems aside next payday in readiness for the skins...

You could keybind Alt versions of the keys you have setup for mounts to get the less used mounts. I had to do that with my old Nostromo N52 to fit the mounts on it. I'll probably unbind the Warclaw since it's only real use is in WvW. I have it on an alt shifted key currently. I may move the roller beetle to an alt shifted key since I don't use it as often as the other mounts.

The default mount key is tied to one of my mouse buttons. I have the griffon default in PvE and of course it reverts to warclaw in WvW. That excludes them from needing a dedicated keybind.

Yeah I've started doing control mouse button now. I like to keep everything within minimal hand movement, so it's either mouse button or x/c/v (I don't use v for dodge so that's freed up)

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

What!?
They're finally adding a
dragon mount
!? :o =) :o

Nope, Dragonriders of Pern. Female dragons in that series are either the smaller, more numerous greens or rarer golden 'queen' dragons, and because the person who genetically engineered them was a bit old fashioned women can only ride female dragons. (There was one exception in a later book, but I think that was mostly fan service since a lot of fan-run MUDs allowed female riders blue dragons because people really wanted them.)

There actually was a Pern game years ago, but it was terrible and very hard to get hold of (probably because it was terrible).

@Danikat.8537 said:

What!?
They're finally adding a
dragon mount
!? :o =) :o

Nope, Dragonriders of Pern. Female dragons in that series are either the smaller, more numerous greens or rarer golden 'queen' dragons, and because the person who genetically engineered them was a bit old fashioned women can only ride female dragons. (There was one exception in a later book, but I think that was mostly fan service since a lot of fan-run MUDs allowed female riders blue dragons because people really wanted them.)

There actually was a Pern game years ago, but it was terrible and very hard to get hold of (probably because it was terrible).

Ah, would have been second guess.

Archived