Please delete unstoppable union

Derm.4932

This adept trait literally nullifies the entire point of projectile hate against the class where you need to make use of it the most.Spammable unblockable bursts from range was too strong on deadeye, and it's too strong on soulbeast(for the effort provided) as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:"JuST delETE it" isn't constructive.

If 4s is too long so it can be lowered to like 1.5-2s.

If it's the particular combination of this and rapid fire you are concerned about then change it to the next X hits.

X amount of hits would probably be a good change actually.

If it's the particular combination of this and rapid fire you are concerned about then change it to the next X hits.

It should just be stun break when you merge with your pet. No unblockable.

Don't forget that GS is all purpose (mobility CC, evade spam, BURST DAMAGE) "high skill cap" ranger build atm

Could even trait double signet of stone (god forbid with all that evade spam with GS auto cancel)

Literally ranger hardest class in the game, automatic pet dodge bait + unblockables

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@melandru.3876 said:4 secs unblockable on 10 seconds cooldown, that's nearly a 50% upkeep

no.if you cancel beastmode after 4s, beastmode goes on a 10s cd.100 (to find the actual %) / 14 = 77x14 = 28% uptime

no one forces you to camp beastmode for the full duration of the unblockableyou can unmerge the moment you have merged, and still have 4 seconds, and when those 4 secons are gone, u wait 6 seconds and can do it again

@Derm.4932 said:This adept trait literally nullifies the entire point of projectile hate against the class where you need to make use of it the most.Spammable unblockable bursts from range was too strong on deadeye, and it's too strong on soulbeast(for the effort provided) as well.

Where there is projectile hate, there needs to be a counter too. That's exactly what is going on. Don't be too greedy. Scrappers are still too hard to kill. Other balanced professions like warrior are doing just fine with their abilities.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@"Derm.4932" said:This adept trait literally nullifies the entire point of projectile hate against the class where you need to make use of it the most.Spammable unblockable bursts from range was too strong on deadeye, and it's too strong on soulbeast(
for the effort provided
) as well.

Where there is projectile hate, there needs to be a counter too. That's exactly what is going on. Don't be too greedy. Scrappers are still too hard to kill. Other balanced professions like warrior are doing just fine with their abilities.

Ok where is my "remove unblockable effects" skill?

@Quadox.7834 said:

@"Derm.4932" said:This adept trait literally nullifies the entire point of projectile hate against the class where you need to make use of it the most.Spammable unblockable bursts from range was too strong on deadeye, and it's too strong on soulbeast(
for the effort provided
) as well.

Unblockable needs to be toned down as well.

Speaking subjectively here, of course, but I think it will only help the game's health to have less of these effects.

delete just the unblockable part. the stunbreak is on merge is strong enough for an adept trait

@Quadox.7834 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

You get it in 4s. It's passive.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@Derm.4932 said:This adept trait literally nullifies the entire point of projectile hate against the class where you need to make use of it the most.Spammable unblockable bursts from range was too strong on deadeye, and it's too strong on soulbeast(
for the effort provided
) as well.

Where there is projectile hate, there needs to be a counter too.If it were a counter of equivalent power level sure. But it's 40% unblockable uptime on a t1 trait. There isn't an equivalent level of projectile hate that requires that little investment.

You get it in 4s. It's passive.I mean, you can literally say the same thing about projectile hate...

@Edge.8724 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

Speaking subjectively here, of course, but I think it will only help the game's health to have less of these effects.

My Tempest hates it...Engage longbow ranger > use magnetic Auras > die to unblockable rapid fire.He countered my counter ?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

My Tempest hates it...Engage longbow ranger > use magnetic Auras > die to unblockable rapid fire.He countered my counter ?

A ranger will always be the least of the worries for an ele in general, the ranger is in fact the only counter to what currently kills tempest viability in PvP

@Arheundel.6451 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

A ranger will always be the least of the worries for an ele in general, the ranger is in fact the only counter to what currently kills tempest viability in PvP

Must be my build because Mesmers, necros or anything packing condition damage is the least of my worries...

Sic Em Rangers and SB are my kryptonite, that high unblockable burst damage and CC spam always has me on my toes lol

@sephiroth.4217 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

Must be my build because Mesmers, necros or anything packing condition damage is the least of my worries...

Sic Em Rangers and SB are my kryptonite, that high unblockable burst damage and CC spam always has me on my toes lol

I find ranger builds predictable but that may be because I played one for thousand of hours, on ele if there is one class I can kill consistently ( save the few skilled ones ) is ranger followed by thief.(been duelling thieves for years , I don't play one but know their class)..everything else is an uphill battle

@Arheundel.6451 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

I find ranger builds predictable but that may be because I played one for thousand of hours, on ele if there is one class I can kill consistently ( save the few skilled ones ) is ranger followed by thief.(been duelling thieves for years , I don't play one but know their class)..everything else is an uphill battle

Yea my Ranger has about 2k hours on it but I dumped it when they overbuffed longbow by adding stealth and removed the sword auto attack lock on it used to have.Most thieves are easy to me too, static aura is like my best friend there.

It may be in the builds though, I run Fire/Air celestial most days.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

Yea my Ranger has about 2k hours on it but I dumped it when they overbuffed longbow by adding stealth and removed the sword auto attack lock on it used to have.Most thieves are easy to me too, static aura is like my best friend there.

Even with that said I don't see nearly as many rangers as condi mirages/chrono/scourge - scrappers and holosmith..if anything I know I will never see a stacked team of longbow rangers and that should be maybe a clear indication of what broken in this game:

https://imgur.com/a/DbLCOqK

I have no quarrels with removing unblockable from SB but.....I still wonder when the most cancerous stuff will be addressed

@Arheundel.6451 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

Even with that said I don't see nearly as many rangers as condi mirages/chrono/scourge - scrappers and holosmith..if anything I know I will never see a stacked team of longbow rangers and that should be maybe a clear indication of what broken in this game:

Which is why my build is designed around those classes so definitely a build thing for me

You got me thinking about my old ranger days now... sword/axe and axe/Wh with an almighty brown bear lmao

@BadMed.3846 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

Ranger is the only class that can kill with projectiles from 1200+ range by face-rolling across a keyboard. Deadeye was graciously nerfed, but it's still a pretty cancerous design at a fundamental level. Even rifle Warrior makes the same mistake of allowing a player to just press a single button which allows an un-aimed projectile with zero arc to inflict lethal damage from a titanic range. The only thing stopping the latter two is the lack of consistent unblockable attacks (Warrior is more cast-time). Ranger has effectively zero cast times, 1800 range and a the constant flow of an un-counterable buff which makes all attacks unblockable and which also synchronizes up with the Ranger's most lethal ranged cooldowns.

Something like the GW2 Ranger longbow, considering how positively low effort it is to use and how far from danger it can inflict lethal damage, has never, ever, in the history of all video games, deserved such a massive crutch as "My attacks can basically kill you from outside of a 200-degree FoV frame if you are in line of sight; also my attacks are unblockable." It's utter lunacy.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

for the effort provided
) as well.

Which is why my build is designed around those classes so definitely a build thing for me

You got me thinking about my old ranger days now... sword/axe and axe/Wh with an almighty brown bear lmao

It must be the case