Instead of another "No Downstate" event, please make it a "No Rally" event.

Kayowin.9217

Please remove the rally mechanic next time around in place of the previously tried no downstate event. The downed toon will either have to res itself (In the usual slow and painful manner unless you are a ranger) or with the active help of others. No downstate nullified too many skills and builds and will also nullify the Warclaw pounce. Doing a no rally mechanic instead will make classes such as medi-scourge, and skills that help downstate toons valuable and add a bit more flavor and strategy to the gamemode.

In my opinion, currently the rally mechanic caters more to the comped groups and works against PUG's. By removing rally, one side is no longer penalized for PUGS following along and acting as rallybots for the enemy. It might even help to make WvW more inclusive for the very same reason.

Please consider this request before doing another no downstate week.

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Why would it be bad that it favors a group that is comped for it?

You would prefer that they are effectively punished for planning ahead?

It simply does not punish the group that may consist of PUG's in the essence that they do not become rallybots. Otherwise it does not hinder a well comped group at all.

I don't understand what you mean by being "punished for planning ahead?" This is simply removing the Rally mechanic from WvW and nothing more.

@Kayowin.9217 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:Why would it be bad that it favors a group that is comped for it?

It simply does not punish the group that may consist of PUG's in the essence that they do not become rallybots. Otherwise it does not hinder a well comped group at all.

I don't understand what you mean by being "punished for planning ahead?" This is simply removing the Rally mechanic from WvW and nothing more.

But yet, you say such mechanic caters to a comped group. So, you are looking to effectively punish the comped Group.

No down state, down state, I don’t care, either way will benefit the coordinated group, but you are stating that the rally mechanic benefits the comped group.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Why would it be bad that it favors a group that is comped for it?

But yet, you say such mechanic
caters
to a comped group. So, you are looking to
effectively
punish the comped Group.

No down state, down state, I don’t care, either way will benefit the coordinated group, but you are stating that the rally mechanic benefits the comped group.

In the case of PUG's and rallybotting, in my opinion I believe it does benefit the comped group more. If you think about it, wouldn't you agree?

Either way it is a mechanic better left for dodgeball rather than WvW, again, in my opinion. :)

@Kayowin.9217 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Why would it be bad that it favors a group that is comped for it?

caters
effectively
punish the comped Group.

In the case of PUG's and rallybotting, in my opinion I believe it does benefit the comped group more. If you think about it, wouldn't you agree?

Either way it is a mechanic better left for dodgeball rather than WvW, again, in my opinion. :)

everything benefits a comped group more. To use that as the basis of why you want a week without it is... lacking.

It’s a 1-1 mechanic. If you can’t kill their downed before yours gets killed that is on you.

Now, if we are talking no down state, sure.

Plus with the introduction of the mount stomp.... SMH.

I think it would be an interesting thing to try out for a week or weekend and see what happens. I don't think it would nerf organized groups as much as it would just change some practices in fights and decisions commanders would make.

I do, however think it would make it less troublesome to have people tag along organized groups when their largest negative would be negated. That I'd be down for because it'd make it slightly less exclusive.

Just thought on the matter.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

caters
effectively
punish the comped Group.

everything
benefits a comped group more. To use that as the basis of why you want a week without it is... lacking.

It’s a 1-1 mechanic. If you can’t kill their downed before yours gets killed that is on you.

I am well aware what the current mechanic for rally is and am hoping they try something different vs. no downstate next time around.

I'm only asking that we try it for a week instead of no downed state. It's not like comped groups will be any worse off without it and it may mean more fights for everyone especially when PUG servers fight stacked servers as you don't have to worry about being as big of a detriment to the servers WvW war efforts if you wont be rallybotting someone on the opposite team.

I haven't thought of any negatives to the idea so far but if you can think of any other than no more one up for one down, please offer it up for discussion.

@RickardJames.8267 said:I think it would be an interesting thing to try out for a week or weekend and see what happens. I don't think it would nerf organized groups as much as it would just change some practices in fights and decisions commanders would make.

I do, however think it would make it less troublesome to have people tag along organized groups when their largest negative would be negated. That I'd be down for because it'd make it slightly less exclusive.

Just thought on the matter.

I agree with you 100% RJ.

No rally is actually one of 2 changes (ignoring plain nerfs) to downed state that I think is... acceptable.

No matter how you look at it, if you rallied you already had an advantage by the fact that someone on the enemy side died. It doesnt change the idea that we are supposed to help each other either, ressing is still important. It just changes the 2-punch death-rally. It doesnt change much in solo/smallscale either (unlike no downed which turn it on its head), but is rather primarily aimed toward zergs relying on steamrolling through damage and rallying before they rally. And that IMO is fine.

For those wondering about the second acceptable change to downed state, that is 1-1 ressing. Again, a change that doesnt really alter smallscale that much (well it does, but it put less reliance on smaller meta zerglings and more on skill use) but is aimed toward zergs relying on stacking ressers through damage.

@Kayowin.9217 said:In my opinion, currently the rally mechanic caters more to the comped groups and works against PUG's. By removing rally, one side is no longer penalized for PUGS following along and acting as rallybots for the enemy. It might even help to make WvW more inclusive for the very same reason.

Please consider this request before doing another no downstate week.

Or give the abilities to commanders to ''mark'' random friendly players.(the more ppl are in his squad > the more target it can mark) .Those players dont rally the enemies , but the commander get 75% less rewards , or dont get affected by friendly buffs (like Swiftness)

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

caters
effectively
punish the comped Group.

everything
benefits a comped group more. To use that as the basis of why you want a week without it is... lacking.

This is stupid. Just because comped groups are better, which is fine, and therefore cater to a certain mechanic, doesn't mean that said mechanic is always good, just because the good team caters to it in order to arguably abuse it.Bad mechanics need to be tweaked. Nuff said.

Archived