Eater of Souls (The Departing storyline) - Guardian/Dragonhunter successes?

Skara.7409

Hi EveryoneDo any Guardian / Dragonhunter's out there have any advice for beating this Eater of Souls?I have read a number of threads on this subject that date back to 2017, some character builds seems to breeze through this whereas other's struggle to the point of giving up.I have tried a number of times and have decided to give it a break and come back to it later, I realise there is more I can learn about "break bars" and Crowd Control abilities, but would appreciate any tips or advice from similar builds to mine in the meantime.

There was mention of "cheesing" this by trapping the Eater of Souls by the chains of Joko's cage, does this still work for anyone? I couldn't quite make this work for me, so far.

I am using Greatsword and Longbow.

Thanks!

You just need to cc it when the blue bar appears under the health bar. I did it before they nerfed it so I'm not sure if you still need to be split second accurate anymore though. Might be worth switching to hammer as that has some decent cc options especially on the knockback

@"Skara.7409" said:Do any Guardian / Dragonhunter's out there have any advice for beating this Eater of Souls?

The same as for any other profession: Keep your distance and deal damage. Dragonhunter makes that especially easy with the use of a scepter/focus or longbow, F1, and the use of speed boost skills ("Retreat!") and jumps with F2.

If you need to know the basics of breakbar damage;

• hard cc is generally the one to go for. These are knock back, knock downs, stuns, pulls, Freeze, launch, daze and wards. They quickly smash a break bar
  • soft cc is small damage over time to the breakbar. Including cripple, immobilise, chill, fear, taunt, slow, blind and weakness

Look for guardian skills where you use hard cc for this fight mostly. If I remember, one hard cc should be enough to negate that particular break bar

Archived