SUGGESTION: change Arcane Abatement heal to barrier

juno.1840

Barrier is a weaver thing, don't think it'll be implemented in arcana tbh, also barrier can vanish, while you'll always benefit heals, so... the thing you ask sounds like a nerf to me. I feel like we need a 700ish barrier on dual attack, and really be rewarded when using healing power, but it's just little details, sustain is good enough on weaver.

@Hana.8143 said:Barrier is a weaver thing, don't think it'll be implemented in arcana tbh, also barrier can vanish, while you'll always benefit heals, so... the thing you ask sounds like a nerf to me. I feel like we need a 700ish barrier on dual attack, and really be rewarded when using healing power, but it's just little details, sustain is good enough on weaver.

I specifically didn't mention the size of the barrier, but I expect it would be a larger number than the current healing value for the trait. I don't want the discussion to get lost in fighting over the size of the barrier -- instead on the viability of the feature.

Barriers being a "weaver" thing I disagree with - it's more of a PoF thing. Adding barrier to Arcane does add the mechanic for non-PoF customers, but that's more of a business oriented discussion, not a game play discussion.

I like Arcane Abatement healing combined with Signet of Restoration, being a weaver and fast tuning elements is really good for this combo for sustain reasons. Exceptionally good at WvW/PvE with Frenzy sigils.

I wouldn't say no to a barrier as long as it didn't lower the healing or remove the healing from Arcane Abatement.

Its not a bad ideal there was even talk about applying barrier to the core ele class at one point i am not sure what happen to it. Though there was a lot of talk about the core classes getting updates after PoF came out but it never happens so there maybe an update coming soon?

Swap heals are nice and they open up a good burst heal but there a lot of healing on ele as is maybe an over doing it by letting it be a barrier you can have a burst like effect to even more but due to barrier being a very temp. effect it will never be as powerful as a big heal. I would not mind seeing the though of barrier taking over for self heals effects or that of burst heals or even super powerful reg OR better yet means of taking 0 dmg.

That would be a good after though to this chasing skills so they are no longer take 0 dmg for x sec but make it into a high barrier effect.

You can balance barrier and you can buff its effects as a player you cant do this if a skill simply give you a blunt take 0 dmg or invaluably.

Archived