How to get ascended gear?

If you are just starting you can buy cheap exotics on the TP, either full zerk stats or drop in some knight or w/e the stat is that gives you toughness.

Best gear is all subjective but for me it's full marauders.

Laurels are time gated login rewards. Just login everyday and last reward select the laurel chest you can get like 20 laurels.

I really suggest you do living world to get maps like bloodstone fen, bitterfrost berry farm and just farm easy asc trinkets select-able stats or grind out WvW tickets and buy the asc trinkets there.

Hope that helps good luck.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:If you dont want the Legendary gear then D O N T buy ascended gear from the skirmish ticket vendor.

Everything there is crazy overpriced.

Crafting is alot cheaper.

You're not wrong. Some of the not quite legendary parts of the exclusive WvW gear is pretty great for mixing and matching though. WvW and PvP is criminally underrated for loot in general and the barrier for entry is basically nothing, which I love this game for.

But a lot of people seem very... self-segregating about it I guess? I dunno. I digress.

@MetalcoreRyan.8647 said:See I have one ascended weapon and all my trinkets and stuff I just need armor now just want to get the right mind I been focusing all on ferocity as you can see I'm still new and learning

As much zerker gear as you can possibly handle and as much sentinel (or soldier, I prefer the extra HP) gear as you need to survive. When you do mix and match put your more offensive stats (zerker) into your armor and weapons.

You can put sentinel/soldiers into your jewelery slots and maybe run a more defensive rune, depending on your playstyle. In this example I'd get one of the +10% max HP runes. You'll be a very beefy glassy thing that can do just about anything really.

The how is really just time or crafting. Save up those grandmaster marks you get from the pips. It's cheaper to make if you use those. If you keep doing WvW you're bound to get a few ascended armor or weapon chests as loot.

Start with your weapons when upgrading to ascended. Then armor. The weapons give more bang for their buck. Good luck out there.

If you want to avoid PVE/farming, Do the triumphant armor reward track 6 times for stat selectable exotic armor (maurader stats is a good bet). You can decide after that if you want to upgrade it to ascended then legendary.

Stat uplift isn't huge, so using exotics and spending the time in WvW getting combat experience is probably better for performance than pure gear acquisition.

Also recommending trying other professions in WvW, I switched recently from Rev to Ele, and am glad that I held off committing too much to heavy armor.

If you have access to Living Story Season 3, you can get ascended trinkets fairly easily; just farm unbound magic and run the wvw reward track for the map currency.

You can also use wvw tickets to get stat selectable ascended trinkets.

As for crafting, I would do weaponsmith first; ascended armor is a very low priority which doesn't help that much.

Also keep in mind exotic triumphant armor CANNOT be salvaged.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:

Also keep in mind exotic triumphant armor CANNOT be salvaged.triumphant armor can be salvaged, it's the armor from desert armor box [crystal desert reward track] that couldn't be salvaged
yodeling
BeEnNnNn....rRAyYmMooonnDDDD, let us salvage the crystal desert exo armor :P

Hmm, this is confusing then, since I think I have some Triumphant ones that can't salvaged, and the wiki says so too

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_armor

@ArchonWing.9480 said:

Also keep in mind exotic triumphant armor CANNOT be salvaged.triumphant armor can be salvaged, it's the armor from desert armor box [crystal desert reward track] that couldn't be salvaged
yodeling
BeEnNnNn....rRAyYmMooonnDDDD, let us salvage the crystal desert exo armor :P

Hmm, this is confusing then, since I think I have some Triumphant ones that can't salvaged, and the wiki says so too

That also says you cannot use in the forge which I am not sure is accurate either.

So I followed the link that @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" posted, which eventually takes you to the table below, showing the cost comparison between crafting certain stat combination gear vs buying from the fractal/PvP vendor, which I also assume includes the WvW vendor.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/Full_Armor_Table

In almost every case, the cost listed for fractal/PvP vendor is lower than that listed under crafting, yet I've seen repeated posts stating that buying armor from WvW costs more than crafting it.

What am I missing here?

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_armor

There may possibly have been a point in time I think when they might not have been, but were updated to let you. Only the desert armor box ones have remained same until now even after the clover change updates to them.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:So I followed the link that @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" posted, which eventually takes you to the table below, showing the cost comparison between crafting certain stat combination gear vs buying from the fractal/PvP vendor, which I also assume includes the WvW vendor.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/Full_Armor_Table

In almost every case, the cost listed for fractal/PvP vendor is lower than that listed under crafting, yet I've seen repeated posts stating that buying armor from WvW costs more than crafting it.

What am I missing here?

It's the non-gold costs that usually people comment about. All relevant vendors charge the same amount in coin & Grandmaster Marks. And they charge theoretically comparable amounts of account bound currencies. Looking at ascended light shoulders, those costs are:

• PvP: 150 ascended shards, 250 ordinary shards (~1.62 gold)
  • Fractal: 800 fractal relics, 24 research pages (bound)
  • WvW: 175 skirmish tickets, 250 memories of battle (15 gold)

Besides the ~10g extra per piece for WvW, you can only obtain at most 365 skirmish tickets per week, compared to 400 for completing the league season reward track and then 100 more per repeated Byzantium. (For fractals, the currency costs are mostly moot: those going for fractal titles are likely to get a decent number of ascended gear drops directly and those who aren't will earn plenty doing dailies each week.)

Or tl;dr it's both more expensive and more time consuming to get ascended for WvW (although I disagree with the contention that it's too hard or too expensive, it's fair to say it's easier & cheaper in PvP)

PS often people are misremembering or remembering how things were upon initial implementation. For example, at least 2x/month, sometimes more, I see people insisting that you should craft Hronk's (magi) ascended first then reforge to Zojja's stats, to save money. That hasn't been true since the initial few months. (It's useful in saving account-bound currency; it's not useful in saving gold.) In other words, people say a lot of things.

• 3 weeks later...

@"MetalcoreRyan.8647" said:So far I have gotten one ascended chest for armor in wvw I'm at rank 34 and I have made pants and a dagger ascended! And I have all ascended trinkets and rings. So all I need now is helmet gauntlets shoulders and boots!

Cool, keep cooking and eventually you will be asking yourself "what do I do with all these damned ascended loot boxes?". ;-)