Scholar Aiti stole all my Hall of Monuments titles...

I got a mail from Scholar Aiti about me erroneously getting the "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals" title, and that it had been removed. "Fair enough" I thought, but then I noticed that all my Hall of Monuments titles has been deleted. Additionally, I can't talk to Kimmes the Historian anymore. What is going on here?

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually a recurring bug that happens whenever the GW2 servers lose contact with the GW1 server that keeps track of people's HoM points. The reason for the letter (and removal of title/points) is that there was a worse bug a few years back in which people who hadn't earned GWAMM or HoM/50 were given credit as if they had. The initial solution (just adjusting everyone back) didn't stick, so ANet set things up so that GW2 constantly checks to make sure. The end result is that no one gets 500 AP/GWAMM without the GW1 accomplishments any more (no false positives) but lots of people sometimes lose their 500/GWAMM (false negatives).

Fortunately, this always fixes itself now. Close the game and reopening sometimes does it, although some people report having to launch GW1 before restarting GW2.

Archived