Make Deadeye's Mark not require line of sight

Valar Dotalis.6409

It feels awful to get an obstructed Deadeye's Mark if your target walks around a corner during its cast time. Steal doesn't require line of sight to activate at all. Deadeye's Mark is already significantly worse than Steal due to its non-instant cast time and bad stolen abilities; it shouldn't be able to be obstructed.

@Curennos.9307 said:Making the cast time instant would go a long way towards making Deadeye usable, but not OP/too close to meta. It's bamboozling how Mark is so integral to DE, yet still so clunky and wimpy to use it makes me miss Steal.

lol, I have been saying the same thing since Day 1 of the expansion.

Steal should be staple to F1. The only addition is that Deadeye's Steal will apply the Mark and will not teleport when using a Rifle.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:Making the cast time instant would go a long way towards making Deadeye usable, but not OP/too close to meta. It's bamboozling how Mark is so integral to DE, yet still so clunky and wimpy to use it makes me miss Steal.

Steal should be staple to F1. The only addition is that Deadeye's Steal will apply the Mark and will not teleport when using a Rifle.

A thought - that, but add a minor trait that lets it teleport. Designing around the specific weapon of an elite spec is fine, but not to the exclusion of the other weapons. And I really hate the minor trait options (is it just me or are they all kind of awful except the top one, which is slightly less awful?)

@Curennos.9307 said:

A thought - that, but add a minor trait that lets it teleport. Designing around the specific weapon of an elite spec is fine, but not to the exclusion of the other weapons. And I really hate the minor trait options (is it just me or are they all kind of awful except the top one, which is slightly less awful?)

I think Mark should require line of site, no teleport, and should have no cast time. I like Malicious Intent, or I like that a stealth attack also refunds a Malice point but ya, the other two aren't even good in pve so I'm still using MI everywhere. My stupid suggestion would be to make one of the adept traits give Kneel a fast John Wick style knee slide with evade or something forward like 400 or 600 distance since our max range is always going to be iffy it seems.

Archived