Most convenient/QoL items in the gem store?

Daxter.7364

I recently bought the ultimate PoF and received 4,000 gems, 800 of which went into buying a copper-fed salvage-o-matic and I realized I've been playing the game wrong without it. So I was wondering if there were other items that are provide utmost convenience. I'm currently eyeing the Mistlock Sanctuary passkey before it is removed, although I think the PvP lobby is just as convenient. I know some people are going to suggest infinite tools but I'm thinking I should wait until the unbound tools are back since they have a fast animation + extra unbound magic.All suggestions are welcome.

@Myrdreth.6829 said:

• Mistlock Sanctuary passkey
  • bag slot expansion
  • bank tab expansion
  • shared inventory slots
  • Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic '
  • Home Portal Stone
  • permanent harvesting tools (but you already know which one you want anyway) :)

Would you mind telling me which item(s) I should prioritize getting?

The mistlock sanctuary passkey is a must-have in my opinion. And it's not always in the gem shop, so get it while it's still there. The home portal stone is really convenient for daily home node farming and you can always reach town without spending money. Both of those items are great because you can go back to your old destination. I always use my home portal stone when I need to use the loo or if I need to get the phone or whatever to go afk :) And when I come back I just teleport back to my old destination.

Then I would choose a permanent harvesting tool. You will never have to worry about running out of harvesting tools and needing to get new ones.

If you don't already have unlocked all your bag slots I would do that next. More bag space is soooo convenient because you can play longer without worrying about full bags. And then I would choose between more bank tabs if you need more space to store items or shared inventory space. I LOVE my shared inventory space!! Especially if you have more than one character.

Items I store in my shared inventory space so every character of mine can use them:

• Mystic Forge Conduit
  • Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
  • Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
  • My 3 Permanent harvesting tools
  • bank access express
  • trading post express
  • revive orb
  • repair kit
  • and all of my portal stones(home portal, living world portal tome, royal terrace, captain's airship, lava lounge, mistlock sanctuary, lily of elon, teleport to friend)

And last I would get the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic when it's availabe again. You already have the copper-fed one, so you can wait with that one :)

Yesterday I helped someone like you,Definitly

• Copper Salvage-o-matic (800gems(if I remember correctly))
  • Account Start jump (2000 gems)
  • and the unlimited harvesting tools (the 3 for 2400gems)

The silver salvage-o-matic is kinda... meh.

http://i.imgur.com/dOxfggH.png

But feel free to buy it if you really want, but I personnaly feel like it's not good enough and stick with the copper one.

Unlimited Harvesting tools (when on sale)Bank tabs (when on sale!!)Extra Bags (only if you are having a hard time with inventory on your char)Shared Inventory slots (buy in bulk and/or wait for sale, I have almost all that I can have and they are filled)Silver-o-matic (no I don't have the copper one, didn't want to mix up when salvaging :) which is what I would do)One of the portal stone/scrolls to take you somewhere that you have quick access to banks, merchs, etc. (Personally I very rarely use the one I have and the home portal stone that I have but it's nice to have since you also usually get a teleport to any other race's home city)Extra Char slots -- only if on sale and I feel like adding another one, usually not since I now have one of each profession.(for me I also seem to cave on mini's when they go on sale, lol, usually half off when they do)

Those are the ones that I find important and in that order for me. Everyone is different in how they play so it will be different for everyone as to what they consider most important to have

As for best, you've already said it. In my mind nothing makes a bigger difference than Copper-fed Salvage in a Shared Inventory slot.

The rest will depend on playstyle a bit. Your plan is really solid, to that I'd add:Do you play multiple charaters? Bulk-buy Shared Inventory! For salvage, tools, keys, passes, whatever.Do you stick entirely to one character? Grab bag slots, bigger inventory is always nice.

Copper Fed Salvage, Mistlock Sanctuary and 2 Shared inventory spaces for those. (If you had a free level 80 boost character with HoT and PoF you will get those shared inventory spaces once you use the boost tokens.) Otherwise, you get them with gems.

Next, an Everlasting gather/axe/mining pick set.

Then save your gems for when you run out of bank space or need bag slots opened on characters.

@Myrdreth.6829 said:The mistlock sanctuary passkey is a must-have in my opinion. And it's not always in the gem shop, so get it while it's still there. The home portal stone is really convenient for daily home node farming and you can always reach town without spending money. Both of those items are great because you can go back to your old destination. I always use my home portal stone when I need to use the loo or if I need to get the phone or whatever to go afk :) And when I come back I just teleport back to my old destination.

Then I would choose a permanent harvesting tool. You will never have to worry about running out of harvesting tools and needing to get new ones.

If you don't already have unlocked all your bag slots I would do that next. More bag space is soooo convenient because you can play longer without worrying about full bags. And then I would choose between more bank tabs if you need more space to store items or shared inventory space. I LOVE my shared inventory space!! Especially if you have more than one character.

Items I store in my shared inventory space so every character of mine can use them:

• Mystic Forge Conduit
  • Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
  • Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic
  • My 3 Permanent harvesting tools
  • bank access express
  • trading post express
  • revive orb
  • repair kit
  • and all of my portal stones(home portal, living world portal tome, royal terrace, captain's airship, lava lounge, mistlock sanctuary, lily of elon, teleport to friend)

And last I would get the Silver-Fed Salvage-o-Matic when it's availabe again. You already have the copper-fed one, so you can wait with that one :)

I already have the Lily of the Elon pass, do I need to also get the Mistlock Sanctuary passkey?

Take a look at this thread:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/171598

A lot of people answer your question about the mistlock sanctuary there :)

I have a access to a lot of those special places, but mistlock sanctuary is by far the most useful in my opinion.

• Royal Terrace: Great for events like wintersday with instant port to Divinitys Reach.
  • Havoc's Heir airship: I love the ability to fly above Gendarran Fields. That's it. The ship is boring.
  • Lava Lounge: Great location in Ember Bay in my opinion.
  • Lily of Elon: Beautiful special area with lots of place. Feels refreshing to be here. I just really love the design.
  • mistlock sanctuary: Everything is placed near each other, you can port back to your last location, Nova launch is useful and floating through the air is so much fun. Oh, and there's a mini game in there too! And the music is lovely here.

In my opinion it's really convenient and better than the Lily of Elon passkey. But you alone should know if you think it's worth the gems :)

I'll add my voice to the "copper / silver-fed salvage-o-matics in shared inventory slots." NOTHING will improve your quality of life more than that. No more full bags, no more endless trips to vendors to clear my inventory, no more constantly running out of salvage kits and having to buy more, or messing around with the Mystic Toilet to make the 250-charge ones.

Archived