FPS question (Especially in WvW, Blob-fights)

erKo.9586

Hello!

I have a pretty good computer and a really nice internet-connection. Even so Im pretty much at 50-60 FPS in Gw2, meanwhile in PUBG, WoW and other MMO's I have much better FPS, and thats when I play on high settings aswell.

In gw2 I play on middle settings and have bad FPS in my opinion.

Are there any settings that I've missed or something else that can make the FPS better?When Im in a blob and meeting another blob it feels like im drunk playing, everything goes so slow.

Thanks! :)

Character model limit, reflections, and shadows are the only things that really make a meaningful difference. Mostly Everything else is more or less just a placebo due to the outdated game engine.

I also turn on Effect LOD, to avoid going blind. Some people like it because they can see more things to avoid, but not me.

Silly question but are you sure that your computer uses your high performance graphic card, and not the on board one? GW2 has an interesting problem on some computers that prevents the usage of high performance ones automatically. I experienced the same thing when I got the game years ago, and again when I bought a new computer. You can select the high performance one by default to prevent this problem. Also limiting fps helps the insane spikes.Again, sorry if it is a silly one.

Have you tried emailing Anet and asking them to update from the prehistoric DX9 engine to a more modern DX12 or even DX11 engine?

DX9 is more CPU intensive than GPU.That is why you can have a GTX 2080Ti and you will not see much improvement in FPS.

The game engine is too old. The devs wanted the game to be able to be played on most computers, but that was back in 2007!!!!Sure back in 2007 most GPUs on the market supported DX9.0cBut even then DX9 was already 5 years old!By 2012 when GW2 was released DX11 had been released for 3 years!PC equipment was comparatively a lot cheaper, meaning more people upgraded their PCs to DX11 supported cards.

But if you were around when the game launched the devs said DX11 support would be added within 6 months.Well 7 years later and we are still on DX9.0cA game engine which is now upto 16 years old!

Would you use a computer from 16 years ago today?!Welcome to 56k is what I have to say to that!And we all know we would NEVER want to go back to that!

Hell even the DX12 mod thing has been done by a someone in the GW community, not the devs themselves!I guess all those abandoned projects were more important than improving GW2.Money well spent by Anet!

Thanks for your replies!

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Character model limit, reflections, and shadows are the only things that really make a meaningful difference. Mostly Everything else is more or less just a placebo due to the outdated game engine.

I also turn on Effect LOD, to avoid going blind. Some people like it because they can see more things to avoid, but not me.

I did lower these settings and it helped alot, the FPS went from 60 to around 95, I haven't had a full blob vs blob yet tho, I will have to see the result when that happens. Ty :)

Archived