Thanks for current events

hugo.4705

Very cool, rifts popping everywhere transporting players into another dimension... the shield mechanic with shards is a great idea. Reminds me the good ol' days with molten/toxic invasions and aetherblades all around tyria. That's it. Keep up the good work.

The only missing is surely the usual current event tab with the yellow star, top right of your screen.

I like that the event spawns every 10minutes across multiple maps, meaning it's very easy to participate in the event.

The only criticism I have for it is that the rewards are practically non-existent. I get it that the fight lasts about 2 minutes, so what do you expect lol, but whenever I fight off one of Joko's invasion parties, I walk away with a reasonable amount of loot. Once I'm done with the achievement, I see exactly no reason to ever bother going into these rifts again as it would just be a waste of time (2 mins lol), where as I will always drop what I'm doing and charge to an awakened portal opening up.

I found the co fusing mechanic for rewarding the collection a bit annoying. It was inconsistent which map rewarded what and the rotation changed daily anyway.

The event was fun though. I like that it is doable with such a small number. I’m less keen on the mixing of timelines, but I can live with it

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I like that the event spawns every 10minutes across multiple maps, meaning it's very easy to participate in the event.

The only criticism I have for it is that the rewards are practically non-existent. I get it that the fight lasts about 2 minutes, so what do you expect lol, but whenever I fight off one of Joko's invasion parties, I walk away with a reasonable amount of loot. Once I'm done with the achievement, I see exactly no reason to ever bother going into these rifts again as it would just be a waste of time (2 mins lol), where as I will always drop what I'm doing and charge to an awakened portal opening up.

I agree with this.

There could be a little more (i.e. ANY) guidance to the event. If someone didn't know this event was put into the game, they might never know it was there. I knew it was there and still had to ask someone how to find it or where to start. No in game mail talking about rifts, or hints on what maps to check. No map wide indicator where or when the portal spawns.

At best I would have to notice the new collection achievement, realize it was new, and look into it for map hints (which still wouldn't give me a time or location--good thing they are every 10min).

@JDub.1530 said:There could be a little more (i.e. ANY) guidance to the event. If someone didn't know this event was put into the game, they might never know it was there.

Honestly, that's been a problem in the game forever and it has gotten better over time. But I think they could do even better. Remember the Shiverpeaks refuges way back? I had no clue what to do because there were no hints so I had to reach for an external site/guide. Oh wait, I still do! But then again, the scavenger hunt has always been part of the GW fun.

@hugo.4705 said:Very cool, rifts popping everywhere transporting players into another dimension...

I'm a sucker for such stuff. Glad there will be more of it in the future. :+1:

@"user does exist.6483" said:Only need to find one of them, then the cycle takes you through all of them.

Not necessarily, as there is a timer connected to the target locations. If you want to do the full cycle mentioned at Dulfy's, you better hop on the right map. :)

The timer specifies the location for which a new rifstalker instance will put a player at it's conclusion. Any instance created inside of each 10 minute interval will put the player at the specified destination on conclusion. It does not matter from where or when a player enters an instance once created.

You can not completely control if you enter an instance that started in the previous 10 minute interval or the current interval. If a low player count instance carries over into the next interval long enough, some players from the new round of open world events will be added to the old instance, and upon conclusion be returned to the world based on when the instance started, instead of when the instance was entered. However, the game will try to back fill any leftover instances before creating new one, so, if you want to ensure an instance for the current interval, don't be the first one in.

If you get put in an old and undesirable instance, you may be able to find another map where the rift entry event is still active to enter a fresh instance with the desired exit. But you are left to the whims of the megaserver to put you in an open world instance with a still active entry event.

The branded Riftstone can create a new rift instance, if there are no available instances when it is used. It will then have the exist set based on when the riftstone was used. For example, if you use a branded riftstone at X:09. It will likely create a new instance for the interval starting at X:00, and you will be alone in it. However, at X:10, new open world entrances will appear and the first to enter from there will be placed in your instance. These people might be annoyed that they got put on an 'old' instance and get the wrong item/exit at the end ?‍♀️. I figured this out the hard way, after also joining an 'old' instance but getting a rifstone from it :confounded: then using it.

My only real complaint is that it's the exact same fight in every portal. Same boss mob, same mechanics.

If each portal had some variation it would be better. Different boss skins, or slightly different mechanics for each one, or even have a randomized pool of what spawns.

@Klipso.8653 said:My only real complaint is that it's the exact same fight in every portal. Same boss mob, same mechanics.

If each portal had some variation it would be better. Different boss skins, or slightly different mechanics for each one, or even have a randomized pool of what spawns.

I guess it comes down to scope, they probably didnt have the budget and time, the festival team have so much on their plate and it probably a tiny team.

@Klipso.8653 said:I can't even find them :(

They spawn every 10 minutes on several maps. Once you've entered one portal, done the event, and exit, you'll be moved to the same place as every other player who did the event (no matter where their portal was). That means you can shit talk with everyone, which let's face it is the true interest of the event :p

Btw, I don't why this thread is shown as a question, weird. I think it's a new bug appeared on the forums. (I'm using mobile version) several normal discussion threads are shown as answered question thread.

Yeah the fight is quite repetitive, same boss everytime, but it's okay, they got layoffs and I'm happy to have current events.

Archived