PvP in GW2 is like my fridge

Fortus.6175

I keep opening it, knowing that probably nothing has changed since the last 5 minutes [months in Anet time] I last checked.

Near unkillabled bunkers with braindead skillsets? Check.Classes that can delete you in literally 2 buttons. Check. https://imgur.com/7XieoAe (i dont care if it is "balanced" or not,16k x 2, 1500 units away AND from stealth is not healthy)You get to certain rank and can't progress further without premades or cheese builds. Check. https://imgur.com/fGbjgowMirage is still as annoying as always. Check.Sw/D thief and shiro still eat most squishy classes thanks to unblockables and 1200 teleports that ignore LoS. CheckSoulbeasts, spellbreaker and holo still have insane sustain for how much damage they do. CheckSpellbreaker still the best sidenoder next to mirage. CheckBeing constantly matched agaisnt premades? Check. https://imgur.com/F0VrrUg

Not sure why I keep going at it, but every time my expectations go lower, yet somehow I get disappointed every. single. time.

When will we get a proper PvP balance effort? When will we get some matchmaking changes (seriously, AT are for premades, ranked soloQ should be SOLOQ only).

Cmon Anet, you have the best MMO combat system out there, unmatched by just about any other game, yet you are letting the mode go to waste. I know PvP doesnt sell gems, but I guarantee you, on the long run it will help to have a functional mode.

I would also add

„Ele still in dead place, keeps receiving nerfs although noone really requested any of themCheck”

But yeah, i agree with most of those statements. I left PvP long time ago and I keep having fun in WvW roaming/dueling other people. No care for nodes, only pure PvP. Unbalanced things of course still exist (like boonbeast and holo), but I think are less noticable.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:Cmon Anet, you have the best MMO combat system out there, unmatched by just about any other game...

You know people say the same thing in BDO, ESO, etc. You know what else is the same, the PvP is bad, one day people will learn if you want good PvP then don't play an MMORPG.

I have never played ESO, but speaking of BDO, most important thing in this game is gear. You need to grind exp, then grind items, then grind upgrades, t h e n eventually start PvPing. In gw2 everyone has same gear during PvP (even in WvW, low budget exotics and average budget ascended difference is not so noticable) so its far easier to balance things in GW2 than in BDO. The problem is that ANet after gw1 turned into PvE-dragonkilling-childishfriendlystuff-industry and doesnt care about PvP

@Lunia.2736 said:Don't forget the guy kitten talking you in a game against two premades even though you have the most defenses, revives and damage in that last image.

I have learned that the best thing you can do towards those people is to not entertain them. I let him run his/her mouth, in the hopes that one day they will retrospect in life and realize taht maybe, just maybe, they were the problem. Sure, human ego might prevent that from ever happening, but here is to hope.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:Cmon Anet, you have the best MMO combat system out there, unmatched by just about any other game...

You know people say the same thing in BDO, ESO, etc. You know what else is the same, the PvP is bad, one day people will learn if you want good PvP then don't play an MMORPG.

Nobody says the pvp is better in that game. If they do they probably played gw2 for an hour and thought stuns were OP.

Archived