Cooking 500 is coming sooner or later what stats are you interested in having cooked?

Rico.6873

@xXMapcoXx.9614 said:There is no relevant argument for allow time gated or account bond anything. It does not add anything to the game just keeps you from having something extending game play is the only justification for it.

We'll their is. Time gating allows certain materials to be worth more and account binding makes it so things can't all be credit card farmed and people have to do the appropriate content.

I don't need new stats (although there are a few recipes they could add to balance the options). I'm more looking forward to things that aren't as easy to make now or don't exist:

• Utilities
  • Group foods (trays, cauldrons, feasts), since all current recipes require a crazy amount of mystic coins
  • Food additives (turn the foods into longer lasting versions)
  • Transform tonics
  • Slayer potions that don't exist now
  • Things we haven't thought of that ANet wanted to implement years ago.

hrm.. So far I can only imagine that either food improves slightly. Such as Beef Rendang going from 100 condi and 70 expertise, to 100/100. Or a tertiary useful effect getting added to the 100/70 food. Or some kind of endless legendary food of one specific dish.The new food also have to remain within reasonable cost range per unit to be worth using.

Though I remember they spoke of making lower tiers of food useful. I shudder at the idea. I remember how -painful- it was to make the once favored super veggie pizza condi food. Way, way too convoluted a production tree. I am so much more happy for the much simpler to make Beef Rendang from Sandswept isles.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:I don't need new stats (although there are a few recipes they could add to balance the options). I'm more looking forward to things that aren't as easy to make now or don't exist:

• Utilities
  • Group foods (trays, cauldrons, feasts), since all current recipes require a crazy amount of mystic coins
  • Slayer potions that don't exist now

These are pretty much the things I'm thinking of as well.

For the Slaying potions, they could start with a base of "Sparkling Water" or some such, and go from there. That way they're not technically potions, but very similar and it makes sense that you need cooking skill to make them.

For the group foods, I'd like to see some group food versions of some of the stuff you can make with account bound items. Yes, I know that somewhat sidesteps the whole issue of them being account bound, but if someone's willing to fork out the items to make a feast of steaks with winterberry sauce or avocado smoothies, they should be able to do so.

That’s really a headache with the food 500 food and power creep or 500 food and magic find or gathering find increase are all in the end the same. When everyone gets more loot nobody gets more loot.

So I can only think of visual effects or food for the mounts (increases mount health, increases raptor base speed by % or damage)

Or we get food to increase CC points like all ur CC skills are increased by % but that’s all power creep again.

Food duration. Food that can cooked now gets a spice which Tripples the duration but that could at the same time make the player need less food so cooking materials loos value.

Fun foods and visuals are the only food which would not impact the game balance to much.

Tonics comes to mind as well.

Food which gives u the ability to walk on water or food who are reduce fall damage used in jp food which helps u find secret rifts/ portals in Tyria.

I would like anet add also one more profession Inventor a kind of gadget maker. In general all proffessions are a little bit unfun. Useful and needed yes but I never built anything just for fun.

@Balsa.3951 said:That’s really a headache with the food 500 food and power creep or 500 food and magic find or gathering find increase are all in the end the same. When everyone gets more loot nobody gets more loot.

So I can only think of visual effects or food for the mounts (increases mount health, increases raptor base speed by % or damage)

Or we get food to increase CC points like all ur CC skills are increased by % but that’s all power creep again.

Food duration. Food that can cooked now gets a spice which Tripples the duration but that could at the same time make the player need less food so cooking materials loos value.

Fun foods and visuals are the only food which would not impact the game balance to much.

Tonics comes to mind as well.

Food which gives u the ability to walk on water or food who are reduce fall damage used in jp food which helps u find secret rifts/ portals in Tyria.

I would like anet add also one more profession Inventor a kind of gadget maker. In general all proffessions are a little bit unfun. Useful and needed yes but I never built anything just for fun.

So much this... Im kind of afraid that its gonna make all the foods we have now obsolete. We already have this situation for some buff foods - truffle steak, omnomberry ghost or even good old mango pie just to mention some... Why would anyone use those when you can get a food that gives you all that plus some magic find and/or karma...?

Like it is now, i don't even stop to gather omnomberries anymore. Last time i had to sell a stack because my bank was full i sold it to the merch.

So yeah.. no more powercreep pls... Increased effect duration (don't know.. maybe 2 hours?) would be something i could live with. It wouldn't make the old ones obsolete its just more comfortable in certain situations.

Also what Balsa said - some visual effects would be nice to have. I still would like to have the effect of the omnomberry ghost permanent or at least to last longer than few minutes - just as an example.

@"Pirindolo.9427" said:Well, if you guys think that what we need with "food 500" are more visual effects,...

But I would gladly craft a new food that made all the unwanted visual spam comming from so many sources around (specially while fighting) disappear in my screen.

-Smelling Salts.Thatd come in handy.

I want some viable sugary foods. Preferably cookies. My commander has a second stomach for cookies.

In less seriousness, I hope Anet doesn't introduce new ingredients for 500 cooking. I'd prefer if they used this as an item sink for existing foodstuffs from all tiers, so I can pick up random herbs without feeling like I wasted a sickle charge.

@Cronospere.8143 said:

@"Balsa.3951" said:Just power creeping food is boring I hope food can provide other effects as well. Visual effects or a bloodstone sink

But Bloodstone has no culinary applications

Well... Actually..

Considering that our character considers those... items... as a trophy rather than food is rather telling, especially when the same Commander will happily eat garlic bread that's probably been laying in a catacomb since gw1...

Archived