Unable to verify Guild Wars 2 executable

After logging out for the second update on April 9th, I got the following notice:**Guild Wars 2Unable to verify Guild Wars 2 executable. Please try again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application, or contact customer support.http://support/guildwars2.com/

**The problem persisted. I eventually followed the instructions and uninstalled, completely removing all GW2 directories after uninstalling. When I attempted to reinstall, I got the following notice:**Guild Wars 2Unable to verify Guild Wars 2 executable. Please try again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application, or contact customer support.http://support/guildwars2.com/**There is no Guild Wars 2 executable to verify apart from whatever the Gw2Setup-64.exe is supposed to install. I had been playing Gw2 daily for 6.5 years, and missed like one day... and I am now totally locked out from the game from a minor bug fix patch 9 hours after an update that ran without a problem. I submitted a ticket yesterday and sent in my dxdiag, but just waiting in the face of such a nonsense error doesn't seem sufficient. It also bodes as an inglorious end to my Gw2 days, having been perpetually stuck playing on a potato.

I have the same problem .

Was playing last night EU time zone , today attempt to log in same 'Unable to verify Guild Wars 2 executable. Please try again. If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the application, or contact customer support.'

Old vista machine.

Any help appreciated thanks

Check your Guild Wars 2 folder for a ~30 MB file named Gw2.tmp or Gw2.### and rename it to Gw2.exe/Gw2-64.exe. If you don't have the game installed, Gw2Setup-64.exe uses the %temp% folder, or you can just rename Gw2Setup-64.exe to Gw2-64.exe and place it where you want it.

Alternatively, download Gw2-64.exe (or Gw2.exe) direct from the patch server and replace your current one. Note that these links are only valid for the current build (96209), so for future reference, replace the last number in the URL with the second number from 64-bit (or 32-bit).

Using the Gw2-64.tmp file that unpacked with the installer to replace the Gw2-64.exe in the installer worked.

I thought I tried that trick with the previous install, before uninstalling, but it didn't seem to work. The old installation might have had other problems or I might have just messed it up. It is all fresh and working now.

Thanks.

Archived