We need a Edge in Siren

Rico.6873

Like kill X enemy to gain stability against the blowing windsOr destroy use X item to pull/teleport all ghost in one spotOr a door that leads to the top of the mast where you can support your allies or need to destroy a objective

We just need a edge a small or a big one, a mechanic to make the Siren life it bit easier

Do you think we need a extra edge in this fractal?What kind of edge do you have in mind?Why isn't the edge needed at all?

Bring reflects, pulls and good cleave.

If you still really struggle with the last phase, consider bringing a healing FB.It can provide perma reflect on the boss, essentially nullifying all the adds (and possible bleed fire), provide loads of Aegis and Stab to negate all the dazes and easily outheals all the other pressure. All you need to do at that point is not get blown off the ship, hug allies with green circle and step away with red circle.

@"Rico.6873" said:Like kill X enemy to gain stability against the blowing windsOr destroy use X item to pull/teleport all ghost in one spotOr a door that leads to the top of the mast where you can support your allies or need to destroy a objective

We just need a edge a small or a big one, a mechanic to make the Siren life it bit easier

Do you think we need a extra edge in this fractal?What kind of edge do you have in mind?Why isn't the edge needed at all?

There is one, if you party struggles on the boat, go down on island on the north side, when boss is 33% (it's when she telepots on the nose of the boat).Go down kill mobs, focusing on Elite, get back on boat and finish the boss.She is squishy but aegis and protection makes her tanky.

@lare.5129 said:no we NOT need, on last boss.When we have standard setup- druid, bs, chrno, guard, and holo the guard is change set and build to fb sup, and we finalize that.It is rule in normal party, and last 5 times I make that in this setup.

I mostly play in pugs, I dont have the luxary to have the right classes with every fractal setup/bossesthis fractal isnt the highest on the list and I see no problem changing the last boss

How the last boss is now it feels more like a Challenge mode boss then a normal last bosssplitting the boss into 2 modes normal and CM would solve the problem where elite/skilled grouped players can still easily do it and get rewardedWhere the normal pugs also have a chance to complete it without getting destroyed by instabilities, winds, sharks, mobs, and pools that damage everyone standing in it

If you want all these conditions AND more then I would suggest the CM mode option with this boss for youBecause now this boss is a pain to finish, it is doable if you have 2 healers and a chrono but very hard without

@Rico.6873 said:

@lare.5129 said:no we NOT need, on last boss.When we have standard setup- druid, bs, chrno, guard, and holo the guard is change set and build to fb sup, and we finalize that.It is rule in normal party, and last 5 times I make that in this setup.

I mostly play in pugs, I dont have the luxary to have the right classes with every fractal setup/bossesthis fractal isnt the highest on the list and I see no problem changing the last boss

How the last boss is now it feels more like a Challenge mode boss then a normal last bosssplitting the boss into 2 modes normal and CM would solve the problem where elite/skilled grouped players can still easily do it and get rewardedWhere the normal pugs also have a chance to complete it without getting destroyed by instabilities, winds, sharks, mobs, and pools that damage everyone standing in it

If you want all these conditions AND more then I would suggest the CM mode option with this boss for youBecause now this boss is a pain to finish, it is doable if you have 2 healers and a chrono but very hard without

The thing is: PUGs can complete it; they just haven't learned how. If the fractal were easier, people would already be bored. Given that it's more challenging, it takes time for the knowledge of how to handle things to progress.

There was at time when PUGs were unable to cope with Cliffside torso seals (couldn't coordinate staying alive in the fire), dealing with the new-fangled molten bosses. And don't forget that when Swamp was revamped, PUGs complained it was too hard.

Want to give PUGs an edge in Siren's Reef? take 60 seconds before encounters offering key tips

• Cannon the skritt out of the ghosts past the initial wall.
  • Fire brigade the cursed treasure, i.e. throw (and never carry) them, one at a time, moving as a group. If you have to fight, move to the alcoves to avoid triggering more mobs.
  • Two on cannons, two to get treasure. GG after triggering next phase if you need to.
  • Focus on Elite Quartermaster and cleave mobs, before worrying about bosses.

And of course, there are profession-specific tips, too.

tl;dr it's a lot of new stuff and the techniques just haven't been moving through the community quickly. Eventually, it will be just as cakewalk as the other fracts.

@Rico.6873 said:

We neither run a Chrono nor 2 healers, just Alacrity Renegade and Support FB. That's more than enough to make Fractals like Siren's Reef easy. It's also not a specific comp for the Fractal and works on everything.At most you switch to Virtues if you usually run Radiance and swap in Master of Consecrations and Wall of Reflection, like you do for Bleed Fire in general. That's the only adjustment.

If anything, low DPS with two healers would increase the difficulty, as you would have to sustain mechanics such as the gusts for much longer, resulting in people eventually making mistakes, while being completely unnecessary as one healer can easily outheal the pressure, especially with projectile defense up.

Even in other comps, plenty of specs can sacrifice minor DPS gains for defensive utilities, like a DH swapping out Sword of Justice for Wall of Reflection, which makes the Fractal a lot easier.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:tl;dr it's a lot of new stuff and the techniques just haven't been moving through the community quickly. Eventually, it will be just as cakewalk as the other fracts.

Other than that, it comes down to this.I know some Fractals can seem needlessly difficult with PuG's who have no idea what to do. Just take some of the tips offered here and try to adapt and educate teammates. Most likely you will see it's not that bad after all, when people are actually doing the mechanics properly.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• Two on cannons, two to get treasure. GG after triggering next phase if you need to.
  • Focus on Elite Quartermaster and cleave mobs, before worrying about bosses.

These are probably the 2 biggest pieces of advice I would give to PUGs.

I usually do T4s with two statics and 2 PUGs. If the PUGs listen and do these points, we clear no issues. If they don't, sometimes we struggle. The Aegis from Elite Quartermaster makes the fight much more... tedious. Without it, boss melts pretty quick.

Bring pulls and cleave. Target quartermaster. Be sure to dodge wind and to stand in green circles. Any decent healer can outheal you if other party members are doing above mentioned things.

This fractal takes some practice but its easy to master. If you can do mai trin you already know how to do this.

So im gonna say no to the changes

Archived