Which Exotic Gear Stats to keep?

Nor.2057

Im usually not to crazy about min and maxing stats in this game but i do like to be decently equipped and i have a crazy amount of characters still gearing up and doing more and more high end game stuff (Fractals T3 , T4 , Raids and WvW) so i try to save potential exotic weapons n armor (minus trinkets) the problem is that i have like more than 100 slots (bank + personal guildbank) of various Account Bound , Not Bound and awaiting Select Stats Exotic Gear that i desperately need to clean up so i wanted to know wut stats are worth to keeping and whcih not so that i can salvage or mystic toilet...

from my take so far the most popular exotic stats worth to keep as of now are:VipersBerserkerMagiHarrier

any other worthy stats to keep for future characters?

tl;dr My recommendation:Salvage all armor, forge or salvage all the weapons with these exceptions

• Weapons with choosy stats that include at least one of the big four (Viper|Zerk|Marauder|Trailblazer)
  • Sets of armor with choosy stats as above.
  • One set for an off-meta build that you have actually considered in the last 3 months (just haven't gotten around to making it happen), e.g. maybe a chrono or a support scourge.

• Berserker's will always have a use in power builds; those are always worth saving.
  • Viper's will almost always have a use in condi builds, with the exceptions tailored to specific situations.
  • Marauder's & Trailblazer's are WvW counterparts of above, so ditto for them if you WvW.

Nothing else is a sure thing; they all depend on the ever-changing skills, traits, and synergies. There are lots of stats that enjoy specific niche uses, and if you are likely to play those roles, then it might be worth saving.

Here's another way to look at it, though:

What's the cost of reserving 100 slots versus the cost of making the items you need only when you need them?

For the sake of argument, let's pretend that all of these are account bound and can either be salvaged or forged. Salvaging probably gives you an ecto per exotic; forging four weapons is likely to net you 2g average, if lucky... so let's call it 50 silver each. So if you clear out 50 of those exotics, you can recoup 25 gold. That's easily enough for more than a full set of exotic gear with (most) off-meta stats and enough for even a set of zerker's (depending).

In contrast, keeping all that space means you have manage that much more inventory, check everything when you're ready to gear up to see which items match. It's a lot of time spent on paperwork, rather than actual playing. It also makes it harder to manage all your other inventory: you need to keep more space free, think more often about how to store everything, and generally distract you.

dear lord i never expected a very well in-depth and properly explained answer to this silly question of mine , guess at one point everyone needs to deal with this situation! but its good to have a good direction now, and you are totally correct its becoming an annoyance to manage items, that's why gonna im going to clean those items with this info, i believe ill free up like 40 Slots!

just a question about what you said , so even if the big four stats have been mentioned wouldn't there be a fifth or sixth?...maybe for...full support and tank? i was expecting magi or harrier or even if they are used not worth keeping much?

PD:also i noticed some provide master inscriptions and insignias when salvaged so the value of some goes up to more than 1 gold when salvaged with blt kits :)!

@"Nor.2057" said:just a question about what you said , so even if the big four stats have been mentioned wouldn't there be a fifth or sixth?...maybe for...full support and tank? i was expecting magi or harrier or even if they are used not worth keeping much?Let's look at from a different angle: no matter what prof or elite spec, if you run power in PvE, you'll use zerker gear, most if not all pieces. In contrast, if you're running "support," then whether it's harrier or magi or divinity or some weird mix will depend on the prof/elite & build, and maybe even the latest patch notes.

So zerker is like type O blood: always useful; other stuff isn't as clear cut.

So if you stick to choosable-stat items that include Berserker, you'll cover a lot more ground than trying to keep one of each possible thing.

Replacement cost is a good way to think about, too. Magi's is cheap to replace.

i noticed some provide master inscriptions and insignias when salvaged so the value of some goes up to more than 1 gold when salvaged with blt kits :)!Yeah, I was being conservative in estimating how much you might end up with. I mostly wanted to show that "saving for later" isn't the same as "saving;" sometimes converting to coin is better, if only because freeing an extra entire bank tab is so liberating.

My solution, which admittedly is based largely on wanting to keep it simple and store as little equipment as possible is to keep exotics only if they let me select non-core stats. All the core stats are relatively easy to get again if I want them since they're either tradable or craftable, but HoT and PoF stats can be a pain to get back.

@"Nor.2057" said:aaah just noticed magi's not that popular anymore on the support department seems to be mostly harriers now xDExactly what I was trying to convey above: zerk rules, regardless of the meta; other combinations ebb & flow in popularity.

pd:not so bad to replace exotics but its gonna be painful for all those ascended magi trinkets...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Harrier is selectable from Healer, Defender, and Universal choosy trinkets. The first two can be bought with raid currencies; the last is available via PvP, WvW, or Fractal currency. I recommend that option because you can choose to reset stats on Mists Trinkets using a Mist Capacitor (which is cheaply acquired for 250 shards of glory, i.e. under 2g tops).

Harriers (trinkets) are also obtained via Hearts in the southern dessert areas (Vabbi, Desolation), for thousands of trade contracts plus pulsing brandsparks plus laurels.

Magi's is a decent option while you work on acquisition, perhaps mixed with Diviner's (both of which can be obtained via LS3 maps).

After my cleanup this is what i ended concluding and giving priority to exotics and ascended recipes/gear for later toons :)

===========================================TOP 6 STATS==================================================FRACTALS and RAIDS

1. Berserker's // Zojja's : POWER — precision - ferocity
  2. Viper's // Yassith's : POWER - CONDITION DAMAGE - precision - expertise
  3. Harrier's // Zehtuka's : POWER — healing power - concentration

WvW

1. Marauder // Svaard's : POWER - PRECISION - vitality - ferocity
  2. Trailblazer's // Pahua's : TOUGHNESS - CONDITION DAMAGE - vitality - expertise
  3. Minstrel's // Maklain's : TOUGHNESS - HEALING POWER - vitality - concentration

Archived