Are you interested in trying a no-rez week?

TheGrimm.5624

So we tried a no-downstate week, based on past polls it went reasonably well from the limited forum sampling. What about a no-rez week, if the player dies they are forced to respawn. What would this do?

• Give smaller groups reasons to hit bigger ones
  • Spread the player base as people have to run back
  • Make people have to decide do you pick them up else lose them
  • Give more reason to defend since defenders might be able to thin some people out and slow the otherside

Larger force would still have the edge but they couldn't just rez their side back up from a close victory. Thoughts, would you be interested in trying it?

Considering that mounts exist to let people get to action faster, this event wouldn't even do much.

I'd rather have a week of no insta-rez utility skills or just a permanent nerf to pre buffed state because those buffs weren't even needed in wvw.

I really enjoy the 'one week only' events so I'd be all for trying this one as well, but I think it goes against the general theme anet has for wvw. They have consistently made decisions that indicate they want players moving and fighting in squads, and they want to make it easy for individual players to identify the location of those squads and get to them quickly. It's a little frustrating from the perspective of a player who prefers to solo roam, but that's a me problem not a game problem . . .

So while I'd be for trying this -- and most other ideas -- on a weekly basis my guess is it would result in much slower blob movement which seems contrary to what I perceive to be anet's goals for the game mode . . .

@Dawdler.8521 said:Wait are we talking no ressing downed or no ressing dead or both?

The main problem with this is that the game wont be balanced for it and it will give a massive advantage to certain classes with revive skills or skills able to heal downed in smallscale.

Dead, if a toon dies their only option is to come back from spawn.

@steki.1478 said:Considering that mounts exist to let people get to action faster, this event wouldn't even do much.

I'd rather have a week of no insta-rez utility skills or just a permanent nerf to pre buffed state because those buffs weren't even needed in wvw.

Agree mounts take some of the bite out of this which is why I was curious on peoples' thoughts. Add in the new dismount abilities and these could balance well between zergs, havocs and roamers.

Archived