Signet of Rage gives Quickness + Swiftness instead of Might, Fury, and Swiftness

BlackTruth.6813

Signet activation becomes instant cast OR keep the casting time the same but lower the CD to 40 seconds. Okay you can say just use Frenzy, but what if I don't want to or can't? What if I want to stack Quickness at a real trade-off? I doubt it would be stronger than 72/90 second rampage anyways when boonstrip/corruption can troll this version hard. So maybe it has to be pulsing quickness then lol..

Might be a good start to make this Signet ACTUALLY good and more active instead of making it a PvE signet.

Thoughts?

Also, I'm bored of Rampage.

EDIT: Obviously the Quickness better be at Frenzy duration. 7 seconds. But Swiftness at 25 seconds duration.

It would be nice to see some special active effect (not just 3 boons) on SoR, similar to Signet of Fury.Not sure if giving more quickness to warrior is good idea. If you want quickness, you could just use certain runes/sigils (e.g. rifle builds with sigil of agility, etc).I think it is more practical to have shorter and more frequent sources of quickness, than longer and less frequent ones, in this boon spam/removal/corrupt meta.If anything, Frenzy could be improved indirectly, by some kind of synergy between trait and quickness, e.g. when you grant yourself quickness, you gain adrenaline, or your next attack crits, or your next burst recharges 50% faster, etc... this could be used to promote less used traitlines.There is a lot of possibilities, but it requires deep thinking about how it would interact with other traits, traitlines, meta builds, spellbreaker, berserker, etc.

An idea to improve SoR: passive buff now also improves fury from 20% to 25%. Activating signet now grants special effect that improves fury from 20% to 30%, lasts XY seconds.

Another idea: passive effect improved - 2 strikes per 2 seconds; new active effect (together with current boons) - special buff that lasts XY seconds, and doubles adrenaline gain, 4 strikes per 2 seconds.This could help builds that have slow adrenaline generation with slow weapons (hammer, mace, etc) and builds that have 10 second weapon swap. Possibly too strong for core warrior and/or with other adrenaline on-hit bonus traits.

Another idea: passive adrenaline gain removed, new passive effect: when landing critial hit on an enemy, there is 10% chance to instantly kill them, 1 second ICD. This would improve warrior quite a lot :)

idea:

remove boons from signet of rage, keep the passive adrenaline build up

activation effect: deal increased damage the lower your health gets 15 seconds duration, 40-45 seconds cooldown

90% health or above +4% dmg< 75% health + 8% dmg< 50% health +12% dmg< 25% health +16% dmg< 10% health +20% dmg

@"Edge.8724" said:How about this?

Signet of Rage passive: The usual adrenaline build-up.

Signet of Rage active: Gain 250 of all stats for a set amount of seconds.

but rage literally means "uncontrolled anger" where it comes to a poin that you will just rush heads in first and worry about nothinghency my idea to do more dmg the lower your health gets, to display the recklessness of rage

@melandru.3876 said:

@"Edge.8724" said:How about this?

Signet of Rage passive: The usual adrenaline build-up.

Signet of Rage active: Gain 250 of all stats for a set amount of seconds.

but rage literally means "uncontrolled anger" where it comes to a poin that you will just rush heads in first and worry about nothinghency my idea to do more dmg the lower your health gets, to display the recklessness of rage

Ah, I get your point. I was suggesting more like a simple elite skill, but at the same time it might not fits well with "rage".

I actually though about increased stat on the signet because of Thief's Assassin's Signet and Warrior's Signet of Fury.

@BlackTruth.6813 said:Well at least we all agree that it needs to be changed..

If you're killing people with signet of rage, you will kill people harder with rampage anyways.

Quickness is an easy fix but there probably is a better one.

not allways true, it takes 1 mesmer elite/engi elixer to change you in a moa and put your rampage on cd, and yes they can do it from stealth with zero counterplay if they position correct

Signet of rage is an elite skill and is currently worse than all the other warrior signets. So it needs a rework/change/buff that is very clear. With all the powercreep since HoT this skill simply has become obsolete.

The question is what would you gain from 7 sec quickness on a 60 sec cd? Even with 40 sec cd and it being instacast it's still worse than the warrior stance. It would never compete with rampage on a 72 sec cd.

Far more interesting would be if the signet would be changed to grant something new to the warrior. A fitting example (because of the name) would be to remove adrenaline costs for 30 sec (if you burst during this duration on core warrior you'd always get max adrenaline effects) and recharge your burst skills once with 1 min cd and a 3/4 or 1 sec cast animation.

Archived