Thief Trait Recommendations and Suggestions

Crab Fear.1624

Make Initiative 15 baseline, recommended changes to Preparedness in list belowSkills were nerfed by increasing cost to initiative. Both our weapons share one initiative pool, and many require special conditions to start being effective. Most thieves are two pump chumps and normally we don't even have enough gas to get out of town after our wet noodle fails to go through double protection, weakness, and face melting condi fest.

Acrobatics:

• Vigorous Recovery – Gain vigor when using a healing skill (10s).Kind of redundant when followed by Feline Grace (Gain vigor upon successfully evading an attack (5s)). Worst of these Major Adepts, who would pick it over Instant Reflexes or Pain Response? I suggest gain 25 energy and 2 initiative when you heal.

Trickery:

• Burst of Agility – Use Lesser Haste when attacking a foe from behind or the side (Lesser Haste(Trick), gain quickness (6s), fury(6s), and swiftness(6s), breaks stun.Not really seeing the point of break stun, remove that. Reduce quickness to 3 seconds. Reduce recharge to 30 seconds. Let it stay trick classification.

• Preparedness - Increased Maximum initiative by 3.I suggested making 15 initiative baseline, so perhaps change Preparedness to add 120 precision, or remove a condition on a successful steal, prioritize blind, weakness.

• Quick Pockets – Gain initiative on swapping weapons while in combat (Initiative: 3)There is no boosting trait for short bow, so I suggest that Quick Pockets give 3 initiative for weapon swap, or 5 initiative when swapping to short bow, Infiltrator's Arrow reduced to 5 initiative cost when taking this trait.

Shadow Arts:

• Shadow Protector - When you grant stealth to an ally, they gain regeneration.Suggest adding regeneration you apply is 20% more effective or 10%, +120 healing power

I feel that changes like these can make thief more effective without being over the top power creep. Just kind of opens up options for us instead of a must take trait line. But, I could be imagining the wrong idea, and well....

Anyways, fellow thieves and thief hating patrol, thought?

• 2 weeks later...

Unhindered Combatant nerf should be reverted and all exhaustion removed because of skill and traits like these:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crystal_Configuration:_Zephyrhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dolyak_Stance

Not to mention that the using classes of these have more health, more sustain, and better damage output.

I know you “felt” that daredevils had to much escape potential, but it’s not right or the case anymore.

You have given almost everyone some form of movement inhibitors and easy access to it.

There is no good reason for any of the auto attack nerfs you have made over the last 2.5 years. Practical thief builds don’t tend to build up 25 might, but other classes can do this in META builds.

Lowering our damage on auto attack when many of the other skills are highly telegraphed or situational is very unfair because thieves also share two weapons on one initiative pool.

I think everyone else has enough passives, sustain, and bang, that most of the nerfs you have handed out do not make sense anymore.

I am not gonna class swap. I do not want to play anything else. Getting outplayed is fine, getting "out balanced" is not.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Make Initiative 15 baseline, recommended changes to Preparedness in list belowSkills were nerfed by increasing cost to initiative. Both our weapons share one initiative pool, and many require special conditions to start being effective. Most thieves are two pump chumps and normally we don't even have enough gas to get out of town after our wet noodle fails to go through double protection, weakness, and face melting condi fest.

Acrobatics:

• Vigorous Recovery – Gain vigor when using a healing skill (10s).Kind of redundant when followed by Feline Grace (Gain vigor upon successfully evading an attack (5s)). Worst of these Major Adepts, who would pick it over Instant Reflexes or Pain Response? I suggest gain 25 energy and 2 initiative when you heal.

Trickery:

• Burst of Agility – Use Lesser Haste when attacking a foe from behind or the side (Lesser Haste(Trick), gain quickness (6s), fury(6s), and swiftness(6s), breaks stun.Not really seeing the point of break stun, remove that. Reduce quickness to 3 seconds. Reduce recharge to 30 seconds. Let it stay trick classification.

• Preparedness - Increased Maximum initiative by 3.I suggested making 15 initiative baseline, so perhaps change Preparedness to add 120 precision, or remove a condition on a successful steal, prioritize blind, weakness.

• Quick Pockets – Gain initiative on swapping weapons while in combat (Initiative: 3)There is no boosting trait for short bow, so I suggest that Quick Pockets give 3 initiative for weapon swap, or 5 initiative when swapping to short bow, Infiltrator's Arrow reduced to 5 initiative cost when taking this trait.

Shadow Arts:

• Shadow Protector - When you grant stealth to an ally, they gain regeneration.Suggest adding regeneration you apply is 20% more effective or 10%, +120 healing power

I feel that changes like these can make thief more effective without being over the top power creep. Just kind of opens up options for us instead of a must take trait line. But, I could be imagining the wrong idea, and well....

Anyways, fellow thieves and thief hating patrol, thought?

Hard no on the shortbow changes. Shortbow 5 is already the biggest problem thief faces, and this makes it even more busted.

Archived