Some general new Rev questions

Zexanima.7851

How good is Rev at soloing group content (bounties, fractals, dungeons)? What kind of builds would be good for this?

Who are some good sPvP/WvW roaming players to learn from?

Are there any good power renegade builds? I don't have good condi gear yet and wanted to get use to renegade.

Where would I use Demon Stance? It seems like a condi/condi-hate legend but other than for some extra stacks of torment/confusion what is it good for?

Bounties are fairly easy, but it depends on the bounty, you'll want to adapt your legends and switch in Ventari if there's a lot of ranged pressure and/or you want extra condition cleansing, etc. Fractals are also fairly easy, but it again depends on the Fractal. Dungeons are just easy. I'd go with a mixed build with a bit more Condition Damage over Power personally, basically leaning more towards conditions. Make sure you typically use a ranged weapon in your set.

I don't really know, since I don't tend to seek out those kinds of videos too much. I only stumble over a few now and again. Just use the search function on YouTube and check a few out. I know there's a fun guy that has an Obelix looking (and named) Norn fella that uses Ventari in WvW, I like that guy at least. Off-meta is just more entertaining to watch than the 100th Power Glint/Shiro Sword/Sword Herald. Met him in a WvW matchup too, super chill fella.

You can use Power with Renegade, sure. Just use general DPS Traits, Runes, Sigils — stuff that you already use. I think it shines a bit more with conditions, but it's still okay with Power. I personally, for general content and WvW, prefer a slightly mixed stats combination as mentioned above.

Mallyx you can use everywhere. The Elite boosts your stats by 10% and is a crucial part of Condition Damage builds' PvE DPS rotation, in WvW(/PvP) the boon strip of Banish Enchantment is handy too. You can also trait for UA applying more Torment with Abyssal Chill, and you can cause the Elite to burst out some Burn with Diabolic Inferno. These things are obviously more for a Condition build granted. The Chill of UA and radius is also a decent way to create some space for yourself and/or get damage on to a larger number of enemies. Oh, and Pain Absorption can be a godsend in World vs. World if you run with a Commander (and sometimes when you roam).

@Zexanima.7851 said:

1. How good is Rev at soloing group content (bounties, fractals, dungeons)? What kind of builds would be good for this?
  2. Who are some good sPvP/WvW roaming players to learn from?
  3. Are there any good power renegade builds? I don't have good condi gear yet and wanted to get use to renegade.
  4. Where would I use Demon Stance? It seems like a condi/condi-hate legend but other than for some extra stacks of torment/confusion what is it good for?

Short(ish) answers to short questions... Happy Rev'ing.

1) Herald is one of the--if not the--strongest solo class in the game due to it's ability to generate permanent 25 might/fury/prot/regen, instantly break any bar, hide behind i-frames, and its ability to do a full hp reset every 30 seconds.

2) This is a bad answer, but yourself. There are some okay videos to watch (akaCryptic's guides are solid, detailed, and really beginner friendly--although a little dated), but they honestly only help so much... Rev in competitive game modes is more about your ability and learning what works for you. What works with Rev for top players might not necessarily be best for you and knowing that comes from experience.

3) Power Renegade is okay, but not great. If you were doing dps, you would use the standard full Zerker/Scholar/Force/Impact... But that's not really a desirable choice for end game groups. Meta builds involving pRen are mostly for fractals and use full Diviner's gear, but this is played with a support first and dps second mindset.

4) Condi Renegade uses Mallyx heavily in it's rotation to generate extra condis (especially via associate traits.) It's also used by Diviner Renegade in Fractals to counter the No Pain/No Gain instability since it has a spammable 3-boon removal skill. Historically, it was a meta choice in WvW zerg play and GvG for it's spammable group resistance--but the mass-scourge-mass-breaker-mass-boonrip of the current WvWscape has made this a less effective and not at all reliable strategy.

@narcx.3570 said:

1. How good is Rev at soloing group content (bounties, fractals, dungeons)? What kind of builds would be good for this?
  3. Are there any good power renegade builds? I don't have good condi gear yet and wanted to get use to renegade.
  4. Where would I use Demon Stance? It seems like a condi/condi-hate legend but other than for some extra stacks of torment/confusion what is it good for?

1) Herald is one of the--if not the--strongest solo class in the game due to it's ability to generate permanent 25 might/fury/prot/regen, instantly break any bar, hide behind i-frames, and its ability to do a full hp reset every 30 seconds.

2) This is a bad answer, but yourself. There are some okay videos to watch (akaCryptic's guides are solid, detailed, and really beginner friendly--although a little dated), but they honestly only help so much... Rev in competitive game modes is more about your ability and learning what works for you. What works with Rev for top players might not necessarily be best for you and knowing that comes from experience.

3) Power Renegade is okay, but not great. If you were doing dps, you would use the standard full Zerker/Scholar/Force/Impact... But that's not really a desirable choice for end game groups. Meta builds involving pRen are mostly for fractals and use full Diviner's gear, but this is played with a support first and dps second mindset.

4) Condi Renegade uses Mallyx heavily in it's rotation to generate extra condis (especially via associate traits.) It's also used by Diviner Renegade in Fractals to counter the No Pain/No Gain instability since it has a spammable 3-boon removal skill. Historically, it was a meta choice in WvW zerg play and GvG for it's spammable group resistance--but the mass-scourge-mass-breaker-mass-boonrip of the current WvWscape has made this a less effective and not at all reliable strategy.

I disagree with the first point. Renegade is by far the best solo Revenant legend. It also breaks bars, health regen from lifesteal and the heal also major burst damage on small cooldowns. NPCs are stupid in this game so can easily be exploited. Just making that clear we talking about pve not pvp.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

I disagree with the first point. Renegade is by far the best solo Revenant legend. It also breaks bars, health regen from lifesteal and the heal also major burst damage on small cooldowns. NPCs are stupid in this game so can easily be exploited. Just making that clear we talking about pve not pvp.

I've been finding Renegade to be more difficult for soloing content but maybe that's just from lack of experience. I have to keep track of my summons and make sure they wont get rekt when I place them but also not place them too far away from the action. If the enemy moves around a lot they just become useless. I'm also just running power renegade instead of condi due to lack of proper condi gear so that probably also has something to do with it.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

I haven't tried it with Ren, so I can't say for sure... But I can't imagine solo'ing something like Arah would be easier with it than it is with Herald?