SAB World 2 Zone 2 Bug - Disconnects on Eagle Shortcut and at End of Zone

I've been trying to get the achievements for "Honors in Applied Jumping" aka all assassins, baubles and hidden rooms in all levels. However, this feat has proven impossible. I have been using guides but obviously most of them are old, however that should not impact what happens.

I have been trying in World 2, Zone 2, the PAIN CLIFFS, to get all baubles, assassins and hidden rooms in the same run. Following the guide, I always got to the point after the teleportation devices. After that, I tried to suicide and go back to the eagle to pick up the rest of the baubles that I missed earlier. However, every time I suicide under those circumstances and in that spot (right before the checkpoint without the checkpoint activated), I get disconnected.

Afterwards, I have tried for multiple days in a row to run World 2 in normal mode for the daily chests and each time I got disconnected while using the Eagle shortcut, which worked just fine before.

Since this has been happening in the same cirucmstances multiple times now, I am 100% sure it's not my internet, and it always crashes at the exact same point, leaving me almost at the end but unable to get the achievements.

It seems like a game breaking, very disruptive bug, if it is reproducable.

@"AJBlack.1520" said:I've been trying to get the achievements for "Honors in Applied Jumping" aka all assassins, baubles and hidden rooms in all levels. However, this feat has proven impossible.

You can watch Dulfy's video, all Assassins are shows there (some are hidden and not along any of the usual routes).

After that, I tried to suicide and go back to the eagle to pick up the rest of the baubles that I missed earlier. However, every time I suicide under those circumstances and in that spot (right before the checkpoint without the checkpoint activated), I get disconnected.

Have you tried a repair of your game client yet?

@Ashantara.8731 said:@AJBlack.1520: Just heard in-game that the DC issue in W2Z2 is a bug many are currently facing, so I assume (and hope) ANet is going to fix it before the end of the festival.

Perhaps rename your thread and add the info. DCs occur when using the Shortcut Eagle and during end-of-zone teleporting, as you described.

Thank you for the info! I've renamed my post accordingly.

@Ashantara.8731 said:Has it been fixed? Because I am currently playing that zone in Trib Mode and the teleporters seem to be working just fine.

I can confirm the bug is still there in infantile mode at least. Also, the teleporters work, the issue is afterwards. If you die before activating the checkpoint after the teleporters (e.g. jump down the ledge) you get DCed.

Archived